[WA] Double Ice Lance Weakaura

Note that these are only related to World of Warcraft! Posts regarding different games or software will be removed.
Pyroni

[WA] Double Ice Lance Weakaura

Unread postby Pyroni Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:41 am

Hey guys,

I wrote this weakaura about double ILing https://wago.io/417IHpOAG.

It keeps track of your haste and distance to your target. Returns 3 situations depending on that values:

1. Not enough haste for Dance and Melee Range -> just do normal rotation
2. Enough haste for the Icy Veins Dance -> Do the dance!
3. Enough haste for melee double IL -> get close and do flurry double IL

There is also an colored indicator on the range for the different situations. If the range indicator is green it should be a guaranteed double IL, in yellow it's not guranteed but actually you should be able to hit and in red it shouldn't be able to hit double IL.

I used the haste values from https://www.altered-time.com/forum/view ... f=5&t=3857 to set the haste required to pull double IL off.

I realy need some feedback on this to improve it even more.

EDIT: You should set the input lag to a working amount for yourself, the WA won't provide that ;)
Pyroni

Re: [WA] Double Ice Lance Weakaura

Unread postby Pyroni Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:50 am

Updated it, has some new awesome features :)
Sabrii

Unread postby Sabrii Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:34 pm

Bro...this is awesome. Im at work right now but cant wait to test this out. I just transitioned from DK to Mage for TOS and am trying to learn how to double IL even though it may change in 7.2.5. Ill let you know how I feel about it this weekend.
Taelon

Unread postby Taelon Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:42 pm

thanks i will try it out
Snobby

Unread postby Snobby Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:54 pm

This works pretty well, nice creation! I have two comments.

First I think it would be cool if I could control which thresholds are tested. For example, I tend to prefer to keep my shimmers in case I need them so I would like to remove the shimmer and shimmer+run thresholds from showing. This isn't a super big deal since I can just ignore the playstyles.

The bigger deal and kind of a major showstopper for me is enabling this weakaura causes a massive performance hit with respect to fps. Just sitting in the order hall, enabling the weakaura and reloading UI causes almost a 40 FPS loss for me from not having the aura group enabled. I tested this with only weakauras enabled (No other addons) and with no other weakauras. Maybe you could throttle the updates somehow so its not so punishing?
Pyroni

Unread postby Pyroni Mon May 01, 2017 4:33 pm

Well I have to look over that, I might be able to make it perform better.
I will also try to include some kind of config WA into the group so you can configure what kind of playstyles you want to see.

Other ppl in the discord suggested me to add some kind of hit indicator and also changes for fights like krosus or other bosses with a big hitbox.. I will keep you guys up to date :)

BTW: I posted a video about the WA on YT: https://youtu.be/i1WyyeKDVtY
swifsnif

Unread postby swifsnif Mon May 08, 2017 3:00 pm

Thank you for this amazing wa, being new to mage I always lacked the knowledge to double lance. Tho it may be a bit late to learn it my guild is still progressing in mythic. This sure helped on krosus and tich kills. I have a question about the text on the weakaura, I was kinder hoping you could either say which lines to delete in the code to remove the 'haste needed for' ect. I just want the simple colour coded box with yards and the combo in text shimmer lance ect. Any help on this would be great. https://gyazo.com/1ff42b079c4dcf1e87d74c5a030472e0" target="_blank I was gonna delete the line aura_env.hasteText = but I have no experiance in code so was hoping you could guide me.

Return to “Addons, Macros, UI and technical issues”