Soul of the archmage New legendary ring

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Eila

Re: Soul of the archmage New legendary ring

Unread postby Eila Thu May 25, 2017 11:09 pm

Any news on how the ring is obtained?
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Thu May 25, 2017 11:47 pm

It is legendary, so what do you think? :D
Eila

Unread postby Eila Fri May 26, 2017 12:13 am

Was hoping it was obtained through the continued order hall quest line, given the name of the legendary. One can only hope when it comes to the Legion legendary system. :D
kaqau

Unread postby kaqau Sun May 28, 2017 10:51 am

Was hoping it was obtained through the continued order hall quest line, given the name of the legendary. One can only hope when it comes to the Legion legendary system. :D
Whats wrong with the legendary system? You get a legendary every week, possibly even sooner with all the content ToS is gonna give. Doesnt take long to get all legendarys for your spec.
Eila

Unread postby Eila Sun May 28, 2017 11:07 am

Whats wrong with the legendary system? You get a legendary every week, possibly even sooner with all the content ToS is gonna give. Doesnt take long to get all legendarys for your spec.
The problem is not the quantity, the problem is the large amount of absolute trash you have to "get through" in order to get the really good and interesting legendaries. Thank god I recently got Norgannon's, completing the holy trifecta of trash Norgannon-Prydaz-Sephuz.

I just want to get the Temporal Flux gameplay sooner rather than later.

Also, a legendary a week on live right now does not seem realistic. I certainly have not had that luck. Not sure about 7.2.5.
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Sun May 28, 2017 8:56 pm

Also, a legendary a week on live right now does not seem realistic. I certainly have not had that luck. Not sure about 7.2.5.
At the moment by doing all available content you should get leganry every 1-2 weeks.
Zlimex

Unread postby Zlimex Mon May 29, 2017 1:52 pm

I just noticed the stats on the ring have been "buffed" to normal stat levels, so do you guys think it's actually good now?
maynord

Unread postby maynord Mon May 29, 2017 2:18 pm

Still waiting on sims. The ring isn't going to change our playstyle in any meaningful way so it's just a matter of seeing if the faster ABs actually translate to significantly more DPS. From testing it on the PTR it synergises nicely with the current meta of using Overpowered, but hard to say if it's better or worse than Shard or Cord.
Midgert

Unread postby Midgert Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:02 am

Just went on ptr and been messing around with the tier and the ring. I am finding that the ring seems solid as it improves both the opener and improves the overall sustain as arcane.

Has anyone tried playing around with a 2+2 gear setup (2 pieces of 19 + 2 pieces of 20). I find that through my testing atleast that this has produced the best results overall since it seems that t20 4 set isnt the most powerful part of it and seems lacking compared to the 2 set of 19?

My best dps so far for a 200 mil test was 1.06 mil dps (was in my 3rd AP so it could have been higher) using that setup with the Soul of the Archmage

This was without using the new trinkets from ToS since im still playing around with them
Spookytooth

Unread postby Spookytooth Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:17 am

yes interestingly enough a krosus machine learning sim gear setup on amr kicks up 2x2 piece keeping kilt and shard as the bis setup.. even if the tier 19 is base ilvl.. I was rather surprised.. of course they don't have new ring or shoulders in yet
Thudderson

Unread postby Thudderson Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:22 pm

Confirmed random drop
justice2kill

Unread postby justice2kill Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:26 pm

Does anyone test about Soul of the Archmage + TF talent. Is it possible to pair to get double cast time reduce of AB? it may consume more mana faster but we can pair with kilt and get amazing sustained dmg.
Naaldira

Unread postby Naaldira Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:26 pm

Does anyone test about Soul of the Archmage + TF talent. Is it possible to pair to get double cast time reduce of AB? it may consume more mana faster but we can pair with kilt and get amazing sustained dmg.
No, you can't double up the talents given by the new rings.
Maguthuris

Unread postby Maguthuris Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:21 am

The new ring will definitely be BiS for single target. Beating out shard by far. I will be using Soul ring and kilt for single target and the new shoulders/kilt for aoe
Ianarion

Unread postby Ianarion Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:01 am

What about kilt eating up a tier slot when you want to use 4 piece+2 piece? Maybe Rhonins/Archmage will be better? I have some 925 titanforged tier 19 to keep 2 piece. On heavy cleave certainly kilt/shoulders.
caBOOMz

Unread postby caBOOMz Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:54 pm

What about kilt eating up a tier slot when you want to use 4 piece+2 piece? Maybe Rhonins/Archmage will be better? I have some 925 titanforged tier 19 to keep 2 piece. On heavy cleave certainly kilt/shoulders.
With a ring and no kilt you'd run oom in 2 seconds. Then your 2p bonus will be pretty much useless.
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:28 pm

With a ring and no kilt you'd run oom in 2 seconds. Then your 2p bonus will be pretty much useless.
That is no true. You only have to enter conserve phase a bit earlier.

For ST you want to use shard + archmage. Best results i had with t19 legs + shoulders and t20 helm, chest, back, and hands
tar3k

Unread postby tar3k Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:31 pm

That is no true. You only have to enter conserve phase a bit earlier.

For ST you want to use shard + archmage. Best results i had with t19 legs + shoulders and t20 helm, chest, back, and hands

quite interesting, do you have a sim comparison?
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:46 pm

quite interesting, do you have a sim comparison?
It was linked multiple times on discord. Newest Arcane sims are using this setup.
Waddell

Unread postby Waddell Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Dang, got 2 legendarys drop the same night on last thursday (2 hours appart).

For those like me who dont have shard, let me tell you that the new ring just ROCKS !!! with my current gear, if I'm a little lucky, on my opening burst, I've seen easily over 2m dps, I even saw 2.9m dps ... (I never was even close to that before the ring, I am even suspecting we received some hidden buff last patch).

Ok, after burst, I drop down a lot but at least, I now feel pretty bad ass behing at the top for a while at the beggining of the fight ! :)

Return to “Arcane”