Question: Does mastery has cap value?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
muabazalm

Question: Does mastery has cap value?

Unread postby muabazalm Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:22 am

Hello guys, I'm new here please be gentle :lol:
I'm really curious about my recent sim, so this is what happened

Few days ago I want to try arcane mage and let my frozen finger take some rest so I simmed her with low movement mode and got this (I have head and bracer legendaries):

Wow, mastery! So I started to change my gears and start stacking mastery, now I have 9k mastery!
So today I tried to sim her again in my office break time (well I can't play at break time, so I just played with the sim instead :D ), and this is what I got today:

So now I need to add some crits, because somehow its value is better than mastery at this point (9k mastery).

Back to my question, does mastery has cap value?

Thanks for any Arcmages who kind enough to help me :D

PS: Sorry for my bad English (let me know if I can improve my post!)
Everyone is born to be great with their own way
Kelmor

Re: Question: Does mastery has cap value?

Unread postby Kelmor Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:21 am

Well, yes and no, and you can't say a number for it. But lets start with the beginning.

Mastery gives you three things, it boosts your manapool ,your manaregeneration and the bonus from your arcancharges.

When you get benefit from all three, mastery is very strong. But when you reach the point, where your have such a strong manaregeneration, that you don't keep evo on CD because you have mana left, it's the point where you only benefit fom the chargesbonus. From this point on every next statpoint would have been better invested in an other stat. That's the cap. but is has a different value for evey fight depending on the bossabilitys and how often you have to react on them. And manaeg-legendarys like the Kilt also have influences on it.

So when you notice you don't have to go in Conservationphase or you have mana levt when evo is ready again, get rid of some mastery!

Hope you can understand eveything, I'm no native Speaker...
Mana,need Mana.
Doty

Unread postby Doty Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:32 am

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think simcraft ignores the second evocation of the head. So you have to be really careful regarding mastery. It has less value
muabazalm

Unread postby muabazalm Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:45 am

Well, yes and no, and you can't say a number for it. But lets start with the beginning.

Mastery gives you three things, it boosts your manapool ,your manaregeneration and the bonus from your arcancharges.

When you get benefit from all three, mastery is very strong. But when you reach the point, where your have such a strong manaregeneration, that you don't keep evo on CD because you have mana left, it's the point where you only benefit fom the chargesbonus. From this point on every next statpoint would have been better invested in an other stat. That's the cap. but is has a different value for evey fight depending on the bossabilitys and how often you have to react on them. And manaeg-legendarys like the Kilt also have influences on it.

So when you notice you don't have to go in Conservationphase or you have mana levt when evo is ready again, get rid of some mastery!

Hope you can understand eveything, I'm no native Speaker...
Hi Kelmor, thanks for your simple and to the point answer! I really appreciate it.
Everything you said does make sense to me! Yes, I also have 4pc which is reduce the evo cooldown and also the head piece legendary for additional evo, it seems really give a great impact to mana regeneration value from mastery.

Don't worry mate, I'm neither a native speaker so I know how that feels :lol:

Thanks again!
muabazalm

Unread postby muabazalm Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:48 am

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think simcraft ignores the second evocation of the head. So you have to be really careful regarding mastery. It has less value
If that the case, then mastery should have lower value than the sim result right? We need to confirm whether the second evoc is ignored or not.

Thanks for your input Doty!
Doty

Unread postby Doty Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:35 pm

Yes the value should be lower

If you take a look at your simcraft results,go into the action priority list-> sample sequences and look for the gaps between each evocation. You have the 4set bonus, so it should be around 70 seconds. If that is the case simcraft ignores the second evo.

also not a native speaker :)
Dikembe

Unread postby Dikembe Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:59 pm

SimC does have Gravity Spiral implemented properly, i.e., it turns Evocation into a 2-charge spell. If you inspect the Mage module code you can confirm this: https://github.com/simulationcraft/simc ... .cpp#L3983" target="_blank

However, whether the APL provides the best possible results or not is a separate issue. The burn/conserve phase logic is still very general and does not do anything in particular to make use of GS when the player has it equipped.
Forrader

Unread postby Forrader Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:23 am

I play usually with GS and KJ or Shard of Exodar equipped and also inspected some similar Arcane mages. So from my feelycraft you should be most comfortable with 20-24% mastery equipped. Some even recommend less.
Rest of stats: crit ~30%, vers ~10%, haste 18-20%. But don't really sacrifice ilvl to obtain less mastery or more haste, the most important is to execute well your rotations and boss mechanics.

Return to “Arcane”