higher burst opener "trick"

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Causese

higher burst opener "trick"

Unread postby Causese Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:36 am

I reported this in beta and haven't tried it yet in raids but it should work there aswell.

You basically talent arcane orb and spam it x4 (or until your raidlead initiates readycheck) and switch to Quickening.

What you gain from this are up to 4x arcane charges on pull.

first arcane charge will start decaying after 35s~ followup arcane charges decay every 5~ seconds (don't know exact numbers)

I don't know how to sim it but it has a huge burst potential. Imagine you start your opener with mark of aluneth into bl+rop+nt -> pop cds -> initial arcane blast that proccs touch of the magi

Downside is that you have to buy respeccing tomes.

Can be fixed easily by simply making arcane charges deplete on talent swap
x1xruex1x

Re: higher burst opener "trick"

Unread postby x1xruex1x Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 pm

It's like tricks that used to work (or still work) like Arcane Familiar. Summon it, then switch the talent and it stays as a buff on you still. Not a fan of this personally tho as it's unreliable, expensive, risky, and can be easily patched. Best to avoid things that can be and are on Blizzard's radar.
~Rue~
User Details:
Spoiler:
Battle Tag: Rue#1731
Character: Felona
Realm: Llane
Faction: Alliance
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:37 pm

This seems like an oversight from the devs. Arcane Orb's 15 second CD used to coincide with the 15 second duration of the Arcane Charge debuff, which meant it would fall off right as AO finishes the CD. With the change to being a resource, they seem to have forgotten about making Arcane Orb unable to stack ACs on its own.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
yarafx1

Unread postby yarafx1 Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:05 pm

I doubt this works and if you're in any kinda progression raid group I highly doubt they're gonna waste 60 secs to let you get charges up. Arcane doesn't really burst that well on opener as it is though.

Also to note passive buffs go away same with hfc tier sets if the are unequipped, like my legendary neck if I put my good neck on the shield goes away instantly.
Vagar

Unread postby Vagar Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:33 pm

If I'm not mistaken, you lose all but one arcane charge when you enter boss combat. So there really is no reason to try and stack them before the pull.
Joban

Unread postby Joban Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:19 pm

If I'm not mistaken, you lose all but one arcane charge when you enter boss combat. So there really is no reason to try and stack them before the pull.
Correct. If you use Charged up, then precast AB before pull, you'll end up with 1 Arcane Charge. Don't see how the OP's strat would work any different.
Causese

Unread postby Causese Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:02 pm

Correct. If you use Charged up, then precast AB before pull, you'll end up with 1 Arcane Charge. Don't see how the OP's strat would work any different.
arcane charge decay timer is reset if you gain/refresh an arcane charge, that's why you want to be using arcane orb instead of charged up.

arcane charges start decaying 35s after your most recent arcane charge gain
20s cd on arcane orb. So there's 13s+ for you to precast/talent swap whatever

But if you're saying that u lose all but 1 because there's some kind of protection that resets your arcane charges on pull then it obviously won't work and mods can delete this thread.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Locked by Causese's request since Arcane Charges reset on pull of raid bosses, similar to all other secondary resources.

Can still be used on dungeon bosses, but not raid bosses.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!

Return to “Arcane”