Advice on how to improve dps (Kilt & Spiral)

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Frostbytes

Advice on how to improve dps (Kilt & Spiral)

Unread postby Frostbytes Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:04 pm

As most mages who want to do as much damage as possible, Im no diffrent and I have been fortunate in my 2 legendaries. I got the spiral and kilt. My current gear has given me the stats that im guessing I am a bit high in mastery and prob would need some more crit. crit: 24% hast 14% Mastery 36%

Because after reading some info here and there, I read that I should lower mastery when having mana gaining legendaries. But... :idea:
Would it be an option to build towards a full Arcane blast + Arcane missiles Rotation without using any Arcane Barrage. What amount of mastery would I need to achieve this?

And if going that route would the talent Temporal Flux somethin to (re)concider? 20% faster casting while the build is all focussed on casting Arcane blast sounds like a huge dps increase.

Atm I am aiming to get atleast my 2 set this week. and hopefully getting 4tier around my legendaries ofc.

So any personal advice for me on how to increase my dps is welcome. What for build should I be going for with my 2 legendaries? Does having these 2 legies change anything for my trinkets?

I would <3 to hear from you!

Frosty Out~!

Some of my info:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... tes/simple" target="_blank

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Pd ... amage-done" target="_blank
gurudox

Re: Advice on how to improve dps (Kilt & Spiral)

Unread postby gurudox Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:10 pm

There has been a lot of speculation about the viability of an infinite burn TF build using kilt & spiral together, but nobody here has really had a chance to test it since I don't think anyone talking about it has the two legendaries in question. I would imagine, if it's possible, that you'd also need to have the 4-piece tier bonus to make sure you'll always have an evocation queued up.

I'd be really interested to see what your testing shows, especially once you get the 4-piece bonus.
jimmyo

Unread postby jimmyo Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:47 pm

There has been a lot of speculation about the viability of an infinite burn TF build using kilt & spiral together, but nobody here has really had a chance to test it since I don't think anyone talking about it has the two legendaries in question. I would imagine, if it's possible, that you'd also need to have the 4-piece tier bonus to make sure you'll always have an evocation queued up.

I'd be really interested to see what your testing shows, especially once you get the 4-piece bonus.
I am not even sure Kilt is the best option if you are going full barrageless. You would have to take CU to use the kilt. Bracers + Helm + SN (for AM proc chance) might actually be better mana management if you don't use barrage at all. If Bracers proc twice every 40 secs, you have beaten the kilt there. You will need a lot of mastery regardless to pull it off.

The other problem is that TF is pure ST. Overpowered is better for kost of NH since it can give on demand AoE burst. TF would only be super valuable on Trilliax and Krosus (Maybe Augur mythic depending on how hotfixes change things).
Frostbytes

Unread postby Frostbytes Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:17 pm

thanks for your response

I will keep doing some tests and provide this post with an update when I have my 4 set.
Maybe we can find way's to maximize or maybe its not possible. Atleast then we know ;)

Frostbytes
Mage

Unread postby Mage Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:17 pm

So any personal advice for me on how to increase my dps is welcome. What for build should I be going for with my 2 legendaries? Does having these 2 legies change anything for my trinkets?
If you have spiral, 4set and good mastery, go barageless.
Study this guys armory and logs to see what he's doing http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... der/simple" target="_blank
a0kalittlema0n

Unread postby a0kalittlema0n Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:25 pm

I would say the single easiest thing to boost your DPS by around maybe 100k+ on some fights is to use Arcane Explosion.

You didn't even use it once on a few fights (Botanist Star Augur. and Elisande). 2 times on Chronomatic Anomaly, 11 times on Spellblade (I think I used it like 60 times on that fight). Using it on those fights will SIGNIFICANTLY increase your DPS.

Also using potions 2 times on a fight and at LEAST prepotting on some fights (you missed a lot of pots) will help DPS as well.

Stats are not your "problem" with DPS and neither is your build. BUT I would say drop mastery for haste at this point since you have both Spiral and Kilt. Kilt users sometimes drop to like 22% mastery without other legendaries to help with mana, so you're good to take it off every piece of gear you get essentially.

Also no need to go "barrageless," from my understanding (and maybe I'm wrong, but still) there is not amazing benefit of doing so, you'll do more than fine without trying that. Also I haven't ever found TF to be a big enough DPS increase to use it over OP atm, still working on that ;)

Return to “Arcane”