Basic question on Sprit and Mana regen

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Borelia

Basic question on Sprit and Mana regen

Unread postby Borelia Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:34 pm

Hi,

I am very new to the mage class and would therefore be very happy if I could get help with a few very basic questions about mana regen. Here we go:

1. How much mana does a mage regen per 1 spirit. I imagine that it is very little since mage guides generally leave this stat out completely. But we do have some in combat regen. If I arcane explosion myself down to 0 it does tick back at a set rate, suggesting that spirit may work for us.

2. When a resto shaman drops Mana Tide totem we gain 200 % of the shamans sprit. Let's say they run with 7k. Does 14k spi for 16s give us as much that it is worth to track when it is down?

3. Would Mana Tide totem open for a change in the rotaiton if the answer to question 2 is yes?
Many thanks to all kind souls that may know anything about this.
Komma
Administrator

Re: Basic question on Sprit and Mana regen

Unread postby Komma Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:22 pm

1. If I remember correctly, spirit currently gives only out of combat regen. Our in combat regen is completely unrelated to it.

2. Mana Tide totem does not give us 14K spirit. While I don't remember the exact numbers, I believe it gives us the mana regen equivalent to what they gain from spirit instead. I know some players (Blatty, for instance) who track when Mana Tide is running. Going to doublecheck with some experts...

3. Mana Tide totem benefits us, but it doesn't cause any change to our rotation.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Borelia

Unread postby Borelia Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:28 am

Thanks for the fast and informative reply!
And if it does not change our rotation then tracking it seems a bit much. I also find it unlikely that shamans would time this for us instead of as a mana cd for them, at least during progression.

Cheers!
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:33 am

I guess I should correct myself: If you're REALLY, REALLY hardcore and REALLY into min/maxing, you can track mana tide, take into account the faster mana regen, and play more aggressively with mana (ie. more arcane blasts and camping arcane charges). It really isn't necessary though.

EDIT: On second thought I'll check with more people before saying anything for sure. I know at least a number of top arcane mages don't track mana tide.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
voltaa
Staff emeritus

Unread postby voltaa Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:59 pm

On second thought I'll check with more people before saying anything for sure. I know at least a number of top arcane mages don't track mana tide.
Cuz dat shit literally useless.

We don't benefit from spirit at all, i don't get this?
I used to be gud, I used to be best...lol
Trustbucket

Unread postby Trustbucket Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:33 pm

On second thought I'll check with more people before saying anything for sure. I know at least a number of top arcane mages don't track mana tide.
Cuz dat shit literally useless.

We don't benefit from spirit at all, i don't get this?
Bro GInvis with mana tide, 10/10 benefit no Kappa

To be honest I don't know if it even registers the caster being truly out of combat, I know spectral guise (which is similar) doesn't but its different. Not like it matters but I'll analyze my own joke anyway.
voltaa
Staff emeritus

Unread postby voltaa Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:59 am

To be honest I don't know if it even registers the caster being truly out of combat, I know spectral guise (which is similar) doesn't but its different. Not like it matters but I'll analyze my own joke anyway.
It doesn't, as long as your party is in combat, you are in combat.
I used to be gud, I used to be best...lol
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:45 am

It doesn't, as long as your party is in combat, you are in combat.
Just like to clarify, this is only true in raid instances. In dungeons / world, your party being in combat doesn't affect you. (only on bosses)
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!

Return to “Arcane”