Anyone working on a 6.2 guide?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Zelendria

Anyone working on a 6.2 guide?

Unread postby Zelendria Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:35 am

As above really.
I've been keeping track of snippets here and there, but not enough to know how rotations have been affected.
Calo
Global Moderator

Re: Anyone working on a 6.2 guide?

Unread postby Calo Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:41 am

Dutchmagoz stated that he would update his guide in the future. As for shang, i dont know.

If i'm not mistaken rotations are not significantly altered with the exception that you burn deeper with the mage trinket ?

Additionally gear priority alters a bit when you acquire 2P T18
Zelendria

Unread postby Zelendria Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:28 pm

Ah that's good to know as I'd read them in the other threads on here.
Now just to get through this fricking Error 112 so I can actually play :evil:
Pixelexip

Unread postby Pixelexip Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:00 pm

Only if you intend to go SN/ PC but this tier is the tier that many mages Predicted that UM/ OP or SN / OP would beat out other playstyles. That being said stat prior is different now Mast > Multi > Haste=> Crit for SN/ PC and Mast = Haste > Multi > Crit for UM/ OP.
Zelendria

Unread postby Zelendria Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:21 pm

I've only seen stat scaling with tier pieces not talents.
Unstable

Unread postby Unstable Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:42 pm

Can someone explain to my suddenly multistrike is so good for Arcane? I see no synergy with any of our spells or talents.
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:43 pm

I've only seen stat scaling with tier pieces not talents.
Unless otherwise stated, the stats scaling will always be listed for the top performing talent combination and BiS gear and the sim conditions are just about always done for single target, patchwork fights of 450 seconds (7:30 fight).

This is why we always say it is best to sim your self for exact numbers as your gear or talent selection may be different to what was used in the top performing profile or fight conditions may mean other talents perform better. E.g. While haste is important for Arcane in T18 due to set bonuses, traditionally Haste has always been valued more highly in high movement fights because it will mean less casts will be interrupted due to movement or if you do have to move, you are able to recover quicker.
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:46 pm

Can someone explain to my suddenly multistrike is so good for Arcane? I see no synergy with any of our spells or talents.
Your tier pets have a 30% chance to spawn from Arcane Missiles which in turn have a 30% chance to proc from your damaging spells. More multi strikes mean more chances for these events to occur.
Mortiferus

Unread postby Mortiferus Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:32 pm

Your tier pets have a 30% chance to spawn from Arcane Missiles which in turn have a 30% chance to proc from your damaging spells. More multi strikes mean more chances for these events to occur.
Unless something has changed, Multistrikes do not proc Missiles, and Missile Multistrikes do not proc T18 2PC.

To my knowledge, Multistrike is valuable in the BiS profile because of the synergy with the Arcane class trinket—we're getting off more Blasts than ever, although more at lower mana levels, and they hit for harder, making their multi strikes far more potent and frequent.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:25 pm

No. MS events do not summon pets. It's just that everything got bumped up (MS/Crit/Haste) while mastery didn't due to the pets; so relative to all the other stats it looks worse now.
Last edited by Frosted on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:26 pm

Unless something has changed, Multistrikes do not proc Missiles, and Missile Multistrikes do not proc T18 2PC.
This.
To my knowledge, Multistrike is valuable in the BiS profile because of the synergy with the Arcane class trinket—we're getting off more Blasts than ever, although more at lower mana levels, and they hit for harder, making their multi strikes far more potent and frequent.
This, along with pets inheriting our multistrike but not our mastery.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Caimion

Unread postby Caimion Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:32 pm

Mastery itself was also nerfed, which works to bring everything else up.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:41 pm

Dutchmagoz stated that he would update his guide in the future. As for shang, i dont know.

If i'm not mistaken rotations are not significantly altered with the exception that you burn deeper with the mage trinket ?

Additionally gear priority alters a bit when you acquire 2P T18
This is true. I'm currently extremely busy though, so I had to postpone it a bit. HOPEFULLY I'll get it done this weekend.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Shangalar

Unread postby Shangalar Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:33 pm

I swear I'll do it too at some point soon. Work + finishing my Master's thesis + actually playing WoW doesn't leave me much time for extra projects.
supervixen

Unread postby supervixen Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:49 am

Thanks boys! can't wait! :D

Return to “Arcane”