Precast ABarrage instead of AB?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
gameorg

Re: Precast ABarrage instead of AB?

Unread postby gameorg Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:18 pm

20 second sims are a really, really bad metric. As Fire, your Combustion hasn't even runs its full duration yet, because it takes more than 10 seconds to set up your first Combustion. This of course, gets shortened a lot with haste and crit trinket procs. Ability usages aren't comparable anymore. Mana level changes, lasting DOTs, timers, all of which are way off. Arcane suddenly realizes that it should do nothing but full burn, ignoring all mana constraints, due to a short predicted end of fight. Arcane Orb becomes a strong candidate simply because you don't need to spend those first 5 seconds casting low charge Arcane Blasts.

There are ways to compare the effects of 20 second trinkets in sims. This is not one of them.
Thanks alot for the feedback. I removed the pictures for now to not confused anyone with false data. i kinda knew i should contact you before publishing them.
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:24 pm

It needs to be a cast directed to the boss i think. Spamming AE outside of combat never procced anything
Blink has a tendency of proccing stuff. Sometimes even conjure food
Killberry

Unread postby Killberry Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:11 am

Once again, dont focus an small samples. Among a large amount of tries, you will see a balance in procs. Simcraft doesnt do anything different than that. Increase sample size to minimize randomness.
This were just examples I gave. You can go and check 200 logs, but what's the point? RNG still exists when it comes to trinket procs, and quiet often in my experience.
Nice find on the variance. Its quite interesting that a lucky Fire mage can already pull ahead of Arcane single target.
Yes. On Oregorger fire is actually top parse.
Hotti

Unread postby Hotti Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:51 am

I thought a bit about the Fruit Basket nerf and figured the g91-lanshark may work, so i tried a bit on the dummys, since i didnt have the time to go lfr to try it there yet.

Pot + landshark at 3sec on the pulltimer at ca. 40m range works very well, since you can even cast an AB after you finished casting the landshark. So i have to figure out, if it proccs trinkets on bossfights too. I'll be back with the report.
bluebookmark

Unread postby bluebookmark Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:51 am

Hmm I'll be trying this out tonight as well. I'm also thinking of using a wand macro to see if it works as a suitable alternative.
Carwey

Unread postby Carwey Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:36 am

Fruit basket still works. Wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard didn't actually know that the Basket itself doesn't proc trinkets but the combat it puts you into does.
Frostfeierqt

Unread postby Frostfeierqt Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:32 pm

Fruit basket still works. Wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard didn't actually know that the Basket itself doesn't proc trinkets but the combat it puts you into does.
Am I stupid? This means that the Fruit basket doesn't work anymore, right?
Lammer

Unread postby Lammer Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:33 pm

Patch 6.1.2 Hotfixes - April 6
Fruit Basket should no longer incorrectly have a chance to trigger trinket effects.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/18486735?page=1#1" target="_blank

but it still worked, according to my logs. 5 minutes till the end of 6th of April:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/F2 ... ity=177046" target="_blank
Frostfeierqt

Unread postby Frostfeierqt Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:14 pm

I tested this myself on dummies but it doesn't proc for me since the hotfix.
Bashlow

Unread postby Bashlow Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:59 pm

my trinkets procc in this very second on a dummy with fruit basket, on basket use, not on hitting the dummy, so everythings still working? -.-
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:03 pm

Just wanted to warn everyone that testing this on dummies is nonsense. Dummies don't provide the boss encounter RPPM reset. If you're going to test it, go to some old raid instance and pull a boss more than a dozen times, checking if you get double trinkets in more than half the cases.

Also, hotfixes aren't necessarily active yet. Might want to check it in a day or two.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
gameorg

Unread postby gameorg Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:55 pm

Fruit basket didnt work for me on 3 arcane bosses. Preproccing still working with spells.
bluebookmark

Unread postby bluebookmark Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:56 am

Landsharks work beautifully, you do lose a second of prepot but you regain your full 40 yd range plus the 4k extra damage from the rocket makes up for it.

Even if the Fruit Basket works I'll probably keep with the landshark, the 30yd range was a pain at times.
Atraac

Unread postby Atraac Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:18 am

I'd prefer to just use ABarr which works just fine(!) rather than loose extra potion during a fight.

@Down
Oh, then sorry, yea I misunderstood that.
Last edited by Atraac on Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
adrift

Unread postby adrift Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:58 pm

You misunderstood him, you don't lose your second potion. You just lose 1-2 seconds of your pre-pot since you are using it a little bit earlier before you use the toy.
Hotti

Unread postby Hotti Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Yup + Landshark even gives you somewhat a bit of dmg :) happy i found this item. But i guess it will be nerfed in the future too.
messyxtrema

Unread postby messyxtrema Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:30 am

Does Landshark still work? I've tried it about 20 times in a row on a old raid boss and it hasn't worked for me yet.
Bashlow

Unread postby Bashlow Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:20 am

Fruit basket still Works :)
Valounette

Unread postby Valounette Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:08 am

I personally just do Arcane Barrage - Arcane torrent (blood elf racial).

Any ogcd ability works to proc the trinkets too. Alter time, Berserking, Ice floes, etc.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:42 pm

Can you guys show some logs of that happening? I've never seen AT/zerking/Ice Floes proccing RPPM trinkets. I also question whether the Fruit Basket works.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!

Return to “Arcane”