Queuing spells after arcane missiles

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Forrader

Queuing spells after arcane missiles

Unread postby Forrader Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:45 am

Could please someone advise on mechanics of casting next spell during or after arcane missiles? I noticed that e.g. pushing RoP or PoM during arcane missiles cast can interrupt missiles after 3 projectiles. Should I wait and count always 5 missiles to go out or I am mistaken and missiles always launch 5 projectiles whatever spell you queue after that?
Chiv

Re: Queuing spells after arcane missiles

Unread postby Chiv Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:40 am

You'd want to cast all the possible missiles in that channel. Sometime it is 5 or 7 since you can't tell when Rule of 3s will proc. Heres a helpful macro you can add to help with this habit :

Code: Select all

#showtooltip Arcane Blast /cast [nochanneling: Arcane Missiles] Arcane Blast

Code: Select all

#showtooltip Rune of Power /cast [nochanneling: Arcane Missiles] Rune of Power
If channeling missiles and you hit this macro (AB or RoP), it will not start the cast until Arcane missiles is done casting.

Prob also belongs in Questions topic on the forum.
seoh

Unread postby seoh Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:50 am

You can also use a cast bar addon like Quartz which will show you the channeling ticks. You would just wait until the final one and then use whatever spell
Makz

Unread postby Makz Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:30 am

Tried some arcane couple days ago and felt so nostalgic since I have those nochanneling macros since Illidan in BT :o I would recommend to add the nochanneling part to all your primary skills, except barrage for last second cleave before adds die and you are channeling.

Anyway, be aware those macros are latency sensitive and can make your casts feel very slow if you have 100ish ms.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Forrader

Unread postby Forrader Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Thanks a lot for help. Didn't know about that macroses :)
Tipsey

Unread postby Tipsey Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:49 am

Unless things have changed, I would advise against nochanneling macros. I believe you literally have to wait until the entire channel is done to queue your next spell, which over the course of the fight adds up to a lot of split seconds lost and ultimately yields lower dps.

As a previous poster suggested, get a castbar addon that shows individual ticks of channelled spells (quartz for example) and learn how to manage your rotation properly with this.
Jersh

Unread postby Jersh Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:05 am

I agree about no channeling macros being a slight DPS loss over the course of a fight. I use the Gnosis addon. It shows each missile cast on the bar and shows when you can que up your next spell at the end, without clipping a missile.
Forrader

Unread postby Forrader Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Well, I do it step by step then :-) At first glance nochanneling macros was a dps increase for me just because I didn't realize that arcane missiles are interrupted each time, but I will try with Quartz now. This is good to know what to perfect :-)
Urca

Unread postby Urca Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Wouldnt recommend using that macro, casting becomes weird. Gnosis is the way to go, you even know if you got a rule of 3s proc.
Kythos

Unread postby Kythos Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:20 pm

I personally use Castbars - pretty easy and simple, when casting AB there is a red "wedge" at the end that indicates I can hit my next button, also a small red section at the end of AM.... just wanted to share what works for me. ;P
pewpewpewpewpew!
Discord: FlowMage#8037
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/arthas/Kythos

Return to “Arcane”