Gear for Tomb

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Siars

Gear for Tomb

Unread postby Siars Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:36 pm

The other day I saw a post saying that the highest sim, or default, for Arcane through Simc was using 4 piece T20 with the new shoudlers and shard so I played with different sets and found that using 2 piece T19, 4 piece T20, Cord + Shard, the sim is 40k higher with equal il gear, implying that the tier from NH would be 930il, which isn't too crazy to think about. Base mythic T19 pieces (905) also sim higher than playing with just the 4 piece T20 with the new shoulders, by about 10k.

I'm well aware that with some extra il, the new tier could change this and make it pointless to play with the old tier, but at least for a few weeks I think I'm going to play with both tiers and the belt.

Something may have gone weird with my sims, but I did try this setup through updated Simc and Raidbots, both of which show belt + both tiers being a lot better than just T20 with the new shoudlers and shard.

I would appreciate hearing thoughts about this from you guys.

Here's a copy / paste of the gear used for the sim.
head=crown_of_the_arcane_tempest,id=147147,ilevel=930
neck=string_of_extracted_incisors,id=147013,ilevel=930,enchant=mark_of_the_hidden_satyr
shoulders=mantle_of_everburning_knowledge,id=138321,ilevel=930
back=drape_of_the_arcane_tempest,id=147145,ilevel=930,enchant=binding_of_intellect
chest=robes_of_the_arcane_tempest,id=147149,ilevel=930
wrists=oathbreakers_cuffs,id=147001,ilevel=930
hands=gloves_of_the_arcane_tempest,id=147146,ilevel=930
waist=cord_of_infinity,id=132442,ilevel=970
legs=leggings_of_everburning_knowledge,id=138315,ilevel=930
feet=slippers_of_enduring_vigilance,id=146987,ilevel=930
finger1=seal_of_the_second_duumvirate,id=147195,ilevel=940,enchant=binding_of_versatility
finger2=shard_of_the_exodar,id=132410,ilevel=970,gems=200int,enchant=binding_of_versatility
trinket1=tarnished_sentinel_medallion,id=147017,ilevel=930
trinket2=terror_from_below,id=147016,ilevel=930
main_hand=aluneth,id=127857,gem_id=147079/147095/147079,relic_ilevel=940/940/940
TheRell03

Re: Gear for Tomb

Unread postby TheRell03 Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:15 pm

I personally find that hard to believe considering Kilt and Soul are BiS legendaries right now
Siars

Unread postby Siars Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:36 pm

Where do you see Kilt and Soul being BiS for Tomb? On Icy-Veins?
TheRell03

Unread postby TheRell03 Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 am

No, on here. If those 2 aren't BiS, which 2 are?
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:01 am

For ST fight T19 2pc + t20 4pc + archamage + Shard sims almost 100k dps higher from T20 4pc + Kilt + Archmage :)

Shoulders + Shard are slightly behind of archmage + Shard but this setup was used due to its huge aoe dmg.

Cheers,
Naustis
Forrader

Unread postby Forrader Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:52 pm

For ST fight T19 2pc + t20 4pc + archamage + Shard sims almost 100k dps higher from T20 4pc + Kilt + Archmage :)

Shoulders + Shard are slightly behind of archmage + Shard but this setup was used due to its huge aoe dmg.

Cheers,
Naustis
Here is a quote from Arcane discord by Feefhy about APL issues Hopefully he is not against that I quote him here. I wouldn't really trust to current comparison of soul+shard vs kilt+soul, it may be much different from what you mentioned.
Feefhy - 24.06.2017 11:13
There is few optimization that are yet to be done on the default APL which can value/devalue stats and legendaries a lot atm :

-Actual APL have a great (maybe even too great) conserve/mana management. It results in having too much mana and having trouble to burn everything down at the right time and will consequently overvaluing "Burn helpers" like Haste/Sephuz/etc... while Devaluing "Conserve helpers" like Mastery/Kilt/AM proc relics/etc... So take the sim results with a grain of salt
-Also, there is some CD management issues, that will sometimes not cast AP/PoM/MoA/RoP at the right moment resulting in the dps simmed being slightly lower than it should normally be as well as the T20 4P being undervalued.
-There are some others small things that can also play a role, but it's not as important as the 2 important ones being mentioned above

I'll try to fix those things as soon as possible (Soontm) but until then; I wanted everybody to be aware of those and not going full haste or thinking that T20 4P is completely trash or whatever...
arrZarr

Unread postby arrZarr Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:18 am

Disclaimer: I haven't simmed this, just looking from what I hope is a logical viewpoint

2pc 19 + 4pc 20 makes a lot of sense to me. Having extra AM procs (my testing with 19 2pc bonus on dummies results in ~15 AM per minute) means you'll be hammering PoM like there's no tomorrow for that juicy 10% buff. I admit that my dps legendaries are all out of tier slots - I use bracers and belt because that's what I've got but for what it's worth, it feels right with that balance.

Because carting around all legendaries and an entire tier set in my bags everywhere is going to be fun.
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:44 am

@Forrader

Thanks for the quote from discord. However, I did spend few hours testing both setups on dummy. And I was always getting slightly worse results with Kilt + Archmage. Kilt + Archmage is save option that is cool for progression, but if you want to pull more serious numbers you want to go with Archmage + Shard :) (at least for pure ST fight)
Dakodai

Unread postby Dakodai Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:20 pm

@Forrader

Thanks for the quote from discord. However, I did spend few hours testing both setups on dummy. And I was always getting slightly worse results with Kilt + Archmage. Kilt + Archmage is save option that is cool for progression, but if you want to pull more serious numbers you want to go with Archmage + Shard :) (at least for pure ST fight)
Great that it does more dps, but would we not still want the control that kilt offers?

Were you not running out of mana at all with soul of the Archmage?

Not only are you losing the mana gain from barrage, but you're also draining mana faster because your essentially playing with Temporal Flux.
<Inspiring life quote>
maynord

Unread postby maynord Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:02 pm

@Forrader

Great that it does more dps, but would we not still want the control that kilt offers?

Were you not running out of mana at all with soul of the Archmage?

Not only are you losing the mana gain from barrage, but you're also draining mana faster because your essentially playing with Temporal Flux.
The idea is to just accentuate what we're already good at, i.e. burst. The vast majority of our damage is frontloaded in AP/RoP phases, so any legendaries which make those phases even better (leggo rings and to a lesser extent Cord) make for pretty huge numbers. Especially in fights like Maiden, or in other fights with a tight enrage phase DPS check (*maybe* Desolate Host).

On pure ST fights, even in progression it will be a pretty good combo, but there are technically only 2 ST fights in Mythic ToS (Maiden + Avatar).
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Kilt+Archmage is saver and it can pull very nice numbers. Moreover, it does not require full T20 to work. That is why so many mages are playing Kilt + Archmage atm.
But the more gear we get the more archmage + Shard combo will be.

On HC archmage + Shard should be better on the following bosses:
- Goroth - pure ST
- Sisters - ST fight l
- Maiden - additional bł+ tf trait during dmg buff phase is huge
- KJ - there are adds but the interphase is like free Evo for us and additional burst with BL may be useful for pushing phase

On the remaibing fights mantles + Kilt will br awesome.
testacular

Unread postby testacular Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:45 pm

If you actually test that and have results (even on normal), post it here along with your ilvl.
Because from my experience, the Mantle pretty much sucks and you are still better off with the Shard. The mantle proc is just so random it might not proc at all when there are adds.
gurudox

Unread postby gurudox Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:28 pm

Mantle is really quite good for Harjatan, Sass'zine & Host. It's "meh" for Inquisition, though, and I would use shard instead.

I don't have great parses on all of the fights this clear (I'm a decidedly average player), but I did manage a pretty solid Sass'zine using Mantle: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3Y ... amage-done" target="_blank
testacular

Unread postby testacular Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:01 am

I'm a decidedly average player
Uh, if decidedly average players have parses of 98% performance then I will land in "decidedly complete shit" category I guess :D

But thanks for the data.
Purplefrost

Unread postby Purplefrost Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:13 pm

I'm a decidedly average player
Uh, if decidedly average players have parses of 98% performance then I will land in "decidedly complete shit" category I guess :D

But thanks for the data.
look at the other fights? lol

i think until the APL is worked out, the only way to find BiS is from in game testing. frustrating, but will provide the best results
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:24 am

If you actually test that and have results (even on normal), post it here along with your ilvl.
Because from my experience, the Mantle pretty much sucks and you are still better off with the Shard. The mantle proc is just so random it might not proc at all when there are adds.
Of course i did :) For example, Mistress where i did nearly 1.8M dps. Could be more with a bit better RNG. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... &boss=2037" target="_blank

Return to “Arcane”