New shoulder legendary.

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
dozlas

New shoulder legendary.

Unread postby dozlas Wed May 24, 2017 8:18 pm

What do you think about it guys? http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/151808-mantl ... -kirin-tor" target="_blank

I think it will be really good in AoE situations with resonance.
Last edited by dozlas on Wed May 24, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naustis

Re: New shoulder legendary.

Unread postby Naustis Wed May 24, 2017 8:34 pm

What do you thinks about it guys? http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/151808-mantl ... -kirin-tor" target="_blank

I think it will be really good in AoE situations with resonance.
Shoulders are broken for any AoE / 3+ target fights. I think blizzard soon or later will nerf the proc chance.
gurudox

Unread postby gurudox Wed May 24, 2017 10:56 pm

60% chance to proc an arcane orb with 4 charges.

Pretty high chance to be chain-casting 4-stack barrage & arcane orb, unless there's an internal cooldown that we don't know about. Even waiting for arcane barrage cooldown, this would be crazy powerful in AOE situations.
maynord

Unread postby maynord Thu May 25, 2017 12:42 am

I mean, it's cool that it'll be powerful in AoE and it sounds fun to use in M+ especially. From a raiding perspective we're already a spec that excels at burst AoE... even without Resonance / AO / Cord etc, AE spamming on a rune is already some of the best burst AoE in the game. On ST it won't be terrible but I'd still rather take bracers/spiral/kilt/shard.

That said, I'd definitely like to try it on 2/3 target fights. This combined with t20 bonuses will give us quite a lot of instant casts.
seoh

Unread postby seoh Thu May 25, 2017 1:50 am

Agreed, would have loved to see something more for ST for some more options.

That being said, this does look pretty insane for m+. We'll have to see, there are some clunky things to consider since you need to worry about the direction you're facing, and orb flies pretty far so you'll have to be careful with accidentally orb-pulling.
maynord

Unread postby maynord Thu May 25, 2017 11:51 am

Just tested the shoulders with a few legendary combos (new ring, bracers, kilt mainly) against a boss dummy. DPS values varied a lot (@ 912 it was anywhere between 850k-1M over 4 minutes) cause my UI isn't set up very well and I was still testing out the t20 bonuses.

- The AO will only generate a single charge. Although the actual talent gives you 1 charge on cast + charges on hit, this was to be expected.

- With t20 4-set + Charged Up, the shoulders become really nice for mobility. You can AB, Charged up, AB, PoM, AB, all while moving. If I manage to grab them before M ToS is released I would definitely use shoulders + kilt for the tougher progression fights, it's also really good for target switching which is highly desirable in prog.

- It's still a fairly RNG bonus. 60% is high but not perfect, and the main benefit of the AO is for the extra AM proc chance which is still quite low anyway.

I tested the new ring with a few other legendaries as well and truthfully, 20% Haste on AB during AP (w/ OP) is extremely powerful -- but the faster ABs make the conserve phase more of a headache.
Mythlos

Unread postby Mythlos Thu May 25, 2017 8:10 pm

Why was it to be expected?

That's clearly a bug because it still counts the player as having launched it. It doesn't generate charges or AMs on launch so this is different functionality from the talent, unlike all the other ones for other specs which operate in the exact same manner as the original talent (with different durations if it's a buff).

The T20 set also conflicts with the Orb proc heavily. On ST, you will rarely use Barrage outside of Charged Up or Presence of Mind, both of which grant 4 charges. So any charges you generate are wasted. That's not really a major issue but it does lower its value for ST.
dozlas

Unread postby dozlas Fri May 26, 2017 7:31 am

- The AO will only generate a single charge. Although the actual talent gives you 1 charge on cast + charges on hit, this was to be expected.
idk but this guy tested it and seems like it works like normal AO.

Just Amazing, they will nerf it XD
maynord

Unread postby maynord Fri May 26, 2017 8:16 am

Why was it to be expected?

That's clearly a bug because it still counts the player as having launched it. It doesn't generate charges or AMs on launch so this is different functionality from the talent, unlike all the other ones for other specs which operate in the exact same manner as the original talent (with different durations if it's a buff).

The T20 set also conflicts with the Orb proc heavily. On ST, you will rarely use Barrage outside of Charged Up or Presence of Mind, both of which grant 4 charges. So any charges you generate are wasted. That's not really a major issue but it does lower its value for ST.
Because you're still not technically casting Arcane Orb, you're actively casting Barrage. I would personally like if it generated a charge on launch as well, would make for a more fun playstyle. Keep in mind AO does 500% SP damage, vs AB's 442%/552% (w/o, w/ Resonance on ST), so the Orb itself will effectively act as a free Barrage which is a pretty noticeable DPS increase. The main thing is the sheer amount of mobility - between moving with Slipstream + AMs, PoMs, CU + Orbs etc, it looks very attractive for progression IMO.

@dozlas that looks like it's working normally, but his AOs are hitting 4 targets each time so I couldn't see if it was generating any charges on launch before it hits a mob.
Bupawo

Unread postby Bupawo Fri May 26, 2017 8:52 pm

I confirm after testing it on a single target, the orb will only generate one charge for me.
Naaldira

Unread postby Naaldira Sat May 27, 2017 5:03 am

idk but this guy tested it and seems like it works like normal AO.

Just Amazing, they will nerf it XD

I mean, anyone openning on stacked aoe already will get crazy burst like that, that isn't overly insane to me.

Return to “Arcane”