simulator shows i should use 2tier19 and 0tier20 for Tos

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Arindiel

simulator shows i should use 2tier19 and 0tier20 for Tos

Unread postby Arindiel Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:14 pm

Hello.
I know that things might change when Tos goes live and that simulators could be wrong atm.The problem is that i am trying to make a list with the bis gear for my arcane mage for tos
simulator shows that the ideal gear is to keep my tier19 shoulders+chest(915and925ilvl)and rest of the gear should be random pieces with 0 ZERO tier 20 items equipped.
This sim(with heroic tos gear)gives me around 1.210.000dps while if i manually put 4tier20 pieces for the bonus the dps drops significantly.
Any advice on what i should do?should i wait and run sim on wednesday before raid or i go and clear heroic tos take the items that sim tells me to take and take the huge risk(if sim is wrong)to leave myself with 0tier20 items?
Xinder

Re: simulator shows i should use 2tier19 and 0tier20 for Tos

Unread postby Xinder Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Make sure you are using the nightly build and not an out of date one or one done before patch 7.2.5. If you're using the nightly and it's still doing that, I don't know what else would be the cause as that doesn't seem to be how it should work.
Tipsey

Unread postby Tipsey Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:55 am

Did you use the askmrrobot sim to get those results? If so I think there is something wrong with it. I was looking at it myself last night and when I excluded all previous tiers except ToS it still didn't suggest that I equip T20.

I would advise learning how to use simcraft.
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Also if you don't want to use simcraft, there's a website called raidbots.com that runs simcraft in the cloud for you. So you literally pick what you want to do, use the simcraft addon from game or import from armory, and hit go. I would suggest changing the drop down option to nightly on which version of simcraft to use.

Return to “Arcane”