I hate DBM :-(

Note that these are only related to World of Warcraft! Posts regarding different games or software will be removed.
Yllasera

I hate DBM :-(

Unread postby Yllasera Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi folks,

As the title says, I really hate DBM, especially the sounds which I can't seem to be able to turn off. It's super distracting, takes ages to set up for each fight, and in general I feel it does a lot more harm than good (I play the game with sounds and am perfectly able to identify imminent boss mechanics by boss audio and other in-game effects).

The only thing I really need it for is the pull timer. (Can't believe that's still not a feature in-game, tbh).

So, my questions are:
1. ) As a (Frost) mage, is there any specific warning etc. that you find particularly useful in DBM and would recommend to turn on?
2.) Do you know of an addon that does nothing but the pull timer and works with DBM? (E.g. if my MT uses DBM to start the timer, this other addon would see it).

Thanks!
Syana

Re: I hate DBM :-(

Unread postby Syana Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:25 pm

Have you tried BigWigs? I prefer it over DBM as I feel it is less in your face, but it still has the same functionality.
Yllasera

Unread postby Yllasera Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:38 pm

Have you tried BigWigs? I prefer it over DBM as I feel it is less in your face, but it still has the same functionality.
I will check it out, thank you. Do you happen to know if there's an option to mute all sounds in it? Or even to turn off everything but the pull timer?
Syana

Unread postby Syana Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:29 pm

I will check it out, thank you. Do you happen to know if there's an option to mute all sounds in it? Or even to turn off everything but the pull timer?
Sounds you can definitely turn off, and I think messages/warnings as well. But I doubt you can turn of the actual timers since that is the basis for the addon.
lopstar

Unread postby lopstar Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:00 pm

What is the meaning of having a Boss addon, if you don't want any of its features?
Yllasera

Unread postby Yllasera Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:25 pm

What is the meaning of having a Boss addon, if you don't want any of its features?
The only thing I really need it for is the pull timer.
nirdana

Unread postby nirdana Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:58 pm

If you load only DBM core part of the addon in your addon list, there wont be any timers. (every raid tier (xpac) has its own subaddon)
From my experience with DBM core only it only played the pulltimer sound. No timers, no warnings.

(I used it cause of pvp timers but had to use DBM core as well. For raiding, obviously, i was using BW, resulting in double counting.... try set one pull timer to different language :D)
Yllasera

Unread postby Yllasera Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:47 am

If you load only DBM core part of the addon in your addon list, there wont be any timers. (every raid tier (xpac) has its own subaddon)
From my experience with DBM core only it only played the pulltimer sound. No timers, no warnings.
Aaaaah, bliss... that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!
Wraithwan

Unread postby Wraithwan Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:59 am

BigWigs is definitely a cleaner add on.

Return to “Addons, Macros, UI and technical issues”