Nighthold tier 4-set

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
ddg121

Re: Nighthold tier 4-set

Unread postby ddg121 Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:03 pm

I got the 4 piece set recently, I was wondering what people who have Gravity Spiral think of having both GS and 4 piece?

My stats are about 35% crit, 16% haste, 26% mastery, 4% vers. I have GS + Rhonin's. From my experience so far, I feel like there is very little benefit of having that 2nd Evo charge, often times in fights with movement mechanics, I find that I rarely get to the point where I've used up both Evos. I'm considering swapping out my GS + tier chest for tier head + Belovir, just for the extra utility a little bit of stats.

Alternatively, I could focus on getting more haste to burn the mana faster. Anyone have thoughts?
StoneDog0055

Unread postby StoneDog0055 Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:10 am

It sounds as though you're having too much of a good thing. With the bracers / 4peice / GS all having mana conserving effects mastery for you will have a lot less value.

I'm rocking the Bracers and a Shard with 25% Mastery and I'm feeling like I have too much. Even on a long fight like Gul'Dan I rarely have to enter into conserve mode with all the movement we have to do during the encounter.

If I was you I'd try to drop my mastery to ~20% and add in one or even two haste effect trinkets. This will allow you to dump your mana more effectively and actually benefit from your gear.
dozlas

Unread postby dozlas Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:46 pm

I got rhonins + gravity spiral and im doing full burn with 0 barrages in almost every boss (but gul'dan, elisande) and i feel like mastery is the best with some cele instead vers
Deckzor

Unread postby Deckzor Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Never will Mastery be better than Crit/Vers.
The thing is with 7.1.5 casting a few barrages in conserve Phase doesnt hurt that much anymore. The most important thing is that you get the max dmg output in your AP/RoP Phase. Thats why Crit/Vers and Haste scale much better.
If you have Legi Head good then you probably have one more Burn Phase but nevertheless you dont make up the dmg from lacking Crit/Vers/Haste with the 2-3 Extra Casts outside of AP/RoP with your mastery.

We have so many fights where we have a lot of 4x AE -> Barrage that i sometimes have problems getting my Evocation of. (With Kilt) But even without Kilt/Bracers i would never go over 30% Mastery.

I have Kilt and Wrist and i play the neck in AoE Fights cause i dont Need the Extra free ABs. I also have the 4 Set but prefer playing better Items on that Slot.

Here my Armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/b ... zor/simple" target="_blank
dozlas

Unread postby dozlas Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:21 am

Never will Mastery be better than Crit/Vers.
The thing is with 7.1.5 casting a few barrages in conserve Phase doesnt hurt that much anymore. The most important thing is that you get the max dmg output in your AP/RoP Phase. Thats why Crit/Vers and Haste scale much better.
If you have Legi Head good then you probably have one more Burn Phase but nevertheless you dont make up the dmg from lacking Crit/Vers/Haste with the 2-3 Extra Casts outside of AP/RoP with your mastery.

We have so many fights where we have a lot of 4x AE -> Barrage that i sometimes have problems getting my Evocation of. (With Kilt) But even without Kilt/Bracers i would never go over 30% Mastery.

I have Kilt and Wrist and i play the neck in AoE Fights cause i dont Need the Extra free ABs. I also have the 4 Set but prefer playing better Items on that Slot.

Here my Armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/b ... zor/simple" target="_blank
The thing is i a never do conserve phase , just some barrages with adds
ddg121

Unread postby ddg121 Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:45 pm

It sounds as though you're having too much of a good thing. With the bracers / 4peice / GS all having mana conserving effects mastery for you will have a lot less value.

I'm rocking the Bracers and a Shard with 25% Mastery and I'm feeling like I have too much. Even on a long fight like Gul'Dan I rarely have to enter into conserve mode with all the movement we have to do during the encounter.

If I was you I'd try to drop my mastery to ~20% and add in one or even two haste effect trinkets. This will allow you to dump your mana more effectively and actually benefit from your gear.
After having another week of testing, I feel like GS + T19 Chest edges out T19 head + Belovir in all fights except Trilliax, Elisande, and Gul'dan, mainly because Arcane Explosion is a big part of the DPS in all the other fights, so having the GS lets me pump out more 4 charge AEs. If I got any other legendary I would probably bench GS for it, Belovir feels pretty weak.

Right now I'm using metronome and stargate for trinkets, as you said I think I should drop some more mastery for other stats, only problem I'm running into is that nighthold is giving me almost all Mastery gear :(

The thing is i a never do conserve phase , just some barrages with adds
I think what he means is that if you dumped some mastery for crit or vers, your OP/RoP phases will hit way harder and more than make up for the damage you lose by having to do a few conserve rotations. Therefore, even though you have a constant burn phase, your dps could be higher if you focused on getting bigger burst phases.

Return to “Arcane”