Cord of Infinity Change

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Pandorika

Cord of Infinity Change

Unread postby Pandorika Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:25 am

SO i am curious how the change to this legendary changes our rotation...i have just for fun got up to 100 stacks of the buff before casting MoA...its nice that the buff doesnt expire or vanish out of combat. Thanks for all your thoughts.
Deckzor

Re: Cord of Infinity Change

Unread postby Deckzor Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:29 am

i think it wont change much.
The only question is if we build up the stacks for AP phase only or do we use MoA on CD.

Using MoA with high stacks in AP would be cool but i think the dmg buff and the new mana gain will make us use MoA on CD.
Kythos

Unread postby Kythos Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:32 pm

agreed.

it may open up AOE with arcane orb?

curious as well...
pewpewpewpewpew!
Discord: FlowMage#8037
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/arthas/Kythos
maynord

Unread postby maynord Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:41 pm

- The legendary is simming well and is very "forgiving", it doesn't require perfect Evocation usage and isn't as RNG dependent as bracers.

- However, playing Arcane without a mana legendary is problematic. If you want to use Cord, I would suggest using it with one of Spiral/Kilt/Rhonin's. I'm not saying it's impossible to perform well without mana leggos, you could easily pull big numbers with Cord/Shard if the stars align, but in a practical sense you have less freedom to control your burst.

- The rotation doesn't really need to change, unless it's possible to hit the buff cap between AP phases, in which case in makes sense to use MoA on CD to make the most of the buff. Otherwise, the most you can do to accommodate the legendary is take Words of Power, but I don't know if it'll make a big difference.

- In relation to the above two points, I would only use MoA on CD (with the new mana return trait) if you don't have a mana legendary already. With a mana legendary it's much easier to control your burn (Spiral) or conserve (Kilt/Wraps) phases, but without either it's harder to apply pressure to priority targets while Evocation is on CD.
judgetv

Unread postby judgetv Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:07 pm

Usually I would stack 3 AM then cast MoA>RoP>3xAM. With cord is it better to 3xAM>MoA>RoP. That way it increases your MoA but you lose damage on your 3 Arcane Missiles. Which is correct in this situation?
Deckzor

Unread postby Deckzor Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:27 pm

definetly MoA>RoP>3xAM
Duturu

Unread postby Duturu Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:42 pm

Usually I would stack 3 AM then cast MoA>RoP>3xAM. With cord is it better to 3xAM>MoA>RoP. That way it increases your MoA but you lose damage on your 3 Arcane Missiles. Which is correct in this situation?
You dont lose damage though, unless you oneshot whatever raidboss you are doing in one evocation. The 3 AM stacks is there for your next MoA.

Return to “Arcane”