Legendary choices for ToS

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Kylzix

Legendary choices for ToS

Unread postby Kylzix Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:31 pm

Hey guys, I'm coming back to my arcane mage after some time plating ele sham (I decided arcane is way too much fun, numbers and logs aside). Right now I've got Gravity Spiral, Rhonin's, and Cord of Infinity. A few questions:

1. Does SimC still have issues with GS? I don't know if I can trust the sims aND I wanted to check.

2. I hear the new cord is very strong. I've played with it a bit and it's fun having nuclear MoA, especially on aoe. Assuming simc still has issues with GS, would it be better to pair with rhonins or GS?

3. Is NH t19 4pc worth it to use with GS? I haven't been into ToS quite yet as I'm still catching up on ilvl (887 currently). And when I do get some t20 pieces, will I be switching off of GS?

I'm sure a lot of the answers will solve themselves if I can correctly sim GS, which is why I ask that first. Thanks a bunch in advance!
Cames

Re: Legendary choices for ToS

Unread postby Cames Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:16 pm

I will provide a bit of an indirect answer to your question.

Cord is a fine Legendary. Shard of the Exodar and Soul of the Archmage are likely stronger. The choice really is what mana management Legendary to pair with it. Kilt is of course the best, but Gravity Spiral is solid. I would say that Gravity Spiral is more reliable than Rhonnin's. It will not simulate properly but Simulationcraft struggles with proper execution of Arcane anyway.

The 4P T19 is fine, but I have already broken it as we enter ToS. As far as I can tell, they have never fixed the bug with back to back AMs and having Kilt I can do pretty well in managing mana with dps.
Kylzix

Unread postby Kylzix Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:24 pm

Thanks for the reply. I've been hoping for either shard or soul but I've only got those three right now. It sounds like right now cord+GS is the way to go.

I feel like I some some patch notes a while ago that fixed the 4pc bug but I could be mistaken. If I get kilt I will likely swith to that. Sounds like I shouldn't be too worried about maintaining t19 4pc, especially if it is t20 or substantial ilvl upgrades (I'm stuck with 860 lfr gloves).
Choby

Unread postby Choby Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:22 pm

Im not sure if shard and archmage are the best choices.

Its true that shard/archmage sims a bit higher but the statswight falls off compared to archmage/kilt
The other problem is the mana managment und the 4pieceT20 in the conv phase. Even with 40% mastery you dont regenerat mana without blowing out with 3 arcane stacks, this makes our damage fall of harder. So every movement or interupt in the burst phase makes us lose to much dmg.
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:31 pm

Its true that shard/archmage sims a bit higher but the statswight falls off compared to archmage/kilt
The other problem is the mana managment und the 4pieceT20 in the conv phase. Even with 40% mastery you dont regenerat mana without blowing out with 3 arcane stacks, this makes our damage fall of harder. So every movement or interupt in the burst phase makes us lose to much dmg.
Archmage + shard sims 100k dps higher than archmage + kilt due to T19 + T20 combo :)

For any fight where you BL on pull shard + archmage will be a lot better. IF you don't bl on pull use archmage + kilt. If there are contant adds use kilt + mantles.
Levender

Unread postby Levender Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:20 pm

Archmage + shard sims 100k dps higher than archmage + kilt due to T19 + T20 combo :)

For any fight where you BL on pull shard + archmage will be a lot better. IF you don't bl on pull use archmage + kilt. If there are contant adds use kilt + mantles.
Definitely agree with this. I personally think for most hard progression fights, Kilt and Archmage will be the go to.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:12 am

So what crit mastery and shard archmage for single target?.

The above poster is right though, if you have to move during your burn you'll get a shitty parse.
Belegûl

Unread postby Belegûl Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:48 pm

I just saw your logs and gotta say that I am really impressed. You must be one of the best arcane mages at the moment. So, if anyone is reading his comment and doubt, I'm sure Naustis knows what he is saying.

That been said, I will be using kilt and archmage for single target cause i don't have two tier 19 pieces with good ilv and I'm pretty sure that it will be fine, so don't worry too much about that if you are in the same situation, but if you can combo T19+T20, go with the two legendary rings as Naustis says.
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:13 pm

So what crit mastery and shard archmage for single target?.

The above poster is right though, if you have to move during your burn you'll get a shitty parse.
If you have to move during burn you will have shitty parse regardless if you have kilt or double ring combo.

Stat value does not when using double rings. Mastery is still the weakest stat.
davesignal

Unread postby davesignal Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:12 am

Hey, you're pretty on the ball-- say I have Mantle, Shard, and Gravity Spiral for DPS legendaries (swapped from my priest late in the expansion), no T20, and 4/4 T19 available to me (as well as off-set pieces). What legendaries would you go with, Naustis?
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:43 am

Hey, you're pretty on the ball-- say I have Mantle, Shard, and Gravity Spiral for DPS legendaries (swapped from my priest late in the expansion), no T20, and 4/4 T19 available to me (as well as off-set pieces). What legendaries would you go with, Naustis?
Mantle + shard is more dps, and mantles really nice support 4x ab + arb rotation which you use a lot if you don't have kilt.

However, shard + gravity will be much saver setup. You may go for it if you are not sure that you can handle playing Arcane without mana legendary.

Return to “Arcane”