Simulation Craft Rotation Question

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Kynrathe

Simulation Craft Rotation Question

Unread postby Kynrathe Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:56 am

Hey everyone,
I am just curious about how the action priority list in SimC might be affecting stat weights. I just recently updated to 725-01 and noticed that Arcane Barrage is in our burn phase.
actions.burn=variable,name=total_burns,op=add,value=1,if=!burn_phase
actions.burn+=/start_burn_phase,if=!burn_phase
actions.burn+=/stop_burn_phase,if=prev_gcd.1.evocation&cooldown.evocation.charges=0&burn_phase_duration>0
actions.burn+=/arcane_barrage,if=buff.rune_of_power.remains>=travel_time&((cooldown.presence_of_mind.remains<=execute_time&set_bonus.tier20_2pc)|(talent.charged_up.enabled&cooldown.charged_up.remains<=execute_time))&buff.arcane_charge.stack=buff.arcane_charge.max_stack
actions.burn+=/nether_tempest,if=refreshable|!ticking
actions.burn+=/mark_of_aluneth
actions.burn+=/mirror_image
actions.burn+=/rune_of_power
actions.burn+=/arcane_power
actions.burn+=/blood_fury
actions.burn+=/berserking
actions.burn+=/arcane_torrent
actions.burn+=/potion,if=buff.arcane_power.up&(buff.berserking.up|buff.blood_fury.up|!(race.troll|race.orc))
actions.burn+=/use_item,name=tarnished_sentinel_medallion,if=equipped.147017&buff.arcane_power.up&(buff.bloodlust.up|!equipped.shard_of_the_exodar)
actions.burn+=/presence_of_mind,if=set_bonus.tier20_2pc|buff.rune_of_power.remains<=buff.presence_of_mind.max_stack*action.arcane_blast.execute_time|buff.arcane_power.remains<=buff.presence_of_mind.max_stack*action.arcane_blast.execute_time
actions.burn+=/arcane_orb
actions.burn+=/arcane_barrage,if=active_enemies>1&equipped.mantle_of_the_first_kirin_tor&buff.arcane_charge.stack=buff.arcane_charge.max_stack
actions.burn+=/arcane_missiles,if=variable.arcane_missiles_procs=buff.arcane_missiles.max_stack|dot.spectral_owl.ticking
actions.burn+=/arcane_blast,if=buff.presence_of_mind.up
actions.burn+=/supernova
actions.burn+=/arcane_explosion,if=active_enemies>1
actions.burn+=/arcane_missiles,if=variable.arcane_missiles_procs
actions.burn+=/arcane_barrage,if=buff.rune_of_power.remains<action.arcane_blast.cast_time&buff.rune_of_power.remains>=travel_time&cooldown.charged_up.remains<=execute_time
actions.burn+=/arcane_blast
actions.burn+=/variable,name=average_burn_length,op=set,value=(variable.average_burn_length*variable.total_burns-variable.average_burn_length+burn_phase_duration)%variable.total_burns
actions.burn+=/evocation,interrupt_if=ticks=2|mana.pct>=85,interrupt_immediate=1
Now, my understanding was that the general idea is to burn through all of your mana, then Evo, then conserve phase. One thing I have noticed that bugs me is that my mana usually stays the same and my damage doesn't have the characteristic spike in dps during burn phase. So why is this in the burn phase and how much does it actually affect the generated stat weights?
Naustis

Re: Simulation Craft Rotation Question

Unread postby Naustis Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:59 am

It is because PoM gives 4 stacks of AC so it is worth to cast ArB and them PoM.
Kynrathe

Unread postby Kynrathe Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:33 pm

It is because PoM gives 4 stacks of AC so it is worth to cast ArB and them PoM.
After reading that again I see how that works. Out of curiosity, could you explain why SimC doesn't fully burn your mana for the burn phase, evoc, and then conserve phase? What I am trying to do is change the action list in some way to go through the rotation more closely to how I do so that I can have a better understanding of how I should weigh my stats and what would be a closer number to my actual in game dps.
Tipsey

Unread postby Tipsey Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:58 am

Perhaps look at the sample sequence table after your sim to watch mana percentages and see if it matches what you are doing on live. Might be easier than interpreting the entire APL.

Return to “Arcane”