Arcane vs Chromie scenario

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Naustis

Arcane vs Chromie scenario

Unread postby Naustis Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:00 pm

As we all know Timelord title and Chromie set is created for the one true spec - Arcane. I have made an Arcane PoV video from completing all 8 challanges in one run.
I hope it will help someone to get that amazing (lol) Chromie t-mog.

https://youtu.be/5JfRZrHKrOw" target="_blank

Feel free to ask questions here or under the video.

Cheers,
Timelord Naustis
Ryken

Re: Arcane vs Chromie scenario

Unread postby Ryken Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Not to be negative, but getting it at this point in talents is more about luck (i.e. getting the skips for Andorhal/Strat like you did) than it is about skill. That said, good job :D

Its probably worth to check the black dragonshrine real quick for the 3 chests.

Also, as arcane in well of eternity, after you take the first port, mount up and run to the boss, kill him and invis, you don't need to kill the elves at all.
Conatus78

Unread postby Conatus78 Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Not to be negative, but getting it at this point in talents is more about luck (i.e. getting the skips for Andorhal/Strat like you did) than it is about skill. That said, good job :D
It's fair to say that it needs both a lot of skill and luck at this point-- neither will get you there alone.
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:28 pm

Its probably worth to check the black dragonshrine real quick for the 3 chests.

Also, as arcane in well of eternity, after you take the first port, mount up and run to the boss, kill him and invis, you don't need to kill the elves at all.
The more sands of time you collect the less RNG affects your run.

I didn't know that thing about elves. I have tried to do it in the first zone but it always ends in Chromie being killed because everything switched on her :c

Zilentification

Unread postby Zilentification Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:59 pm

I got it first day by just kept spam running this strategy.

Emerald - Centaur - Centaur - Arcane - Red - Black - Centaur - Centaur - Well - Hyjal - Andorhal - Strath

Go to Emerald and use cds, blow up boss and the two nearby mobs die in the AoE. Chromie Lust on this pull for you. Then kill the two centaurs which should both be between the Emerald and Arcane Shrine while you wait for cooldowns. Head to Arcane and use all cooldowns with lust and try and blow this annoying #@!$ out of the water. As soon as he starts casting his silence I Greater Invis to cancel his cast and get a bit of extra damage. Head over to the last two shrines and kill them, usually I wont have cooldowns for the Lich. Also Chromie Lust on the Dreadlord again. I've killed him with 16mil Dps on one pull if I've got lucky Sands. Then on the way back to Wyrmrest I kill both Centaurs again.

The goal was to get at least two skips or at least Strath skip. If I didn't get that I would reset and try again. Don't use any bronze drakes because you actually want to clear stuff to get skips.

PS: Prophecy of Fear + Blackrock Foundry tier set is really funny. Just saying.
Arcane is always the correct spec. Always.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 876761/10/
Cobalt314

Unread postby Cobalt314 Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:30 pm

I finished the whole scenario as I was researching my penultimate talent, and I got Timelord 3 days before that.

If you want the Timelord title, research talents and select Sands of Time paths that maximize reputation. It's amazing how quickly you gain Chromie rep.

If you're going for a speedrun clear, there is some RNG dependence there, but here are some general tips I recommend to minimize the luck factor and/or improve the chances of clearing:
1. Research the talent that increases the chance of finding Bronze Drakes in SoT. More Bronze Drakes means less flying between dragonshrines means more time to do chronoportals.
2. Research the talent that doubles SoT loot. This will greatly improve your chances of clearing.
3. At least 50% of the time, there's a time chest that spawns right next to the entrance of the lich's tree.
4. Kill the magnataurs roaming between the dragonshrines. They drop plenty of SoT, and in some cases you'll actually gain time by taking the time to kill them.
5. If you do end up having to fly to the Obsidian shrine, don't fly back to the temple. Just soar up high enough so that when you dismount, the fall will kill you.
6. While Andorhal seems like a good portal to skip, you can farm quite a few SoT in there. You also don't need more than 3-4 explosives, cause after that you can just DPS the cannon for the kill (you still need to disable the grid and melt the armor though).
7. Get the Stratholme gate key.

Return to “Arcane”