Need help w/ complicated macro

Note that these are only related to World of Warcraft! Posts regarding different games or software will be removed.
Wombocombo

Need help w/ complicated macro

Unread postby Wombocombo Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:07 am

Hi, I'm trying to make a T7 talent macro with a few conditions. This is what I have currently

#showtooltip
/stopmacro [channeling:Arcane Missiles]
/use [talent:7/1]Overpowered;[talent:7/2]Prismatic Crystal;[talent:7/3]Arcane Orb
/target Prismatic Crystal

There are a few ways I would like to modify it, if possible

1. Unforunately, I quickly learned that "/target Prismatic Crystal" applies to ANY prismatic crystal. Since then I've been using /targetlasttarget, but overall being able to directly target my own prismatic crystal is ideal (for being able to switch between boss/crystal for instances where you get mark on boss, targetlasttarget works too but just preference really if possible). Targetlasttarget also becomes annoying when using Arcane Orb, as I'm not sure if there is a way to link it only to Prismatic Crystal

2. Is it possible to split this macro so that the "stopmacro [channeling:Arcane Missiles]" applies only to Arcane Orb and not Prismatic Crystal? I'm huge on pressing my abilities like crazy which is why the stopmacro is a must for Arcane Orb, but not being able to line up Prismatic Crystal to place until Missiles has finished casting is a bit of a pain.

Overall I'm just looking to satisfy these two conditions while being able to keep it all on one macro that changes depending on which talent is selected (ex. [nochanneling] when AO is selected, /targetlasttarget or target my own PC if PC is selected).

I'm not too good with macros and any help would be appreciated! Not really sure if it's even possible to make this macro but worst case scenario I can just split it into two separate ones :)
Chev
Global Moderator

Re: Need help w/ complicated macro

Unread postby Chev Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:15 am

I'm not qt home to test my self but have you tried using modifiers such as shift, alt or ctrl? This takes a bit of extra thinking about so my help to rule out the accidental clicks.

Also, will the talent modifiers work with targeting as well?
Wombocombo

Unread postby Wombocombo Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:53 pm

I'm not really sure what you mean, we might be on different pages here lol. I'm mainly just trying to make a talent modifier macro where if arcane orb is selected it's a [nochanneling] macro, and where if PC is selected it has the /target prismatic crystal or /targetlasttarget quality to it. I'm not sure if this it's possible though to have these properties (nochanneling with orb, target with PC) exclusive depending which talent is selected in one macro
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:33 am

Isn't Prismatic crystal targeted automatical?
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:00 am

It is but I working on the assumption the OP wants to use the same button for target switching with MoD and so on.
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:16 pm

It reply to #1.
For #2, you can't add condition but I think that you can add [talent:7/3] to the /stopmacro as it's the purpose of this option.
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?

Return to “Addons, Macros, UI and technical issues”