Kindling WeakAura

Note that these are only related to World of Warcraft! Posts regarding different games or software will be removed.
raweon

Kindling WeakAura

Unread postby raweon Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:42 pm

Moderator note: moved to Addons, UI, macros and technical issues.

Made a WeakAura which is supposed to show the approx time until next Combustion with Kindling.
Maybe some people could playtest it and report how accurate it is?
http://pastebin.com/DqRf13Pa" target="_blank
Curnivore

Re: Kindling WeakAura

Unread postby Curnivore Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:02 am

You might want to test it with lua errors on because it tries to do a calculation with a null value on import. What is the exact mathematical logic of what you are trying to do? That way someone may comment without having to play with it.
Vagar

Unread postby Vagar Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:56 am

Interesting aura. In the custom text function of the "Combustion Kindling" icon, use (crit_count or 0) instead of just crit_count, so it doesn't throw tons of errors when crit_count is nil. Other than that, the aura seems to work fine.

About accuracy, i feel like it jumps a lot. I haven't looked into the actual logic much, but I think 2 min is too short to get a prediction that doesn't wildly jump at every crit(-sequence).
raweon

Unread postby raweon Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:54 pm

Hi, made the variable declaration in Action onInit so there should be no lua error for nil anymore.
Moreover the wa will now ignore every crit while Combustion is up because the 100% crit timeframe falsefies the crits per second, i achieved better results like this.
The accuracy is crap at the beginning (the timeframe is just to small to get a goot average crit per second) but gets useful after ~45sec combat and is quite good for the third+ combustion, atleast for me.

What does the WA?
Combustion 120s cd, and every second one second is removed. With kindling every crit also removes one second. Lets say you have 1 crit per second average (unlikely) then the cd of combustion is reduced at average by 1second (normal) + 1second (through crits) each second. The remaining cd is then cd/(1+1)
The WA counts every crit of fireball, fire blast and pyroblast and divides this by the time in combat, giving you the average crits per second you did (very inaccurate for small timeframes). Then the remaining cd of combustion is divided by your crits per second + 1 (normal cd drain).

"New" WA
http://pastebin.com/drz05ArZ" target="_blank

The accuracy for the second combustion could be improved by increasing the timeframe at the beginning with static values. I had 1.42 crits per second after 5min, so starting with crit_count = 8 (instead 0) and crit_time = GetTime() - 20, the accuracy was much better at the beginning.

Return to “Addons, Macros, UI and technical issues”