Any conversations or sims for optimal AOE?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
deifik

Any conversations or sims for optimal AOE?

Unread postby deifik Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:41 pm

The information I'm looking for is a coorelation between length of fight and the method we use to AOE/cleave.

For example, on Spellblade Aluriel I'm running resonance + overpowered. On the frost/fire/arcane adds I'm generally doing 4-6 AE's followed by a barrage, then rinse and repeat. Less so on the fire because its hard to cleave them with barrage. Either way, I'm doing this to maintain mana while still providing aoe dmg. This is probably not optimal damage, but it allows me to maintain high enough mana to contribute to the rest of the fight.

So, question is, to spam AE, or use barrage + resonance to cleave at certain times. Any info out there?
yarafx1

Re: Any conversations or sims for optimal AOE?

Unread postby yarafx1 Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:31 pm

If you aren't saving a arcane power for the arcane add's you're costing yourself so much overall damage. As during that you spam AE for the entire duration of your AP. Hitting all the adds for a fully charged AE under AP is ridiculous.
deifik

Unread postby deifik Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:11 pm

Well I did use AP to handle the Arcane adds, but I don't usually have AP up for the Frost adds. I think its pretty common knowledge that AP + AE is optimal when that is an option. However, things aren't always dead by the time AP is over, nor do I always have AP up for every aoe situation. I'm not sure saving AP for up to 60 seconds is optimal either.

So in situations where AP+AE isn't an option, what is the optimal way to AOE?
yarafx1

Unread postby yarafx1 Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:30 pm

Well I did use AP to handle the Arcane adds, but I don't usually have AP up for the Frost adds. I think its pretty common knowledge that AP + AE is optimal when that is an option. However, things aren't always dead by the time AP is over, nor do I always have AP up for every aoe situation. I'm not sure saving AP for up to 60 seconds is optimal either.

So in situations where AP+AE isn't an option, what is the optimal way to AOE?
Questions like this are vague are dependent on your build/stats/legend, generally staying 3-6 AE into a Abarrage results in best results for me.
Corpze

Unread postby Corpze Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:21 pm

For example, on Spellblade Aluriel I'm running resonance + overpowered. On the frost/fire/arcane adds I'm generally doing 4-6 AE's followed by a barrage, then rinse and repeat. Less so on the fire because its hard to cleave them with barrage. Either way, I'm doing this to maintain mana while still providing aoe dmg. This is probably not optimal damage, but it allows me to maintain high enough mana to contribute to the rest of the fight.

I've found that you are required to save your AP for arcane adds due to the fact that people lust during the first set. If that's the case you need to be spamming ROP+AP+AE until they're either dead OR you run to 20% mana. At that point you need to do AE x4 + Barrage.

For your Frost adds and any other 4+ mob situation you want to ROP burn AE's for the duration of ROP then simply do a conserve 4AE+Barrage until there are less than 3 targets left.

If you do this correctly and the mobs are placed correctly you can expect 800k+ assuming you have the gear. (95% parse)
arshadows89

Unread postby arshadows89 Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:38 pm

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 689/latest" target="_blank

I ran some sims about 2 weeks a ago and this is what i found out.

2 target cleave
-arcane explosion over arcane blast
-you still pom arcane blast inside arcane power
-use your arcane missle procs

3 target cleave
-arcane explosion and barrage only nothing else

This is all assuming that the adds aren't going to die during ur arcane power. If they adds do die half way into ur arcane power you should save am and pom ab unitll the last half of your arcane power duration and try to get the most arcane explosions in before they die.

Return to “Arcane”