Arcane Timewalking Twinking

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
jjflipped

Arcane Timewalking Twinking

Unread postby jjflipped Fri May 29, 2015 4:39 pm

Timewalking dungeons will most likely be pretty easy, but facerolling them sounds fun.

I got bored and put together a BiS(ish) list for gear/chants/gems that will work for both wotlk and bc.

There might be a few optimizations for bc dungeons, like t6 4-sets, but I doubt it changes much, if any.

Anywho:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing" target="_blank
Wilderness

Re: Arcane Timewalking Twinking

Unread postby Wilderness Fri May 29, 2015 5:15 pm

Wouldn't the legendary cloak be BiS for this?
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
jjflipped

Unread postby jjflipped Fri May 29, 2015 5:52 pm

Ah, yep. Don't have it sadly. Forgot to mention that.
Angelist

Unread postby Angelist Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:53 am

How would you determine which Tier bonus will be the optimal?
Particularly since we could use a combination of 2 different 2 sets if needed.
jjflipped

Unread postby jjflipped Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:11 pm

I actually hadnt considered two different 2-sets. I chose t13 over t16 (these have largest number of sockets) based on remembering not liking the t16 bonus.
Zyrachiel

Unread postby Zyrachiel Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Just spotted this thread and the idea possesed me. Got a lot of work to do until timewalking goes live. :)

A quick glance: as was already mentioned the legendary MoP cloak should definitely be on the BiS list, followed by a helmet suitable to carry the legendary meta gem (any MoP helmet with ilvl 502+). As for tier sets, given how essential sockets are to timewalking, the only real contenders are T13, T15 and T16. The set bonuses on T15 are "meh", so I'd personally count that out right away. T16 has a decent set bonus and the advantage of being MoP for the meta gem, as well as the gloves having two sockets. T14 has, in my opinion, the strongest set bonuses as well as only one socket less than the T16 setup.

I'm still not sure if I'll want to do timewalking as arcane, but even as fire I'll probably go for a 4pcT14+MoP helmet setup.
Allysonna

Unread postby Allysonna Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Timewalking dungeons will most likely be pretty easy, but facerolling them sounds fun.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing" target="_blank

How much of a difference would using the above listed gear set be versus letting the dungeon scale-down our current gear?

I'm trying to figure out if I need to go farm up the old tier gear because most of what is on the above list I vendored or disenchanted a long time ago
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:11 pm

You could sim the two gear sets to see how they compare using the line "scale_to_itemlevel=600" and set the ilvl to what ever you are scaling too.

Im not sure if set bonuses work in the time walking dungeon but I'm pretty sure only the current set bonuses are in SimC so if you are using old sets the bonus will not be contributing to the DPS output, only the stats on the gear.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:59 am

Dragonwrath seems to proc very rarely - much less than the ~10% it used to do. Having 3 sockets is good, but it may not be the best. Have you looked into Nibelung and Ti'tahk?
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
otherbookmarks

Unread postby otherbookmarks Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:19 pm

Do all gems get scaled down to same level? Also DWT does not proc at all in timewalking nor at 100. Legendary meta gem shows proc buff on your character but doesn't actually increase casting speed.
DocileCraig

Unread postby DocileCraig Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:36 pm

Dragonwrath seems to proc very rarely - much less than the ~10% it used to do. Having 3 sockets is good, but it may not be the best. Have you looked into Nibelung and Ti'tahk?
I'm noticing this aswell, I'm thinking I'll hold onto the next Nibelugn I get and give that a shot, although it's missing stats that might cause massive drawbacks. According to WoWhead all three of those weapons have the same spellpower. I'm assuming the BiS timewalking would be between Nibelugn and Dragonwrath as they each have sockets and a proc, although im now wondering about a MoP weapon with the bonus gem slot aswell.

edit : I'm also curious as to what the strongest spec to play in Timewalking would be. Im doubting fire would come to much effect as it stands right now, but im thinking frost might overtake Arcane with faster trash clearing ability.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:47 am

BiS could also be a MoP weapon with a Sha-touched gem in it? Not sure.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
jamesmarcusfan

Unread postby jamesmarcusfan Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:11 pm

BiS could also be a MoP weapon with a Sha-touched gem in it? Not sure.
this.

dont forget you can add an extra socket with eye of the black prince.

the proc on tarecgosa occurs very rarely imo, mb sims say otherwise but I would go with mop weapon that can hold both sha-touched gem and eye of the black prince.
Siars

Unread postby Siars Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:28 pm

So in the opinion of everyone, what's the meta gem that should be used in the helm?
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:55 am

So in the opinion of everyone, what's the meta gem that should be used in the helm?
If you're trying to min/max then I can't imagine anything beats out an MoP helm with the legendary meta, unless they changed how it procs for these events like they appear to have changed Dragonwrath.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Methusula

Unread postby Methusula Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:59 am

My legendary meta procs all the time. I have haste for days with the split t13/t16 ridiculousness I am running.

Return to “Arcane”