[7.2] Arcane Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Rinoa
Administrator

Re: [7.0] Arcane Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendar

Unread postby Rinoa Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:26 am

Stickied.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
Ianarion

Unread postby Ianarion Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:23 am

Why are Rhonin's Assaulting Armwraps suddenly simming ahead of Mystic Kilt of the Rune Weaver?
Zhelix

Unread postby Zhelix Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:27 am

Yeah, that seems really awkward that Mastery is that low. Logically, Mastery gives a %increase too like vers, and the increased mana and mana regen doubles up as haste since you get more use out of Quickening, so it should be a lot better. Maybe it just has a very bad % per rating.
Sturmcantor

Unread postby Sturmcantor Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:44 am

Why are Rhonin's Assaulting Armwraps suddenly simming ahead of Mystic Kilt of the Rune Weaver?
The implementation in SimC was fixed to line up with their behavior in game. Previously they were modeled as only having a chance to proc on cast of AM, but in reality they proc on each tick.
Ianarion

Unread postby Ianarion Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:11 am

The implementation in SimC was fixed to line up with their behavior in game. Previously they were modeled as only having a chance to proc on cast of AM, but in reality they proc on each tick.
Wow, that's really strong with rule of threes. I wonder how long you can push quickening with tier bonus arcane missile procs and relics.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:02 am

Yeah, that seems really awkward that Mastery is that low. Logically, Mastery gives a %increase too like vers, and the increased mana and mana regen doubles up as haste since you get more use out of Quickening, so it should be a lot better. Maybe it just has a very bad % per rating.
The %dmg on mastery is actually only 1/2 your mastery value - which means it costs double the amount of rating for 1% of %dmg. This is very expensive compared to versatility (vers=400rating/%, mastery=700 rating/% here)
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:16 pm

Added a section in the FAQ covering how to play the NTSpam arcane playstyle, with some DPS comparisons.
Frantik

Unread postby Frantik Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:14 pm

So if all the stars and planets align and you manage to play correclty with quickening it gives 100k more dps ?? :o :shock:
Mythlos

Unread postby Mythlos Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:52 pm

That's....a huge dps increase...

It's still pretty risky though. Not sure if it's a smart idea to use it in progression without a lot of practice.

Thanks for the tip.
Elluminea

Unread postby Elluminea Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:46 pm

Fair warning: this kind of misuse of a spell is exactly the kind of thing that Blizzard tries to avoid. I hope they work harder at improving this spec but I wouldn't get used to the idea of this working for very long.

Out of curiosity, is the instant nature of AE extremely important to the results of keeping up quickening? What does the sim look like if you're trying to be at range and using AB more conscientiously?
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:39 pm

Fair warning: this kind of misuse of a spell is exactly the kind of thing that Blizzard tries to avoid. I hope they work harder at improving this spec but I wouldn't get used to the idea of this working for very long.

Out of curiosity, is the instant nature of AE extremely important to the results of keeping up quickening? What does the sim look like if you're trying to be at range and using AB more conscientiously?
you OOM. The low mana cost and instant cast nature of AE are required.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:01 am

Added TLDR in the FAQ on how to play Arcane now. Need to expand this in a bit to include stuff about double burns.
Maerlim

Unread postby Maerlim Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:21 am

Too bad NT spam will get nerfed. It's fun having different (and potentially very effective) playstyles.
Mythlos

Unread postby Mythlos Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:34 am

It's like warriors using Hamstring during Battle Cry to maximize Tactician procs. One can say it's a clever use of gameplay mechanics, but considering it's not exactly intuitive and the DPS difference is upwards of 100k, I'd say that it's becoming a little sketchy :P
Mythlos

Unread postby Mythlos Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:25 am

So I know the armwraps have a chance to proc per AM hit, but that means you may proc it twice (or more) within the same AM.

Unless the buff stacks or there's a hidden prevention mechanic (and I doubt it) this may be mildly irritating.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:06 am

a little sketchy
Arcane Barrage is unused while the spec is doing the highest DPS in the game. It is clear that the behavior is unintended. One could also derive it intuitively by the fact an AOE spell is machine-gunned to do single target DPS.
Mythlos

Unread postby Mythlos Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:35 pm

Oh I agree. This won't likely stay in the game. If they do remove NT's ability to generate AM procs, then I hope they compensate elsewhere.
Naaldira

Unread postby Naaldira Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:06 pm

What kind of % mana should I be aiming to keep in conserve? Or what % to enter burn with?
Ianarion

Unread postby Ianarion Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:26 pm

Oh I agree. This won't likely stay in the game. If they do remove NT's ability to generate AM procs, then I hope they compensate elsewhere.
Nether Tempest might just get a small cooldown.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:29 pm

What kind of % mana should I be aiming to keep in conserve? Or what % to enter burn with?
The current simulation appears to be dropping slowly to around half mana and then burn. It might sound counter-intuitive compared to what we knew but that is enough mana to use Arcane Power without wasting portions of it and mastery no longer demands high mana. Here is a typical run of the simulation with 1 iteration in terms of mana:

PS. During RoPs between burns one should optimize by spending more mana there

Return to “Arcane”