Arcane Mage Compendium of Knowledge

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Lionheart

Re: Arcane Mage Compendium of Knowledge

Unread postby Lionheart Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:19 pm

I think if you have a trinket/metagem proc it's worth to snapshot just because you're also fishing for missile procs.
Txivmagus

Unread postby Txivmagus Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:55 am

Have another question:

Scenario: you have both trinkets up and they are both 1 second away from expiring, you are at 4 stacks of charge with an arcane missle proc. Do you use missiles or barrage? I know ive seen the barrage hit for 1m+ if it crits and seems like the right option.
Skrabble

Unread postby Skrabble Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:26 am

Have another question:

Scenario: you have both trinkets up and they are both 1 second away from expiring, you are at 4 stacks of charge with an arcane missle proc. Do you use missiles or barrage? I know ive seen the barrage hit for 1m+ if it crits and seems like the right option.
Arcane missiles. You only use arcane barrage to drop stacks of Arcane Blast when your mana is dipping too low.

Or burst cleave.
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Ok, so more questions after 1 clear with Arcane (1st time clearing 14/14H in 1 night for us, yay!):

1) You've run out of missiles, bombs to re-apply, etc, and you're casting your last AB before you have to reset stacks with Abarr - how do you handle the possibility of AM proccing from that cast? Ignore that chance and just start your rotation over? Spam your AM button and then hit Abarr if it doesn't start casting? I was doing the latter but that seemed to have a slight delay to the rotation and wasn't sure if that was correct.

2) If you reach 2 stacks of AM with only 1 or 2 Arcane Charges, do you use 1 AM to build your next charge so that another AM proc would not be wasted or is using both AM's at 4 stacks better even if that means you munched an AM proc or two along the way?
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
voltaa
Staff emeritus

Unread postby voltaa Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Spam your AM button and then hit Abarr
Pretty much, if they are next to each other basically do "roll" I can't think of a better way to describe it, please excuse the bagpipe terminoligy, I just use the same kind of technique from playing but on a keyboard.

Use AM to build that charge. Simple as that.
I used to be gud, I used to be best...lol
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Is it a single-target increase to use a bomb on unnecessary targets to camp 4 stacks longer and fish for AM procs or purely padding? ie empowered weapons on Garrosh, other paragons besides the kill target?
Trustbucket

Unread postby Trustbucket Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:12 pm

Is it a single-target increase to use a bomb on unnecessary targets to camp 4 stacks longer and fish for AM procs or purely padding? ie empowered weapons on Garrosh, other paragons besides the kill target?
It's not an increase to snapshot most of the time where you are getting increased bomb damage and the chance on missiles proc, so no it wouldn't be an increase to use a global to apply a bomb to another target AFAIK. It does however increase your total dps by a lot to do this, which is why a lot of people do it.
Spirillum

Unread postby Spirillum Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:19 pm

I can echo what Trustbucket has said. I'll preface this by saying I'm at the office at the moment without sufficient proof to back this up. Treat this as my opinion. If what you're DoTing isn't meaningful damage, it's padding.

Bomb application has a good chance to proc missiles, and this is a great question, but it's my understanding that applying bombs to empowered weapons etc (meaningless damage) is not a single target gain on Garrosh. It's padding, and whether that's something you should pursue is between you and your raid leadership.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:26 pm

I talked to Dabsy from <REM> a few months ago regarding the issue of applying Bombs to secondary targets. He made a really good point: If applying LB to a secondary, non-stacked target gave you a single target DPS gain on the boss, then you'd get the same gain by simply refreshing LB on the boss. Given the snapshot testing we've tried, I think it's safe to say doing that will not get you any DPS.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:02 pm

Ah, that's a good point Komma, I hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks to everyone for their responses.

Return to “Arcane”