A guide is already out. (you can delete this thread)

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Dakodai

A guide is already out. (you can delete this thread)

Unread postby Dakodai Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:43 am

Hi there,

I've been browsing the Arcane thread lately and I didn't see an updated 7.2.5 guide yet.

Anyone working on it?

I've never written an actual guide, but by all means I will be happy to try.

EDIT: I have decided to just go for it and try.
If you're a decent Arcane mage and you have useful information or suggestions as to what should be in the guide: Please leave a comment! I will be sure to credit you properly for any help.

I'll adress as much as I can, things I have in mind is:

* explaining talents in depth, including niches.
* legendary ranking, not just based on sims but considering what ones you currently have, which one synergize well and in what situation.
* going over the rotation in depth including the new trinket usage and tier set bonuses.
* fight to fight tactics, positioning and how to parse well based on log observations.
* suggest addons and macros for qol improvement.

If you have any suggestions then don't hesitate to contact me via PM as well.

Cheers!

It seems I started too late, and someone already did a guide. Sorry folks.
Last edited by Dakodai on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:16 am, edited 8 times in total.
<Inspiring life quote>
maynord

Re: Is anyone working on an updated 7.2.5 guide for Arcane?

Unread postby maynord Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:09 am

AFAIK not yet, a new guide could be quite helpful. Our talents/legendary meta hasn't really changed much, but it would ideally help to have a guide written by a mythic raider who actually mains Arcane (and doesn't dabble in it for shits and giggles on mythic farm).

If you do decide to write the guide, I have one request: please give talents and legendaries actual attention, make sure the research has actually been done. Even if specific talents/leggos aren't popular they still deserve an explanation as to why they might be sub-par. Norgannon's and Temporal Flux are good examples -- they're rarely if ever used, but try not to say "because reasons". Truthfully, even garbage talents/legendaries have extremely niche uses which should be explained.
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:17 am

Yo.

If you decide to try I may help you a bit. Mythic raiding Arcane mage here. I may have some useful information that you can use. <- too lazy to write huge guid .QQ
Dakodai

Unread postby Dakodai Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:13 am

Well, I'm not a huge mythic raider (yet, altough i did raid mythic NH).
so maybe some info would be really useful, Naustis.

I am willing to do all the research that would be deemed useful.

I have more or less all the legendaries and some experience on where I use them, save for maybe the new shoulders.
Have done a good deal of dabbling in all the talents and seeing how they could be used.

I guess I'll just start writing and we'll see where it ends up eh?
<Inspiring life quote>
Corpze

Unread postby Corpze Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:43 am

Hey. I've been playing Arcane for a few years now and I have raided this entire expac as arcane too. I was hoping to possibly help out in developing a 7.2.5 guide. If you're interested send me a Btag invite Corpze#1730

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... orpz%C3%AB" target="_blank
Vorrum

Unread postby Vorrum Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:14 pm

Well, I'm not a huge mythic raider (yet, altough i did raid mythic NH).
so maybe some info would be really useful, Naustis.

I am willing to do all the research that would be deemed useful.

I have more or less all the legendaries and some experience on where I use them, save for maybe the new shoulders.
Have done a good deal of dabbling in all the talents and seeing how they could be used.

I guess I'll just start writing and we'll see where it ends up eh?
Research the best races for arcane as they currently stand. The old guide is outdated and it is info you can find nowhere. I would generally search for info you cant find and then put that in your own guide.
Zlimex

Re: Working on a 7.2.5 Arcane guide! >Post suggestions here!

Unread postby Zlimex Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:47 pm

Hey, arcane main here that play in a semi-hardcore guild. Been playing arcane since about the middle of NH progression, so I would say I know it pretty well. Currently 924 ilvl equipped, and id love to share any knowlage ive come across playing arcane for this long.

Ask me any questions you'd like to know, and ill try to come up with a good answer for it.

Wowprogress link: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... est/Zlimex" target="_blank
Calypssai

Re: Working on a 7.2.5 Arcane guide! >Post suggestions here!

Unread postby Calypssai Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:52 pm

Please post a video going over rotation in depth for 7.2.5. There are a couple out there, but in both videos they say "oh, I messed up" and they only show one iteration of the rotation (one burn and one conserve). I would be interested to see how other arcane mages adapt to the cooldowns not lining up and to see how rotation changes for different legendaries.

Return to “Arcane”