[7.2] Arcane Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Effia

Re: [7.1.5] Arcane Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legend

Unread postby Effia Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Why does your sim not include Prydaz? That thing simed ahead of my Bracers just through sheer amount of stats on it. This was both being 910, I would assume 940 Neck vs 940 Bracers would simply amplify it.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:35 pm

Updated for this weeks hotfixes.
Timelorde

Unread postby Timelorde Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:48 pm

I have been getting very strange stat weighs favoring vers>crit>haste>mastery. I am currently using the wrists and timewarp ring. Very strange. Running Amp-RoP-Res-Erosion-OP

I also simmed Prydaz over Shard and it would result in a 24k DPS loss.
Attachments
stat weighs.PNG
Stat Weighs after hotfix
stat weighs.PNG (12.53 KiB) Viewed 20576 times
gurudox

Unread postby gurudox Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:12 pm

Has anyone been able to find a use for our 4P (without the hat legendary)?

As of right now for me, 4p increases my dps by 0%. Great concept devs!

I will agree with you - it's a fairly unrewarding set bonus because players only need evocation after AP in most cases anyways. I would like to see reduction also applied to AP, so that we could potentially get more hard burns in our rotation. I suspect the 4pc is even less valuable to players with Kilt/Rhonins/Gravity Spiral. Maybe we should all tweet the devs. 8-)
Thanks Frosted. Wow! Look at that Prydaz placement!
MrGba2z

Unread postby MrGba2z Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:24 pm

Thanks for the great work.

In the trinkets part, is Eyasu's Mulligan 865 ilv?
Kythos

Unread postby Kythos Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:57 am

@Frosted Thank you for all that you do!

My understanding is all these trinkets are at the 900 lvl? feel @MrGba2z has the same question.

happy to see the Aran's Chest Pair show up on 4target+
Also happy Burning Sky is no longer trash. :D (i asked you a week ago, thanks again)
pewpewpewpewpew!
Discord: FlowMage#8037
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/arthas/Kythos
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 am

everything is 905 except if it's impossible to be 905 (dark moon card, alchemist stone)
raszero

Unread postby raszero Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:09 am

Both mastery and crit have gone above intellect now? What happened there? I did a sim today and it put mastery bottom for me...
Jhazz

Unread postby Jhazz Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:24 am

Both mastery and crit have gone above intellect now? What happened there? I did a sim today and it put mastery bottom for me...
Your individual stat weights will depend on which legendaries you have. People with Neck/Chest/Feet/Rings/Trinket will find Mastery is high priority for them.

Conversely, those with Head/Wrists/Waist/Legs will likely find that Mastery isn't worthwhile at all.
seoh

Unread postby seoh Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:36 am

Your individual stat weights will depend on which legendaries you have. People with Neck/Chest/Feet/Rings/Trinket will find Mastery is high priority for them.

Conversely, those with Head/Wrists/Waist/Legs will likely find that Mastery isn't worthwhile at all.

Isn't a huge contributing factor to mastery being so valuable the fact that the profile is wearing a 900 metronome and a 910 whispers?
raszero

Unread postby raszero Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:25 pm

I have ring and feet legendaries so nothing to help with my mana... Not sure why. I have like 35% mastery. This doesn't seem like thread to discuss my specifics though, if there is any I'd happily go there but I did think it noteworthy that 2 stats seem to be above intellect now with seems to be the complete opposite of Blizzards goals for this patch!
Jhazz

Unread postby Jhazz Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:16 pm

I have ring and feet legendaries so nothing to help with my mana... Not sure why. I have like 35% mastery. This doesn't seem like thread to discuss my specifics though, if there is any I'd happily go there but I did think it noteworthy that 2 stats seem to be above intellect now with seems to be the complete opposite of Blizzards goals for this patch!
Maybe you've reach some sort of Mastery soft cap at ~35%.

Personally my stat weights are Intellect=12.77, Versatility=11.73, CritRating=11.53, HasteRating=11.35, MasteryRating=9.77. Intellect reigns supreme for me still.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Isn't a huge contributing factor to mastery being so valuable the fact that the profile is wearing a 900 metronome and a 910 whispers?
Yes. Combining these two trinkets causes a huge spike in mastery value, since they are basically a large haste proc and a large haste multiplier.

These trinkets (specifically, Whispers in the Dark) are also why you see Frost Haste weights DR as you gain more and more, and Fire haste value skyrocket.
Valamar

Unread postby Valamar Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:04 pm

What is "+6_wep_ilvl" on the relics sims ?
Ophelia

Unread postby Ophelia Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:24 pm

Do you guys think we actually need the 4set? Seems like it would mess up our rotation. It might be good with the legendary hat, but it seems pretty useless without it.
loonatiq

Unread postby loonatiq Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:25 am

What is "+6_wep_ilvl" on the relics sims ?
If the difference between relic you have and relic you got is 6ILVL or more (that will go to your weapon not relic's ilvl) then its worth to use it no matter the bonus.
Do you guys think we actually need the 4set? Seems like it would mess up our rotation. It might be good with the legendary hat, but it seems pretty useless without it.
If you take OP your rotation is no longer linked too much with evocation therefore the bonus is "okay". Your 2 piece gives you more AM procs which means more cd reduction which means more mana to burn outside of AP which means profit.
Mythlos

Unread postby Mythlos Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:41 pm

How does it mess up your rotation exactly? Are you speaking from experience or are you just theorizing?

I got the 4pc yesterday and the difference is night and day, even during AoE fights where you least expect it.

You're basically reducing your Evocation cooldown by 20-30 seconds depending on your talents and if you bank 2-3 AM before Evocation for the next cycle.

That's 20-30 seconds where you don't have to enter conserve phase. Considering most fights are not patchwerk, you can basically eliminate conserve phase completely.

On AoE fights where you take Arcane Orb, you can proc more AMs than you normally would on ST due to AE proccing AMs pretty reliably and Arcane Orb providing you with 2-3 AMs per use. You almost have to work to get rid of your mana in time for Evocation.

On M Skorp and the +15 Arcway I ran yesterday, mana management never felt so smooth.
Aya

Unread postby Aya Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi all :)

I made some changes in the rotation to better make use of the second evocation charge with Gravity Spiral and ran some tests with all legendaries available to Arcane. It also produced better results without GS. I used the sample profile "Mage_Arcane_T19M_NH", changed shoulders and legs to the t19 set for a common baseline without risk of droping 4p set bonus. Here are the results I got:

Here is a link to the HTML if anyone wants to look at the details:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2d7vl5n0yf4uc ... .html?dl=0" target="_blank

Thanks for reading and happy blasting! :)
arshadows89

Unread postby arshadows89 Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:57 pm

I am not a expert when it comes to sims, but when looking at evocation intervals when using 4 piece with kilt and using 2 piece with kilt the difference between evocation intervals is only 4 seconds (93 sec with 4 piece, 97 with 2 piece). It seems like the arcane api isn't really using 4 piece effectively. 4 seconds would make sense if you only got 2 arcane missiles off between each evocation, which we know isn't ever going to be the case lol.
Kythos

Unread postby Kythos Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 am

How does it mess up your rotation exactly? Are you speaking from experience or are you just theorizing?

I got the 4pc yesterday and the difference is night and day, even during AoE fights where you least expect it.

You're basically reducing your Evocation cooldown by 20-30 seconds depending on your talents and if you bank 2-3 AM before Evocation for the next cycle.

That's 20-30 seconds where you don't have to enter conserve phase. Considering most fights are not patchwerk, you can basically eliminate conserve phase completely.

On AoE fights where you take Arcane Orb, you can proc more AMs than you normally would on ST due to AE proccing AMs pretty reliably and Arcane Orb providing you with 2-3 AMs per use. You almost have to work to get rid of your mana in time for Evocation.

On M Skorp and the +15 Arcway I ran yesterday, mana management never felt so smooth.
@Mythlos! glad to see you over here too!

I have some many questions, with 4 piece do you feel that OverPowered is more of a mana crutch? I rather enjoy the TF and ORB playstyle, are they more viable?

Also, since AMs reduce EVO, which reduces conserve rotation, do you see AM proc generators like SN and NT coming back for more Evo cdr => more burn??

I can understand AMP, RoP/IF, Resn, ChonoS, ErSN, OP is all about maximizing the burst window and stacking damage % all for that big burst...

got 2 piece last night, looking to test after mythic progression this weekend.
Last edited by Kythos on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pewpewpewpewpew!
Discord: FlowMage#8037
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/arthas/Kythos

Return to “Arcane”