[FROST] BigBlacial Addon

Note that these are only related to World of Warcraft! Posts regarding different games or software will be removed.
Moyx

[FROST] BigBlacial Addon

Unread postby Moyx Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:38 am

Hello guys, im Moyx and i'm currently working on an amazing addon frost Glacial frost mages. I call it BigGlacial.

I basically want to know, how big my potential Glacial Spike is, which makes me able to consider if its worth to Shimmer + Flurry combo my Glacial Spike which makes him 100% crit (if you hit crit cap 33,3% which i know is not recommended, but playable)

My CombatListener reads my combatlog, catching all frostbolts, their damage multiplying with my mastery rating which gives me Icicle damage. If you add all 5 Icicles together, take your current Spellpower, use the formula for 750% SP Glacial Spike, you have the number of your current Glacial Spike damage.

This is the alpha preview.

You can see 5x Icicle damage with its duration.
First big number is your Glacial Spike damage.
Second big number is your Glacial Spike if you stand on top of Rune of Power.

Glacial counter formula is working on 99,5% (not perfectly precisioned because of versatility)

I've made all of this out of an old addon i found on curse for some previous expansion with kinda different point but same system. I have absolutely no experience with LUA coding, but im a student of IT University so i have some common knowledges, I made the addon works on Legion but there is still alot of work to do which i need help with.

TODO LIST:
+ Correct IcicleInstance management (timers, killing lunched icicle instances etc...)
+ Adjust + manage RoP Glacial windows
+ Add potential glacial Crit window + ROP Glacial Crit windows (optional?)
+ Add options menu (detect/choose traits used, number of traits, 35th trait etc...)
+ Ice Nine proc tracker
+ Black Ice proc tracker (IDK if even possible)
+ Overall addon stability.

I will be grateful for any help, suggestions or a simple comment anybody makes on this post. If you have some LUA experience and you wish to help me, here are some contacts to me:
IGN: Moyx-Drak'Thul (EU)
Discord: Moyx#9623
Free 24/7 discord channel: BigGlacial Addon making
Katsumi

Re: [FROST] BigBlacial Addon

Unread postby Katsumi Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:26 am

You, Sir, I like you.

I'm not experienced enough to help you with building this (yet), but will keep cheering you on from the sidelines. This is awesome.
qqryq

Unread postby qqryq Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:21 pm

where is download link ?
Moyx

Unread postby Moyx Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:33 am

where is download link ?
My dear, this is alpha preview. I'm currently stuck at points i mentioned in TODO part. When it will be done, first ill test it myself + ill ask top world glacial mages to test it out. If it will be ok, ill release it on curse.
Garlic

Unread postby Garlic Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:31 am

I love the GS build, any chance this addon will be release anytime soon? Please? :)
Moyx

Unread postby Moyx Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Since GS is going to be the best spec in 7.2.5 i wish you all other mages could help me find someone who can understand and write some lua codes to help me finish the addon. If i stay alone it wont be finished before 1.8.2017
skeletonpoop

Unread postby skeletonpoop Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:47 am

sorry i dont know how to do anything. but i would like to say that this would be extremely helpful, especially i think in deciding whether its forth it to hold flurry at 3/5 icicle or not
kickassZA

Unread postby kickassZA Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:52 pm

The revival of this made me so sad. Cause I thought it was good to go.

Just note if you can get this to work you'll have to worry about "Black Ice" which I don't think there are anyways to track it. Which I would really much like to track. So if you figure out. Halla at me please.

Return to “Addons, Macros, UI and technical issues”