[Kilt] AB or AE after ABarr

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Gruks

[Kilt] AB or AE after ABarr

Unread postby Gruks Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi.

First of all - this topic assumes that the user has legendary legs. The computations would be for sure much different in other case.

For some time I was wondering - is it better to use AE after ABarr (cause it's faster) or AB (cause it deals more dmg).

I made some calculations in spreadsheet, which i link below. If someone have some other calculations, or see some mistakes in mine, pls say so.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing" target="_blank

TL;DR
You won't have mana before Evo? Use AE FOR SURE.
You will be fine on mana? Use AB, but it's no so big deal.

Longer:

It turned out that using AB is slightly dps increase (around 182dps in 6min fight, 135dps in 8min fight), while using AE is a general mana increase, because 2x(4xAB + ABarr) takes almost the same time as 3x(4xAE + ABarr), so You get 12% more mana in around 15.5 sec.

This 12% will (depending on stats of course) be enough to cast 3 new AB (starting from zero orbs) which is approx 2111dps in 6min fight OR 1577dps in 8min fight.

Conclusion:
2111 >> 182 and 1577 >> 135, so unless You are sure that You are very fine on mana (because You were battle-ressed, did some non-dps-stuff, like taking forgotten cakes at Trilax, etc) it looks like using AE is much better.

Of course there's one more important thing here - so use AE U need to be CLOSE to mob. On some fights (Krosus? Trillax?) this may be problematic, while on some other (Tich? Star?) it shouldnt be a problem.

Those are my thoughts about it. Please share what U think.
Gruks

{edited}
My stats while getting data for spreadsheet:
Intellect 42110
Crit 28.65%
Haste 16.68%
Mastery 33.17%
Versatility 9.28%
Gruks

Re: [Kilt] AB or AE after ABarr

Unread postby Gruks Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Well guys, what are You using after ABarr? AB or AE?
magerlol

Unread postby magerlol Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:05 am

Generally you go AB for ST and AE for 2+ mobs.
Richard397

Unread postby Richard397 Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:12 am

Did you take into account the double chance to proc missiles on Arcane Blast? 1 stack AB is more mana-to-damage efficient than AE, and does twice as much damage and has twice the chance to proc AM. I often find myself using AE at low stacks just because it allows me to reposition, but I think in an ideal scenario AB should be better.
Gruks

Unread postby Gruks Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:08 am

Did you take into account the double chance to proc missiles on Arcane Blast? 1 stack AB is more mana-to-damage efficient than AE, and does twice as much damage and has twice the chance to proc AM. I often find myself using AE at low stacks just because it allows me to reposition, but I think in an ideal scenario AB should be better.
No, i forgot to add into calculations the facts that AB procs AM 2x more often.
Too lazy to add it, but if it's this way then probably AB is better.
But during fight I often do something like 2-3 casts of AE, then AB.
Kythos

Unread postby Kythos Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:26 pm

newer the kilt rotations, just got it last week.

i typically AE if there is more than 2 or requires movement... barrage AE AE and you can re position anywhere with Chrono Shift. Slipstream is always amazing for movement as well.

MY biggest question so far (kilt+shard) Resonance vs Charged up... for Mythic Krosus ... :thinking:
pewpewpewpewpew!
Discord: FlowMage#8037
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/arthas/Kythos
Mage

Unread postby Mage Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:50 pm

Why would you take resonance for Krossus?

Return to “Arcane”