Precast ABarrage instead of AB?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
swoon

Re: Precast ABarrage instead of AB?

Unread postby swoon Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:24 pm

Does that actually work?
Azo

Unread postby Azo Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:39 am

Does that actually work?
Fruit basket proc trinket and have travel time.
kasthor

Unread postby kasthor Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:09 pm

But it aggros the boss right ? So why use this instead of doing some damages with ABarrage, does it travel slower ?
Killberry

Unread postby Killberry Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:35 pm

Because you'll still cast Arcane Blast.
gameorg

Unread postby gameorg Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:56 pm

Warlocks have the benefit of also getting Set Procs out of this method (atleast thats what a guildmates told me). But since this also works in our favour of proccing the second row of trinkets during our PC i will give it a try in the next raid.
Last edited by gameorg on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azo

Unread postby Azo Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:57 am

But it aggros the boss right ? So why use this instead of doing some damages with ABarrage, does it travel slower ?
You'll enter combat when using the item but won't engage boss until it hits, when it hit you "re-enter" combat and time since last proc is set to 2 minutes.
kasthor

Unread postby kasthor Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:58 am

Because you'll still cast Arcane Blast.
Oh ! My bad, i didn't know that fruit basket doesn't trigger gcd (i could have guessed it because the macro wouldn't work otherwise ^^)
Thanks for the tip, will have to test it !
Unclechicken

Unread postby Unclechicken Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:36 pm

Testing the Fruit Basket on a target dummy, it procs trinkets upon projectile contact, not the initial cast. Is this behavior different from bosses?
gameorg

Unread postby gameorg Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:25 pm

Testing the Fruit Basket on a target dummy, it procs trinkets upon projectile contact, not the initial cast. Is this behavior different from bosses?
No it still works. Keep in mind, that once procced, trinkets will have a reset time of 120 sec. So if u leave combat and make another attempt, it simple could be that your trinkets are still on a big CD on your next attempt. The proc you see on impact is the usual one after the reset of the timer.
Stressball

Unread postby Stressball Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:47 pm

The Fruit Basket doesn't have a range of 40 yards, seems more like 30, so you can't be max range with it. Shouldn't really matter much, but FYI.

I also noticed that if using ABr for this you need to cast something else right after it (before the missile hits the boss) for the trinkets to proc. I was able to use Berserking or just a potion, but simply casting ABr and then going straight to AB didn't work for me. Anyone else see this behavior?
Trustbucket

Unread postby Trustbucket Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:47 pm

Why would you want your trinkets to proc earlier? If anything you want it to proc delayed so you have more guaranteed time with the procs during PC or just simply at 4 stacks. ABarr also does so little damage I don't see why you want to get an extra one off at the cost of losing a global at the start of the fight, unless I'm misunderstanding something.
TLTeo

Unread postby TLTeo Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:19 am

Because if they proc right before the entire raid enters the fight, their chance to proc is reset, giving you back to back procs on the pull: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGaQFlH13dE" target="_blank
gameorg

Unread postby gameorg Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:26 pm

yes and the proc rate is 100% on boss fights. You literally have guaranteed 20 sec of double trinket procs at the fight start. It is working really great.

Just make sure you use pot before basket, otherwise pot gets a fight cd.
lve2raft

Unread postby lve2raft Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:10 am

Is this legit? Seems like hax --- any confirmation of actually working? Can someone type out what the macros would be and for fire too?
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:29 am

Wouldn't this only work if you're the only one attempting this? If 2 or more players are trying to do something like this, it might cause some chaos.
swoon

Unread postby swoon Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:33 am

I can get it to consistently work with arcane and fire, you sometimes pull a little bit early so I wouldn't recommend it if you're going to get yelled at.

~Precasting arcane bar/pyro, haven't tried basket
gameorg

Unread postby gameorg Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:22 pm

Is this legit? Seems like hax --- any confirmation of actually working? Can someone type out what the macros would be and for fire too?
Doesnt seem you have understood how this actually work. Fire doesnt need to use any macro, since a well timed pyroblast will preprocc trinkets (they proc when the pyroblast goes off and reset when combat starts). Arcane cant use that mechanic, since ablast doesnt fly. However, we now have too options for it, use abarr (which changes our opening rotation but might still be a dps increase cause of double trinkets --- no sims yet) or use fruit basket with an ablast macro (check page 1), which is definetely a huge dps increase. Once more, since this mechanic is in the game naturally, i wouldnt wonder about it, might not be intended to work with fruit basket, but is working with all range projectives.

PS: Pulling too early is no issue, you could also start your macro at 1~ sec and will get the benefit of preproccs. The travel time of basket is something between 1.5-2 sec, and i had no complaints yet about pulling too early by using pot+basket+ablast at 2.0 sec.
swoon

Unread postby swoon Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:49 pm

Why does it change our rotation? We don't barrage in the opener regardless and the cooldown is short.

We simply lose 1 arcane blast for the gain of double trinkets, it doesn't delay us getting 4 stacks in the opener by very much at all and the double trinkets are CERTAINLY worth it.

~And if you max max range it you can get the start of a arcane blast going as well.
Searix

Unread postby Searix Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:12 pm

So if im understanding this anyone with RPPM trinkets should be using fruit baskets prepull (even melee?) if it procs their trinket?

Also if you're doing this as fire the time is rather tight (after you cast pyro but before it hits boss), should we pretty much always use fruit basket then?
TLTeo

Unread postby TLTeo Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:13 pm

You should use anything that has a flight time, for fire (and most other casters) pyro/whatever main nuke they use it's fine. Arcane is unique in the sense that the main nuke doesn't have any travel time, which is why some people are suggesting opening with Abar

Return to “Arcane”