Mantle of the First Kirin Tor

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
testacular

Mantle of the First Kirin Tor

Unread postby testacular Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:52 pm

Hey

Just got my Mantle lego today and I was wondering...
The orb seems to only give charges per TARGETS HIT and not the one you get when you cast the orb yourself.
E.g. proccing it on one target gives you 1 charge whilst using the talent directly gives you 2.
Is this intended, or is there a known bug?

Also what talents would you pick along with this legendary?
I am sure this is cleave/aoe intended and I am also sure Kilt is the best choice as a second one, just not sure about talents for best cleave results. Anyone did the testing?
Bupawo

Re: Mantle of the First Kirin Tor

Unread postby Bupawo Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:28 pm

I think usual talents should still be the best. And the fact that the orb doesn't give charges on cast seems intended, since you don't really cast the spell. There's just an orb 40% of the time you barrage.
seoh

Unread postby seoh Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:50 am

This is entirely based from experience, but aoeing feels weird with kilt+shoulder. You just naturally sit at really high mana if you do AEx4AB with kilt. That being said, I have done zero simming or real testing since I haven't raided this week or done much m+. I'm curious if it would really be better than kilt/shard for stuff like Spellblade.

As for talents I think the normal stuff like rop/erosion/resonance would be the best.
Bupawo

Unread postby Bupawo Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:24 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXP_j66 ... e=youtu.be" target="_blank

Might be weird but it's still efficient. Note that it's been nerfed a bit since.
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Mantle is bis for m+ and sustain aoe fight. For burst AoE such as Aluriel kilt + Shard is stil better
testacular

Unread postby testacular Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:25 pm

A bit of personal experience input - I tried Mantle and Kilt in some M+ (10+ ofc) and I have to say, it is much more enjoyable if you actually take Arcane Orb talent on top of that too (and IF maybe instead of rune but that is affix dependent). That made me really effective against packs of monsters which is what usually matter (unless we are talking +15 tyrannical ofc).

The Mantle itself is good, but waaaay too RNG for my liking. With the orb talent itself, it feels like you can pull out more dmg from Resonance.

This way or the other, mantle is now a go-to for any non single target encounters I would say (as most other legendaries dont make much sense)
Dantalian

Unread postby Dantalian Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:10 am

This way or the other, mantle is now a go-to for any non single target encounters I would say (as most other legendaries dont make much sense)
I wouldn't agree with that exactly because going with Cord+Kilt into trash and then swapping for Kilt + ring [if you can use TW for yourself] for boss IMO will always be a decent option [Wonder how new ring can perform in dungeons if you can't TW anyway and fights are short anyway]. I really don't like the Orb as a taken talent even on M+ because AP+RoP+MA [buffed by Cord] followed by AE and AB is really guarenteed fast kill on some trash-packs that you want to nuke as fast as possible [let's say Teeming HoV pack upstairs after 1st boss] and Orb while can provide constant better dps, won't be as bursty and that can hurt sometimes [and with Orb you ofc lose potential on bosses].

Also in raid encounters [even with adds] I don't believe that shoulders will outperform Kilt+ring because good usage of 2xlust is just too powerful,
testacular

Unread postby testacular Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:36 am

I really don't like the Orb as a taken talent even on M+ because AP+RoP+MA [buffed by Cord] followed by AE and AB is really guarenteed fast kill on some trash-packs
Precisely that - some packs. Too many times I have seen MA go to waste because tank dragged monsters from the marked one. Or typhoon/death grip, mobs disengaging from group (in NL) or whatnot. Hence I prefer orb. Btw Orb with AP (even without OP) does very strong burst DPS as you get to use resonance more times. You can ofc have RoP too. RoP vs IF is only a matter of affixes really, if you can run RoP it is ofc better.

But yea, with more cooperation, Cord might compete and it's less RNG. Then again, how much do you use missiles to charge next MA? Because most DPS done in M+ is just explosion-spam and barrage :D
maynord

Unread postby maynord Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:35 am

I'd love to try out these shoulders. For consistent AoE/cleave I would totally use them, but for burst AoE I still wonder if Cord outshines it, plus Cord frees up a tier slot.
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:53 am

I'd love to try out these shoulders. For consistent AoE/cleave I would totally use them, but for burst AoE I still wonder if Cord outshines it, plus Cord frees up a tier slot.
Cord is weaker than mantles. For burst aoe you want shard + kilt.
Dantalian

Unread postby Dantalian Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:42 pm

But yea, with more cooperation, Cord might compete and it's less RNG. Then again, how much do you use missiles to charge next MA? Because most DPS done in M+ is just explosion-spam and barrage :D
Yes and no. I mean on 2-3 mobs it's still worth to use AM. In the end for me personally AM in dps meters sometimes compete heavly with AE for #1, depends on dungeon, affixes and pulls ofc.

So let's say you got've pack of mobs naturally AE+AB, then 2 are left, consume every AM->AE->AM and since it adds stacks to cord per missle hit, not how many times you cast it, After 5-6 uses of AM [easly doable in 1 minute interval] dmg on MA is significantly increased in terms of AoE dmg [like 40%, sometimes more, depends on luck]. It's also not very rare to bump it to 80%-90% increased dmg on MA, but as I said it depends on dunegon and pulls.
Ianarion

Unread postby Ianarion Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Super unimpressed with this legendary, used it in some mythic+10 runs was around 3% of my damage. Always fails to proc when it would be really useful.
maynord

Unread postby maynord Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:41 am

Cord is weaker than mantles. For burst aoe you want shard + kilt.
Plenty of people in Tich/Spellblade etc logs have pushed really high numbers with Cord, it actually makes more sense to use Cord if you're swapping between ST / burst AOE throughout the entire fight. Don't really see how you can say Cord is weaker than Mantle when barely anyone has been using it either.
testacular

Unread postby testacular Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:29 pm

Super unimpressed with this legendary, used it in some mythic+10 runs was around 3% of my damage. Always fails to proc when it would be really useful.
Yea, that's why I said I prefer to take it even with Arcane Orb talent for M+ runs.
That allows you to do A LOT of aoe/cleave dmg and more or less controlled (you also barrage a lot more, so in turn you get more procs of this lego).

Without it, it is just way too random to rely on that (seeing it proc in 80% cases on last mob while it failed 6 times in a row while fighting a group of 6 monsters is rather frustrating and infuriating).

Return to “Arcane”