[Fixed]Stupid but effektiv way to play arcane

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
vicious796

Re: Stupid but effektiv way to play arcane

Unread postby vicious796 Mon May 15, 2017 7:55 pm

So if we were to take this way down the rabbit hole, to optimize damage with this constant AE strategy, would we then dump everything into Crit for bigger numbers or Haste for GCD reduction?
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Tue May 16, 2017 8:18 pm

It is nowhere optimal. I am 913ilvl, 2ivlls higher than u. Here are my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 585/latest" target="_blank

Normal rotation > everything else
Your kill times are way better though
It doesn't matter. AB is just much stronger than AE when you are at 4 stacks and you have big cds on.
After 200kk dmg done on dummy, i pulled only 950k dps when using AE, and 1.2kk~ when using AB. There is really nothing to talk about :) People are forgetting aboue TotM which is 20% dmg buff for 6s.
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Wed May 17, 2017 10:12 am

On PTR T&S does not trigger AM anymore. RiP.
hwantaw

Unread postby hwantaw Wed May 17, 2017 11:09 am

Well they better buff the damage to compensate for that. :/
Levender

Unread postby Levender Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 pm

It is nowhere optimal. I am 913ilvl, 2ivlls higher than u. Here are my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 585/latest" target="_blank

Figured I would finally make an account to chime in. I agree, it is not even close to being optimal. Anyone that says it is obviously has no clue how to properly play arcane.

My logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps" target="_blank
seoh

Unread postby seoh Sat May 20, 2017 1:01 am

Figured I would finally make an account to chime in. I agree, it is not even close to being optimal. Anyone that says it is obviously has no clue how to properly play arcane.

Nobody claimed it was optimal. The OP said you can get orange logs doing this, which he did. I think everyone knows it isn't optimal, seeing as the post is "Stupid but Effective."
Levender

Unread postby Levender Sat May 20, 2017 9:02 pm

Nobody claimed it was optimal. The OP said you can get orange logs doing this, which he did. I think everyone knows it isn't optimal, seeing as the post is "Stupid but Effective."
Show me a mythic parse where he spams AE that isn't a padfest
jimme

Unread postby jimme Sun May 28, 2017 8:39 am

You need to have the new golden trait for an extra golden explosion. And 2 pieces of the T-19 set.
Just spam it to proc more arcane missiles -> get golden logs.

I have tested it on NH HC and NHC and many Mythic+ runs.
The sad thing behind this, it makes more damage than arcane blast and you dont have to worry about canceling your spells.

Check out my logs.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 62/latest/" target="_blank

Its a stupid way to play arcane and may not work anymore with t-20.

What do you guys think about it?
Any chance you could write the priority list for when to use what spells for those of not so well versed in the ways of arcane?

I know it's probably really simple, but would appreciate it.

I mean what is your opening sequence. When do you use RoP, when do you use evocate, when do you use arcane barrage.

I'm thinking of a list like Icy Veins does for the openener and conserve phase. :)

Thx. in advance.
Raggamasta

Unread postby Raggamasta Sun May 28, 2017 4:42 pm

I might try this in mythic+ to spice things up a bit :D
Choby

Unread postby Choby Mon May 29, 2017 1:11 am

Any chance you could write the priority list for when to use what spells for those of not so well versed in the ways of arcane?

I know it's probably really simple, but would appreciate it.

I mean what is your opening sequence. When do you use RoP, when do you use evocate, when do you use arcane barrage.

I'm thinking of a list like Icy Veins does for the openener and conserve phase. :)

Thx. in advance.
Play like you would play with AB, thats all.
jimme

Unread postby jimme Mon May 29, 2017 6:36 pm

I haven't played arcane at all this expansionm so I honestly dont know how to play arcane. :)

What would be the stat prio's with this playstyle, and what would be the preferred leggos?

I mean I dont think that the 8k haste, 3k vers then crit is what you wanna go for here?

So bacially what you do ijs replace AB with AE?

I tried it a bit on a dummy and it seems very random.
4 stack AE is 132k maana for 250k dmg (1.9 dmg/mana)
4 stack AB is 198k mana for 600k dmg (3 dmg/mana)

If you dont get missile procs you are quite a bit more screwed playing this way compared to the "normal way"

Would this then be correct way of playing memesplosion spec?

Before the pull:
Get 3 AM procs using Time and Space, spamming AE.

Opener (Icy veins opener with tweaks):

1. Use Potion of Prolonged Power Icon Potion of Prolonged Power 2 sec before the pull.
2. Spam AE, until 4 charges
3. Cast Icon Mark of Aluneth.
4. Place Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power.
5. Activate Arcane Power Icon Arcane Power and any racial cooldowns or on-use trinkets.
6. Activate Presence of Mind Icon Presence of Mind and cast Arcane Blast Icon Arcane Blast twice (unless Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles has 3 charges, in which case reverse this step with the next one).
7. Cast Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles if you have 3 charges.
8. Cast AE to stay under 100% Mana. Cast Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles whenever you have 3 charges or are below 100% Mana.
9. Cast AE as a filler.
10. Place Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power again when Arcane Power Icon Arcane Power ends (only if Bloodlust was used).
11. Spam AE
12. Use Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles when available.
13. Cast Evocation when your Mana is empty and commence conserve phase.

Conserve:

1. Use Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power if it has 2 charges.
2. Cast Mark of Aluneth on cooldown.
- Always save a Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power charge for Icon Mark of Aluneth.
3. Cast Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles if
- you have 3 charges of Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles or
- you are not at 100% Mana and you have 4Arcane Charge Icon Arcane Charges.
4. Cast Arcane Barrage if you need to regenerate Mana.
5. Cast Arcane Explosion
Duturu

Unread postby Duturu Tue May 30, 2017 2:08 pm

I haven't played arcane at all this expansionm so I honestly dont know how to play arcane. :)

What would be the stat prio's with this playstyle, and what would be the preferred leggos?

I mean I dont think that the 8k haste, 3k vers then crit is what you wanna go for here?

So bacially what you do ijs replace AB with AE?

I tried it a bit on a dummy and it seems very random.
4 stack AE is 132k maana for 250k dmg (1.9 dmg/mana)
4 stack AB is 198k mana for 600k dmg (3 dmg/mana)

If you dont get missile procs you are quite a bit more screwed playing this way compared to the "normal way"

Would this then be correct way of playing memesplosion spec?

Before the pull:
Get 3 AM procs using Time and Space, spamming AE.

Opener (Icy veins opener with tweaks):

1. Use Potion of Prolonged Power Icon Potion of Prolonged Power 2 sec before the pull.
2. Spam AE, until 4 charges
3. Cast Icon Mark of Aluneth.
4. Place Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power.
5. Activate Arcane Power Icon Arcane Power and any racial cooldowns or on-use trinkets.
6. Activate Presence of Mind Icon Presence of Mind and cast Arcane Blast Icon Arcane Blast twice (unless Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles has 3 charges, in which case reverse this step with the next one).
7. Cast Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles if you have 3 charges.
8. Cast AE to stay under 100% Mana. Cast Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles whenever you have 3 charges or are below 100% Mana.
9. Cast AE as a filler.
10. Place Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power again when Arcane Power Icon Arcane Power ends (only if Bloodlust was used).
11. Spam AE
12. Use Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles when available.
13. Cast Evocation when your Mana is empty and commence conserve phase.

Conserve:

1. Use Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power if it has 2 charges.
2. Cast Mark of Aluneth on cooldown.
- Always save a Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power charge for Icon Mark of Aluneth.
3. Cast Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles if
- you have 3 charges of Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles or
- you are not at 100% Mana and you have 4Arcane Charge Icon Arcane Charges.
4. Cast Arcane Barrage if you need to regenerate Mana.
5. Cast Arcane Explosion
This spec is good because you almost get twice as many missile procs than the regular build which means that the belt is insane for this since you almost always hit 80+ stacks. Also the 4set bonus is more valuable.

So for legendaries I'd say belt(must) and shard/sephuz or the hat.

Your damage on the spells is dependant on mastery btw, so it differs from mage to mage. Anyways I'd say mastery is actually good in this build since it has synergy with the belt and MoA.

Now for your rotation I'd say play with charged up. Why would you ever arcane barrage while doing this, you shouldnt ever be low on mana. If you are unlucky and want to converse a bit just AE into aBarr into AE til you get 3 stacks and then charged up into 3x AM.

That's how I would play this "meme spec" atleast.
Cames

Unread postby Cames Tue May 30, 2017 5:00 pm

I think that this thread has been interesting, but I think expecting to play this way on progression raiding is a mistake. On the other hand there are plenty of ways to make this work for you.

Return to “Arcane”