Arcane Instability (4 Set) Munching

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Xzaar

Re: Arcane Instability (4 Set) Munching

Unread postby Xzaar Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:29 pm

From the comments I read in this topic it seems like it's much harder to reproduce with the no channelling macro. Shouldn't we be using that macro anyway? That's what I use and I've never seen that problem myself.
Babsy

Unread postby Babsy Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:30 pm

From the comments I read in this topic it seems like it's much harder to reproduce with the no channelling macro. Shouldn't we be using that macro anyway? That's what I use and I've never seen that problem myself.
I have never personally liked the no channel macro's. They disallow spell queuing (spelling?) and my overall rotation feels much more clunky and slow. That being said I have kicked the habit of mashing my buttons and am generally pretty good at not clipping missiles. The other thing is, for me, I haven't seen any Missiles clipping while in raids and haven't been able to reproduce it at all for a couple days now.
Stressball

Unread postby Stressball Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:19 am

The other thing is, for me, I haven't seen any Missiles clipping while in raids and haven't been able to reproduce it at all for a couple days now.
I still reproduce this very easily. Though I am noticing that I get 6 missile ticks on my second cast when chaining. Is there something I'm not thinking of that would cause this? The cast time of the two still adds up to double the cast time of two solo casts, so this seems like a bug to me.

I tested this with the 100% MS buff from FFR in my garrison to see if maybe the combatlog was just missing the multistrike tag on a multistrike hit, and with two casts I got 11 AM ticks and 22 MS ticks.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:27 am

I tested this with the 100% MS buff from FFR in my garrison to see if maybe the combatlog was just missing the multistrike tag on a multistrike hit, and with two casts I got 11 AM ticks and 22 MS ticks.
11 AM ticks?! This sounds serious.

I heard they already know about the 4T17 bug, but it's tricky to fix because of the channeling nature of AM. Hopefully they'll get it done at some point.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Boomop

Unread postby Boomop Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:49 am

Kinda sounds like people are combining issues. From messing around with this I saw 2 different things going on:

1) An order of operations issue.
2) A bug where the proc (AI) is being lost.

Ex 1. You can have Arcane Insanity proc on the same hit it is generated and the AM cast on that same GCD get the extra missiles. An example would be casting AB into an AM. That AB procs AI and is immediately applied to the AM.

Ex 2. You can also have the exact same thing happen and NOT get the extra missiles. This is the main bug.

They both look exactly the same. If all you are looking at is the buff popping up and being immediately consumed, you cannot tell if it has truly munched the proc. You actually have to count missile hits (and NOT include Multistrikes) to see whether or not AI was actually munched.

I did notice that this bug happens much more frequently when building AM stacks without generating Arcane Charges first like the OP was doing. No idea why this is the case. Within a normal rotation, it more frequently retroactively applies AI to the cast. While it's rarer to munch AI procs in normal rotation, it still happens.

What seems weird to me is that there are two different outcomes for the exact same circumstances. If I had to guess its weird interaction with the code that was implemented to prevent AI from chaining onto a 2nd AM (like it was doing in Beta. As was the Fire PVP 2pc).
Stressball

Unread postby Stressball Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:55 pm

If I'm understanding you correctly it's not really the same GCD because it's not the same hit. If you generate the proc with AB and then immediately use it with an AM that you queued, the GCD from AB was already well over by the time you started AM. It's sort of the same as fishing for AM before you dump charges with ABr. If AM happens to proc and your latency is low enough you cast seamlessly.

I agree it does seem like an order of operations issue, but I still have only seen it when chaining AMs, I have never been able to reproduce this by generating the proc with AB and then immediately consuming it with AM. I always get the 5 extra ticks in that case.

Does nobody else get the extra tick that seems to be completely unrelated? I'm certainly not going to complain, but it seems like a bug to me. Nothing to do with 4 piece at all, unless maybe it was caused by some fix they attempted that failed.

Return to “Arcane”