Pair with Shard of Exodar

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
justice2kill

Pair with Shard of Exodar

Unread postby justice2kill Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:43 am

Recently, I used Gravity Spiral + Cord of Infinity over Rhonin + Cord
now , i just got Shard of Exodar as my 6th legendary.
My stats are
Crit - 32%
Haste - 19%
Mastery - 30%
here is my profile
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... gly/simple" target="_blank

i am starting to use Shard of Exodar as my primary one and i don't know what to pair with it.
Recently, i love to get the damage bonus of "Mark of Aluneth" from Cord of Infinity.
And, i am very used to play almost barrageless fight with Gravity Spiral.
I also think Simulationcraft doesn't give me the actual value for Gravity Spiral coz it don't use the extra Evocation.

Any Idea about what should i pair with my brand new BiS Shard of Exodar?

P.S i don't have Kilt, i have Gravity Spiral, Cord, Rhonin and unused feet legendary.
Aya

Re: Pair with Shard of Exodar

Unread postby Aya Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:36 pm

I would say Gravity Spiral and Shard, you need one mana reg legendary unless you are stacking mastery. When you get the Kilt you can swap out GS and get nice sustained AOE dmg as a bonus.
maynord

Unread postby maynord Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:01 pm

My suggestions for you, for heroic NH.

Skorp: Cord + Hat
Chrono: Shard + Hat
Trilliax: Shard + Hat
Aluriel: Cord + Hat
Krosus: Shard + Cord (if fast kill times), Shard + Hat if slower
botanist: Cord + Hat
Augur: Wraps + Cord
Tich: Shard + Cord (if you TW after first night)
Elisande: Shard + Hat
Guldan: Cord + Hat/Rhonins

Basic decision tree:

TW at or near start? Shard

Long ST-heavy fight? Wraps

Lots of AoE? Cord if short fight with less mana problems, Hat if longer fight

Wraps will become more useful in Mythic like Mythic Botanist / Krosus / Guldan (no M Guldan experience, don't quote me on that) but atm you'll want Hat as your default mana legendary and Shard/Cord as your throughput legendary.

When you get kilt, just replace Hat with Kilt in most of those cases. Personally I use Hat + kilt as my all purpose progression combo, and swap to Shard on farm with TW at start, and Cord for any AoE fight
Cames

Unread postby Cames Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:42 pm

So, if I believe my friendly neighborhood Simulationcraft Cord + Shard sims the highest for me on just about everything. I have the same no kilt issue and have GS, Wrists, Feet, KJ, Sephuz as well...

The challenge that I have in evaluating is that outside of raiding it is really hard to judge how this works in practice and LFR doesn't really cut it.
Bupawo

Unread postby Bupawo Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:05 am

I've found the new cord to perform really well on cleave fights. It's also a bonus that you don't really change your playstyle while using it. Shard is really underwhelming for arcane I've been using it on far, but on prog it's kinda messy.
aricketts

Unread postby aricketts Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:45 am

Just curious what you guys think is better in general. Rhonin's + Shard or GS + Shard. I know Rhonin's sims a lot higher than GS, but the sim doesnt work properly for GS. (so I have heard)
maynord

Unread postby maynord Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Just curious what you guys think is better in general. Rhonin's + Shard or GS + Shard. I know Rhonin's sims a lot higher than GS, but the sim doesnt work properly for GS. (so I have heard)
I would recommend GS. You have more control over your mana with it. Rhonin's will save more mana if you get lucky, but I really hate relying on RNG to manage mana.

That being said, if you can't use Shard properly, just go with GS + Rhonin's -- you'll be able to squeeze a huge amount of mana. I tested the combo on a target dummy yesterday with Words of Power and managed to sustain a 3.5 minute burn phase -- in practice, this would give you a lot of flexibility with target swapping, like on Botanist/Elisande/Augur.
Forrader

Unread postby Forrader Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:57 pm

Your question should sound like "what to pair with GS". GS is a BiS leg with 4t19 and without kilt right now. Then you choose which 2nd leg to put on - shard or cord (no rhonins right now). I'd suggest cord for aoe fights like scorp, aluriel, tichondrius, probably botanist though shard is good there as well.
Dont trust sims about GS. It's broken.
snackums

Unread postby snackums Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:06 am

I would definitely use Shard + Gravity on most fights, given that you can lust twice with cooldowns.
I've recently gotten Shard and noticed I'm parsing significantly higher on most fights in M NH and H NH with Gravity Spiral combo over Rhonin, KJ, or Cord.
GS doesn't sim well, I would suggest testing our your dps in-game to see the real boost in dps. Its very close to Kilt

Haven't been loggin heroic and normal for sometime, but been parsing 90+ when I checked after raids.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ums/simple" target="_blank
Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 61/latest/" target="_blank

Return to “Arcane”