Arcane Golden Traits 7.2

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Burstov

Arcane Golden Traits 7.2

Unread postby Burstov Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:53 pm

Aluneth's Avarice (Rank 1) (New) Mark of Aluneth restores 15% maximum mana when it detonates.

Time and Space (Rank 1) (New) Arcane Explosion also casts at the last location where you cast Arcane Explosion within the last 6 sec.

I think that Aluneth's Avarice will change our opening rotation a bit - I guess we will want to cast Mark of Aluneth just after our second RoP. So no more precasting it to get dem bursties :(

When it comes to Time and Space, if it makes it live the way it is (and has no built in cooldown) then we will become the new AoE kings up in this B! Or our Arcane Explosion damage will be heavily nerfed to compensate. Either way, the trait is simply broken.

What are your thoughts on the new traits?
Saróx

Re: Arcane Golden Traits 7.2

Unread postby Saróx Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:12 pm

I think that Aluneth's Avarice, will be utilized difirently depending on what legendaries you have. Say you have Head, belt, legs or even bracers, i'd expect Mark, to still be the opening spell, but without any of thoese said legendaries, i think your right that the rotation is gonna change up somewhat.

Time and space im not so worried about, your gonna be able to get out double the amount of AE, sure but that will only bring you up on pair or slightly above what fire is currently capable of sustaining right now. If the boss fight is surrounding alot of movement your also going to have to add a bit of "prediction" into your gameplay, which can be somewhat challenging on bosses. I dont think that Arcane AOE is bad or anything dont get me wrong, i think it's really good, but Fire can sustain it, apply it passivly, whereas arcane is forced to be in the center of the event, and apply it manually.

Last but not least lets not forget that Fire gets even more AOE with their two golden traits, one of them turning PF into AOE, which is making AOE better and Cleave ALOT better, further more they can increase the crit chance of not just themselves, but also 4 nearby raid members (blizzard states that the current tooltip, is due to change, as they dont want people to go into harms way in order to try and control who gets acces to this crit) which Imo is going to be really strong, since so many classes have crit listed so high.

So i dont think Arcane is gonna be top of the charts AOE wise, not now, not in the future, but i think they are subjects to some really decent buffs thats gonna make them far more relevant and fun to play.
DocileCraig

Unread postby DocileCraig Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:03 pm

I think that Aluneth's Avarice will change our opening rotation a bit - I guess we will want to cast Mark of Aluneth just after our second RoP. So no more precasting it to get dem bursties :(
what would make you think that? 4 stack AB costs around 14 % mana theirs no way you're not missing 15% by the time Mark goes off.
Sol

Unread postby Sol Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:17 pm

I wouldn't get too excited about time and space, it's probably gonna be exactly the same to the aftershocks trait in fire which doesn't use a real flame strike as the second flame strike
Lezard_Valeth

Unread postby Lezard_Valeth Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:56 pm

Are these the only new traits? Because I don't see this really making up for my loss of +8% arcane damage that I currently have (and will be higher by the time 7.2 rolls out).
Vaccine

Unread postby Vaccine Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:34 am

They said the weapons would be buffed so that you don't lose any power when losing your % trait.
Kythos

Unread postby Kythos Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:12 pm

pewpewpewpewpew!
Discord: FlowMage#8037
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/arthas/Kythos
Asara

Unread postby Asara Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:59 pm

Aaaaaand its nerfed

Time and Space (Rank 1) Arcane Explosion also casts at the last location where you cast Arcane Explosion within the last 6 sec. When you cast Arcane Explosion, Aluneth will echo the Arcane Explosion for 20% of its damage, at the location of your previous Arcane Explosion cast within 0.

only mage spec that got a nerf, feelsbadman
magerlol

Unread postby magerlol Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:07 am

Its PTR, also even though its a nerf...our AOE is pretty strong right now. I wouldn't fret much.
Ronark

Unread postby Ronark Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:21 am

I'll need to be tested for sure. Ret's is only 10% damage, but at least it happens instantly AND affects single target damage. 6 seconds might be too long of a period, we'll have to wait and see with testing. Maybe 3 seconds (2 GCDs) will be more in the ballpark.
Kythos

Unread postby Kythos Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:53 pm

saw a streamer test on PTR, it appears to currently leave a mark on the ground for up to 6 seconds, if you cast another arcane explosion then a baby one (the echo) goes off at the marked location. Animation looks pretty cool actually.
pewpewpewpewpew!
Discord: FlowMage#8037
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/arthas/Kythos

Return to “Arcane”