[7.2] Arcane Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Zlimex

Re: [7.2] Arcane Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendar

Unread postby Zlimex Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:07 am

Has anyone simmed the new ToS trinkets yet? Would be great to know what we should aim to get before starting to raid in there. And then I mean simmed with BiS legendaries equipped.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:11 am

You'd probably want shark/owl
Zlimex

Unread postby Zlimex Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:21 pm

I'm guessing the mods of this forumpost will make some sims pretty quick after the patch hits, and I was wondering if you could maybe try simming with BiS legendaries equipped aswell, since most people that are active on this page probably have BiS at this point.

I don't know how to sim stuff on my own, so would be great to see how for example stat weights or trinketchoices would change with BiS legendaries. Anyway if you don't, the normal sims you usually do helps alot aswell. Cheers!
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:19 pm

I'm guessing the mods of this forumpost will make some sims pretty quick after the patch hits, and I was wondering if you could maybe try simming with BiS legendaries equipped aswell, since most people that are active on this page probably have BiS at this point.

I don't know how to sim stuff on my own, so would be great to see how for example stat weights or trinketchoices would change with BiS legendaries. Anyway if you don't, the normal sims you usually do helps alot aswell. Cheers!
Raidbots.com is your best source to sim without needing to know about simcraft or download it on your PC. Just import from armory or use the simcraft addon from wow, paste into the webpage, and let it run the Sims in the background for you and give you stat weights.
Zlimex

Unread postby Zlimex Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:58 pm

The 2 set bonus only last 6 sec now. When did this nerf happen? That's pretty huge nerf
testacular

Unread postby testacular Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:21 pm

The 2 set bonus only last 6 sec now. When did this nerf happen? That's pretty huge nerf
6 sec only? That is ridiculously short time to make any reasonable use of it :(
So its basically down to a free "charged up" talents it seems.
Tipsey

Unread postby Tipsey Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:42 pm

6 seconds is between 4-5 gcd's and if you pre cast MoA and RoP, you can still get a lot of work done in that 6 second window. Much better than a free "charged up" talent.
seoh

Unread postby seoh Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:21 am

I've noticed you can capitalize on it best by moa>rop>barrage>ap+pom when gcd ends.
Vorrum

Unread postby Vorrum Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:11 pm

I have a question about the races. I assume the best one would change as we get better gear right? Like dwarf 2% more crit dmg is more relevant the bigger the crits are since we have more int/mastery. Maybe pandas are better now with the 500 int food buff turning into 1k int?
Thelran

Unread postby Thelran Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Hi everyone
I just simed my char on raidbots (haven't done this in "some" time) and it shows me that haste is the strongest right now (22,79 followed by in 17.82) How can this be? Haste makes me spend my mana faster. I always thought it to be our weak stat.
Jhazz

Unread postby Jhazz Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:29 am

Do you have legendary legs? Kilt turns Mastery from our best to our worst stat, and will make haste extremely valuable. I personally am currently sat at 37% haste and my simcraft is still telling me to get more.
Thelran

Unread postby Thelran Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:22 pm

No, I don't. After going full haste I simed again and haste has fallen behind int, vers and crit again though they are now very close. Mastery is still my worst stat.
davesignal

Unread postby davesignal Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:05 pm

My theory is that, since Simcraft is an infallible WoW-playing robot, haste's value gets inflated a lot. If there's any sort of haste gimmick-- being able to squeeze in one more AB4 during Arcane Power/Rune of Power/whatever-- then Simcraft can pull it off with near 100% reliability, and Simcraft is a lot more adept at mana management than human players who don't have infallible computer brains.

Until somebody develops a way to make Simcraft play like a highly skilled player, rather than a computer executing a highly optimized APL with 100% accuracy, you should probably sanity check the stuff it spits out at you. Theoretically haste is great, but maybe make sure you can handle playing with that much haste/that little mastery.
Thelran

Unread postby Thelran Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:24 pm

It's funny though, that now that kilt did drop mastery is more valuable than haste. Somethings off with that.

Return to “Arcane”