[7.2] Arcane Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Fireblaster

Re: [7.0] Arcane Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendar

Unread postby Fireblaster Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:43 pm

Update: Bough of Corruption only procs once from arcane missiles. Seems pretty bad compared to the 5-man trinkets.
Does it proc on every hit of NT?
Ianarion

Unread postby Ianarion Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:22 pm

Nether Tempest doesn't interact with it at all. Neither application nor ticks proc it.
Jhazz

Unread postby Jhazz Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:30 am

Has anybody compiled a BiS list for EN yet?
Jelizah

Unread postby Jelizah Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:37 am

Hi, i'm new here.

I've red most of your posts and some sites like icyveins or wowhead but i'm still wondering some questions.
Which secondary stats should we max, in real conditions i mean. We've seen that Mastery is not very strong for arcane mages in Legion, but it still provides us mana and mana regen, both are usefull against a raid boss by example.

In fact, most of the sites as Icyveins, WowHead etc... tell that we should max Versatility > Critical Strike > Haste > Mastery and that truly bothers me, is it really OP in real conditions ?
I'm now 849 ilvl, and have build my mage as Mastery > Haste, because i really believe devs wanted us to play Arcane like that.

Thank you, and sorry for my bad english
Samath

Unread postby Samath Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:57 pm

The NT-Quickening trick seems to perform fine in Heroic TEN. Even vs bosses where there are transitions / aoe phases, disrupting the Quickening stacks building.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/1 ... pec=Arcane" target="_blank

Some things I noticed :

- Fights with heavy-aoe add phases like Il'gynoth don't seem to be hindering the viability of this playstyle, thanks to Arcane Explosion spam.
- Same conclusion about Elerethe Renferal. Even with a transition phase, some parses ( here for example ) show a 95%+ uptime of the Quickening buff. I wonder how it is possible. Maybe by keeping a small add alive from the spider phase and a bit of RNG during the transition ? Or more simply, optimal positioning allowing a very fast transition.
- The NT-Q playstyle is optimal against light-movement, constant "target-availability", Patchwerk fights like Nythendra and Ursoc, as expected.
- Top parses players have the Rhonin bracers, synergizing very well with this playstyle, making it the best choice for turret fights, whereas Shard of Exodar seems to be the go-to for all other fights. I personally doubt SoE is better than Rhonin's, and that the bias is due to the current lack of parses.

I wonder if they will nerf it before the Mythic opening.
Unreal

Unread postby Unreal Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:15 pm

Potion of deadly grace and the pepper bufffood are absolutley insane with 100 stacks of quickening. I wonder how much of a dps boost touch of the magi provides with this sort of playstyle.

Tried nt arcane for 3 tries at hc ursoc. Lost my stacks twice, though it was managable once I had a rough idea what to expect from this boss. It's a pain to get stacks up in a short fight like this though, especially because we didn't lust on pull.

I wonder if it'd be favourable to have haste gear for fights where you don't lust on pull.
durrtygoodz

Unread postby durrtygoodz Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:21 am

[quote="Samath"
I wonder if they will nerf it before the Mythic opening.[/quote]

I Believe they'll let it play out a while, Blizzard love to "collect data" before acting. Although I do think it will be broken at some point, 7.1 probably, because they already said in the past they hate these playstyles (scorchweave arcane anyone?)

If left unnerfed this could well be a game changer on mythic ursoc which is 1. big dps check and 2. the 1 fight on mythic where you can absolutely keep stacks up. Maybe "game changer" is a bit dramatic but looking at the current rank 1 parse on heroic I can imagine a few mage alts being dusted off by top guilds if warriors get nerfed. Dunno, hard to tell with such a small sample size but p-sure that rank 1 could have gone far higher.

Anyway on the other fights you can't even think about this. Ilgynoth, you lose stacks coming out of eye room. First boss, one mind control on you = bye bye stacks and that's before I even think about the swarm phase. Spider bitch seems close to impossible but as you said, people find a way. The other fights have shit that maybe fucks you up maybe not but if it does, the pull is over and you just wasted the pull for your guild Dx
Forminasage

Unread postby Forminasage Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:56 am

I've been trying the NT-Q build in heroic, and sometimes it just feels like AM is never proccing and I end up having to use AE so much that by the time the second burn phase comes around, I'm nearly oom.

Is it better to hold on to any AM procs until Q is about to run out, or use them as they come to get to higher stacks quicker?

Also, is this the build that will finally make the Mastery stat viable? (to make sure that we get more ABs off for the double AM proc chance during the conserve phase)
Unreal

Unread postby Unreal Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:38 pm

I usually hold them until q is about to run out, unless I capped on 3x stacks. I'm not really having luck with my arcane missles procs either, checked some parses and there are people that barely used AE 2-4 times or so in a 6+min fight, while still maintaining their q stacks.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/43 ... e&source=7" target="_blank

king_noa

Unread postby king_noa Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:51 pm

I usually hold them until q is about to run out, unless I capped on 3x stacks. I'm not really having luck with my arcane missles procs either, checked some parses and there are people that barely used AE 2-4 times or so in a 6+min fight, while still maintaining their q stacks.

this guy is going this in every Bossfight, can someone explain how?
Touchthis

Unread postby Touchthis Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:20 pm

He is just using AB to refresh instead of AE.
king_noa

Unread postby king_noa Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:23 pm

He is just using AB to refresh instead of AE.
that is for me impossible, i am OOM before the 2nd Arcane Power.
i Usually get 1 AM proc after every 4-5 NT, so i need to cast AB every 2nd Quickening refresh.
Ponkster

Unread postby Ponkster Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:39 am

I don't have time to look through his logs.

I believe we may have to discard the notion of keeping enough mana to burn for arcane power. You should be going into conserve phase as soon as you Evocate and do 1 arcane blast. Make sure to weave as many NTs between AM uses and ABs and the odd arcane explosion and you should never run out of mana.

Trying to keep above 60% is just gonna make you lose stacks. Just hit AB and fish for more procs. If your at 20% mana when arcane comes off CD just wait until Evocate comes off CD, bank AM procs, Evocate then unload to about 60% mana.

When above 80 stacks of quickening your damage is dumb, keep doing the same thing. Shimmer is mega important, shimmer into melee triggers no GCD, use AE, displacement back out.
Forminasage

Unread postby Forminasage Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:53 am

Seems NT-Q Spam build is going to die a much needed death next reset - do we know if the OP is going to be updated soon to reflect this and the other changes in this tuning pass?

Much appreciated!
Frantik

Unread postby Frantik Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:20 am

Seems NT-Q Spam build is going to die a much needed death next reset - do we know if the OP is going to be updated soon to reflect this and the other changes in this tuning pass?

Much appreciated!
Frosted wrote in another thread that he will update all Sims for all specs I think sometime this week
Ubberleet

Unread postby Ubberleet Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:27 am

Much appreciated!
How is it dying a much needed death? It was the only thing making this spec interesting.
Weezdion

Unread postby Weezdion Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:39 pm

Much appreciated!
How is it dying a much needed death? It was the only thing making this spec interesting.
Did you see numbers on that ever?
MagicPat

Unread postby MagicPat Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Just wondering if there are any hard/soft caps to any of the secondary stats, namely Mastery. Sitting on 40% unbuffed and don't want to waste stats :P
Ubberleet

Unread postby Ubberleet Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:43 pm

Much appreciated!
Did you see numbers on that ever?
What do numbers have to do with making something interesting. The sims were there (showing NT spam to be very good) but that doesn't mean that'll be reflected in live. Don't be retarded.
Weezdion

Unread postby Weezdion Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:53 pm

Nothing obviously, but with needed game balance they have much to do so comment about needed death is 100% on place.

Return to “Arcane”