Arcane Talent Comparisons, Stat Weights, Racials, Trinkets

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Neopold

Re: Arcane Talent Comparisons, Stat Weights, Racials, Trinke

Unread postby Neopold Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:24 pm

Do you have a number for what is the hardcap on haste during hero + AP with 745 trinket?
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:03 pm

You mean the haste rating needed to reach minimum AB GCD under those conditions?
Neopold

Unread postby Neopold Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:50 am

Ye, like if you have hero, weapon enchant procc, 745 class trinket (or 751 WF class trinket) and AP up, what is the hardcap for haste on AB spam then?
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:24 am

The level of the class trinket has no significance. The hardcap under ToSW is whatever gets you to <=1.2 second casts on AB4. 1.8 (Base AB4) / 1.2 = 1.5, so you need 50% haste from any source.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Psycee

Unread postby Psycee Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:10 pm

Hey,

i have a simple Question. I read a lot of threads in many different forums, but i cant find a 100% answer.
What is the haste cap for Arcane. I read that you want to reach 27% haste that the image from 4pc T18 will hit 1 more time.
I read this thread and read something about 1300 rating and 2100 but i am not sure now what is the breakpoint what i want to reach?
kreeshak

Unread postby kreeshak Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:00 pm

I've done some work at higherhaste ratings, and have with some of what I learned have decided to collapsed my stat priority into one, which should simplify things quite a bit.

Haste 20% (1300rating) > Int > Haste > Mastery=Mult > Crit > Vers

should work for anyone from normal to mythic BiS. Just make sure you read the note I included about stat priorities :)
Hi. I want to use the above in AMR (ask mr robot) website. Can you give scales with int = 1 for the rest of the stats?

like haste = 1.1
int = 1
haste = 0,9
mastery = 0,8
mult = 0,79
crit = 0,7
vers = 0,6

etc?
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:52 pm

No. Read the posts I made originally on haste to see why.
Psycee

Unread postby Psycee Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:53 pm

No one can give a answer at what point it is better to take Mastery food again instead of haste food?
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:55 pm

Go read posts on haste.
Psycee

Unread postby Psycee Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:43 pm

Thx frosted i did i stay on Haste food :) No cap and haste still better then mastery!
Sneww

Unread postby Sneww Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:40 am

With the quicker and quicker kill times we are experiencing, just kind of wanted to bring up a few things.

The tier has been finished for a while now, I'm sure others like me are just clearing it every week with the sole intention of trying to parse as high as possible (without cheesing things or having insane 18 second kills with 16 mages). In regards to that, The stat weights do change significantly as things get quicker.

The shorter a kill time, the more time we spend during bloodlust. Mastery seems to grow in value significantly. Mostly because during the initial opener any additional haste during PC (with lust) is wasted due to AB being gcd capped already.

Any <90 sec fight... I've been glyphing AP, and just conserving during the second half of it after evocation. Pretty much if I will only get to use ring and PC/AP, once, might as well have double the time in AP right? What I'm wondering though, is if it is still worth it to use the glyph on a kill time between 90 sec and 2 min. If we are not going to get a second ring, but there's a chance i might be able to get a second desynced AP/PC.

Thoughts?
Guidancea

Unread postby Guidancea Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:33 pm

What I'm wondering though, is if it is still worth it to use the glyph on a kill time between 90 sec and 2 min. If we are not going to get a second ring, but there's a chance i might be able to get a second desynced AP/PC.
Not having AP for your second crystal with or without ring is a massive loss compared to having double AP in the opener + a second crystal with ToSW
Mage in <W U T> on Shattered-Hand.
twitter.com/smokym8
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:29 pm

That sounds simple to simulate. Just play with different fight lengths. And the glyph.
laguna

Unread postby laguna Mon May 23, 2016 4:15 am

Recently a lot of mages are going all mastery as arcane and keeping their haste around 1600-1800. It is better to go for all mastery now instead of getting that 2100 haste cap?
Zayele

Unread postby Zayele Mon May 23, 2016 4:55 am

Recently a lot of mages are going all mastery as arcane and keeping their haste around 1600-1800. It is better to go for all mastery now instead of getting that 2100 haste cap?
There's no haste cap at 2100; gear to whatever haste levels you get from your personal stat weights. Those mages use mastery gearing due to it having higher value on very fast kills.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Mon May 23, 2016 11:33 am

Generally ignore most top logs right now. They are filled with arcane mages (that are possibly even alts that don't even play that optimally) that do speed kills, they use Bloodlust for a large part of the fight (or the entire fight), and at that point haste is almost useless as an extra stat.

I figured the best way to use logs right now for progress or regular lengths is to just search for logs of good guilds from a few months ago.

Return to “Arcane”