Post your UI here!

Note that these are only related to World of Warcraft! Posts regarding different games or software will be removed.
jade

Re: Post your UI here!

Unread postby jade Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:12 am

(right-click > view Image to see the details!)

I figured I'd post my little addition to the tons of UI's here!

I like pretty designs, but I also needed something that could work in a raid environment since raiding is pretty much all I do in WoW. Soooo...I figured I'd design something custom.

Some Details:

- The starry backgrounds on the chat box and action bars are actually animated. It's a cut-out of the skybox from Eye of Eternity and acts the same graphically with slow moving stars across the pane. It's not distracting at all, but kind of cool when you notice it.

- The purple rune on the left center of my screen tracks the cooldowns shown with a few weakauras I wrote. It also adjusts based on talent choice. The "100" in the middle shows my mana percentage, and the middle circle fills and depletes based on that too. I wrote several other weak auras with animations like 4 purple auras that float over my body based on arcane charges, but I'd have to make a video to show everything off.

- The book ends you see on my action bars are actually off of the official mage crest from Blizzard, but edited for this design both shape and color-wise. I also used a couple brushes from ObsidianDawn.

- This design is made up of many different addons for different things, including but not limited to: Elvui, Bartender4, KG Panels, SharedMedia, Masque, SexyMap, MoveAnything, and WeakAuras. I feel like I'm forgetting something but will update if needed.

- Getting everything to work was a complete bitch.

There are some things I might still work on and change/add to it, but I'm happy for now!
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:49 am

That is a very beautiful UI. Well done, jade.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
Merrillian

Unread postby Merrillian Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:24 am

TohrUI on ElvUI
I cut out everything I didn't really need and replaced the mana bar with Mage Mana Bar. (which is out of date)
The blue bar under the cast bar is a simple health bar.
The combo bar is my Weak Aura for missiles and the pink to the right is my prismatic crystal duration tracker.

Roval

Unread postby Roval Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:28 pm

Would love to steal your UI! Could you possibly upload your settings somewhere for me to download?

Absolutely adore it.

I like pretty designs, but I also needed something that could work in a raid environment since raiding is pretty much all I do in WoW. Soooo...I figured I'd design something custom.

Some Details:

- The starry backgrounds on the chat box and action bars are actually animated. It's a cut-out of the skybox from Eye of Eternity and acts the same graphically with slow moving stars across the pane. It's not distracting at all, but kind of cool when you notice it.

- The purple rune on the left center of my screen tracks the cooldowns shown with a few weakauras I wrote. It also adjusts based on talent choice. The "100" in the middle shows my mana percentage, and the middle circle fills and depletes based on that too. I wrote several other weak auras with animations like 4 purple auras that float over my body based on arcane charges, but I'd have to make a video to show everything off.

- The book ends you see on my action bars are actually off of the official mage crest from Blizzard, but edited for this design both shape and color-wise. I also used a couple brushes from ObsidianDawn.

- This design is made up of many different addons for different things, including but not limited to: Elvui, Bartender4, KG Panels, SharedMedia, Masque, SexyMap, MoveAnything, and WeakAuras. I feel like I'm forgetting something but will update if needed.

There are some things I might still work on and change/add to it, but I'm happy for now!
Roval - Stormrage - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... l/advanced" target="_blank
Espo

Unread postby Espo Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:03 pm

This is my ui so far :)
dSAxHe5.jpg
Myrxx

Unread postby Myrxx Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:51 pm

Lui with WeakAuras. Pretty basic so far.
Hillo

Unread postby Hillo Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:13 am

^mid combat. Enemy cast bar is at top (It's huge)
Well, pretty much redesigned my whole UI because I am changing from healer to dps.
Did this quickly. Probably gonna change something, but I like it so far.

http://i.imgur.com/Ro47PPo.jpg" target="_blank Full size image.
thelema

Unread postby thelema Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:16 pm

Some Details:

Hi. All hats off for your beautiful UI. I am completely new to all this modifications, and would like to know how can I put the spellbook graphics into the UI. I have a modified UI too, and was wondering if I could put a cool graphic behind my action bars...
Phloozy

Unread postby Phloozy Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:23 pm

The only WA i realized I needed was a progress bar for combustion and RoP
Shnuggles

Unread postby Shnuggles Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:52 am

Idk how some of you play with half of your bottom portion of the screen cluttered with shit. o.O dear god.
Here's my UI

Then here's the same UI with my Weak Aura's enabled.

Makz

Unread postby Makz Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:27 pm

Trying to keep the screen clear except for the mid info weakauras/text. Some of the weakauras were posted here I just modified them slightly.

Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Blár

Unread postby Blár Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:21 pm

Screenshot says nothing, so I made a short video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzyZO2_NEp0
Makz

Unread postby Makz Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:23 pm

Screenshots arent popular anymore so I captured a short video (1 min-ish).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Hm1OTvDw0" target="_blank

Raid screenshot:

http://imgur.com/a/8TFFt" target="_blank
Cycobi
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Cycobi Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:44 am

Screenshot says nothing, so I made a short video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzyZO2_NEp0
I appreciate the effort you went to in making a video, but I'm gonna be blunt about your UI (and perhaps a little harsh - apologies in advance)

1) You're using too many fonts, I'm counting 5 or even 6 different fonts in use - try and stick to 1 or 2, it'll make your UI more consistent
2) What is the random Human head in a cute circle showing you? Might look pretty but feels very unnecessary unless it performs a magical function in combat
3) Please put more effort into your Castbar and the general area around it, I know you've put skins on the buttons but they don't look clean considering you're using a square-edged UI. Choose between rounded corners everywhere or squared-off corners everywhere

Lots of potential in the UI though, so kudos for that. I've certainly seen a lot worse.
Screenshots arent popular anymore so I captured a short video (1 min-ish).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Hm1OTvDw0" target="_blank
Raid screenshot:
http://imgur.com/a/8TFFt" target="_blank
Feels very similar to Rinoa's UI - out of interest where did you get it from? Or is it an edit of some ElvUI stuff
Nevertheless, really nice and clean - font's perhaps a bit overused though (admittedly it's nice but I'm just bored of it hey ho); if you know your keybinds off by heart don't have them showing on the bottom bar. Is the consumables bar something that has to be showing?
Makz

Unread postby Makz Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:01 am

I have been using ElvUI for a long time and learned a lot about modifying it. I tend to update it every 6-12 months by going through forums and get inspired. Definetely had some Rinoa inspiration, mostly for WA positioning.

Font is "expressway" - i havent had the time to play around with other fonts, but its also the one that looks good when the text is small scale(so it doesnt get pixelated).

I have used the same keybinds since the spells were first introduced, but for some reason I get nervous when I dont see them :D Consumables bar is because I got tired of clicking in my bags, will probably make it smaller and put it somewhere else.
Cycobi
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Cycobi Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:05 pm

Fair enough; I can definitely see the influence - not that this is a bad thing!

Haha, it's a little unnerving the first time you do it trust me, but honestly it's just something that you have to do, once you realise that you know your keybinds off by heart you gain confidence naturally, and as well as that makes the UI feel less cluttered (believe me).

Regarding the consumables bar - why not just make it show on mouseover? That way you don't have to click on your bags, don't even have to resize it, can just hover over it when it's needed :)
Zonzie

Unread postby Zonzie Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:00 am

Love simple & minimalistic UI's, got a lot of spells bound but hidden.
Skada comes up under minimap when i toggle it, and my floating nameplates tracks LB, that's it.
Beserking, Combustion & Timewarp is part of a dynamic group that also tracks Ice Floes & other buffs.
Dbm comes up under skada, and then when the spells are about to hit, they go between unitframes and actionbars.
arlekino

Unread postby arlekino Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:37 pm

Idk how some of you play with half of your bottom portion of the screen cluttered with shit. o.O dear god.
Here's my UI

Then here's the same UI with my Weak Aura's enabled.

I really like the minimalistic UI. Could you please share it Shnuggles?
Fenomenn

Unread postby Fenomenn Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Link to the photo, the quality of the font on the photo is poor, but it looks good in the original https://imgur.com/fK5f0TT
Last edited by Fenomenn on Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Makz

Unread postby Makz Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:11 pm

Short video of UI for Frost, WAs support TV/GS builds and have a few extra perks! Weakauras are so extensive these days a screenshot is just not enough :)

Return to “Addons, Macros, UI and technical issues”