Bug with 4T16 and Blizzard default AM spell alert

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Komma
Administrator

Bug with 4T16 and Blizzard default AM spell alert

Unread postby Komma Thu May 29, 2014 6:32 pm

Thought I'd get this forum started with something I found!

The default spell alert for "Arcane Missiles!" currently has a bug when used with 4 piece T16 armor.

Many mages have "noticed" that the 4 piece (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=145257) "Arcane Missiles has a 15% chance to not consume Arcane Missiles!.", doesn't seem to proc when you have 2 stacks of "Arcane Missiles!". This isn't true; what's happening is that the buff isn't consumed, but the right side "pink bar" spell alert graphic disappears for some reason. I've attached an image with the spell alert graphic and buff stacks circled in red, to show the issue.

I've reported this bug on the forums (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12880047941), but I don't know any workaround or fix for it at the moment. Here's my weakauras2 string to imitate the behavior of the default spell alert, without the 4T16 bug:

Code: Select all

dmdFeaGljGTjizFckMjvrzUsqZMk3KOCBszNsQ9c7MI9tv1pLidtI63szOccnyQkdNqhKiogPAHe0IjswUQEOGQEQYYiqpx0ePkstLKjljth1fjGUmY1fAJufXMjsTDQcFuc0HP00ee8DbLESu9xIQrtagpvPZlHUfvr1Pv5EcsDibrVwqLplWqhkmluGXsmblq5ciiMgwfwfuyj5KoeBNHXewsPkjZZeONOWEk4Agvrrcl4Brrmtut9xqa9jQ1XUkmjF3Ai)(KDzEokXCnBfuyFZrqHPfD8bfyWGXiVIwtfvbHGX6qHADOWEk4AgvrrcJjVC8jmVLKw6Kyu756HQmgtE54tykYlhFklCIKZjPZNhw(AMsEqVZwmluY3TgsUSlZZrjg)xqa9qHftk8TOHHqSElAymDmJvJsOqToMKVBnKFFYUmphLHemwVfnCjr6TC7XctOX6XKBAYfWvry8PrvGXSMtZYxZafwY2NHct8PKymPArtN8uQBlcgtZEgOW4IIeM4tjXyIpLeJjgDjbgm2vHj57wd53NSlZZrPFF6(9n22dhMjQP(liG(e16yH9QybGA9YLX(gBzcsH5A2kOWIjjV7SzcHyFZrqHPfD8bfyWyXKKNIuhcXsrQdfwEMahHADmTOJpOqToecgmw3zZekS8mboctMKckqWyXKKZwhzyifyWOwqOW0U)BpeI9uW1mQIIegtE54tym5LJpHPiVC8PSWjsoNKoFEy5Rzk5b9oBXSqjF3Ai5YUmphLyxfMKVBnKFFYUmphL(9jOFFJT9WH5TK0sNeJA9qvgZAonlFnduyA2ZafgxuKWeFkjgt8PKymXOljWGX4)ccOhkSysHVfnmeI1BrdJjiwpMCttUaUkcJpnQcR3IgUKi9wU9yHj0ygRgLqHADmjF3Ai)(KDzEokdjyWyH9QybGA9YLXmrn1Fbb0NOwh7BSLjifMRzRGclMK8UZMjeI9nhbfMw0XhuGbJftsEksDielfPouy5zcCeQ1X0Io(Gc16qiyWyDNntOWYZe4imzskOabJftsoBDKHHuGbdgZduRhc6Lbda
Attachments
4T16 Arcane Bug.jpg
4T16 Arcane Bug.jpg (193.75 KiB) Viewed 7425 times
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
voltaa
Staff emeritus

Re: Bug with 4T16 and Blizzard default AM spell alert

Unread postby voltaa Thu May 29, 2014 6:39 pm

Interesting. Having not used the 4 piece since week 3ish this is something I would have never figured out. Good find.
I used to be gud, I used to be best...lol
Cycobi
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Cycobi Thu May 29, 2014 9:47 pm

Yeah the bug's been around for quite some time. IMO you're better off running with your own WeakAura strings anyway as you can edit them to show duration on the buff without having to have buff frames showing, but that's just me.
Hyber

Unread postby Hyber Sat May 31, 2014 7:20 am

Cycobi - I realize your UI has a replacement for the issue using WA to replace the spell alert animation. Mind posting a SS to demonstrate how identical to stock UI it really is?

Been debating replacing it for better snapshot of buff remaining time and implementing your entire UI. Bit weary of utilizing UIs that aren't available on Curse.com though so wanted to use parts of yours. Maybe post on 'show us ui thread' to not steal this great topic.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Sat May 31, 2014 7:40 am

Cycobi - I realize your UI has a replacement for the issue using WA to replace the spell alert animation. Mind posting a SS to demonstrate how identical to stock UI it really is?
The WA string I posted is about as similar as I can get it. The graphic size, positioning, and the pulsing animation are all identical.

I like the idea of changing it to show remaining duration in the way Cycobi mentioned. I'll probably change that for my personal use. On the other hand, It's pretty rare to let missiles expire in a raid.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!

Return to “Arcane”