ToS Tier - Even worth?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Vorrum

ToS Tier - Even worth?

Unread postby Vorrum Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:16 am

Honestly how good are the bonuses for arcane for this tier gear? I only see benefit in the opening or if you have the kilt and mid fight barrage then use PoM to get your charges back. The 10% for 6 seconds is negligible I feel.

Would it be wrong to just put ANY higher ilvl gear on and break these set bonuses?
testacular

Re: ToS Tier - Even worth?

Unread postby testacular Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:16 pm

I have pretty much the same problem myself - I only own 2 piece ATM and the difference seems really low. I even have the Kilt but I do not face mana issues so the extra discharge you can get from this isn't all that great.

Also, I tried to use this instead of CU (taking Resonance instead) but this didn't prove any better (and SIM-wise it was worse). Furthermore, simming myself with other, slightly higher ilvl, gear instead of 2-piece set gives almost identical results.

Don't get me wrong, I know how to use that bonus dmg - stack it with as many other bonuses as possible. But 6 sec is just a joke, that's like 2 spells, really, 3 if odds are in your favor.
And if you add Whispers trinket into the mix, you get ton of proc/CD stuff which easily desyncs :-/

All in all I feel that our set adds unwanted complexity into the mix for very miniscule DPS gain.
Might be different with 4-set....I hope it is, because the current state feels really weak compared to our previous (NH) set bonus.
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Double ring t19 2pc + t20 pc is bis for st fight.

If you want to use kilt full t20 from mythic should be stronger than t19 2pc + t20 pc.
Sadlo

Unread postby Sadlo Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Double Ring, 2p 4p sims highest for me (I have all legies and i'm 936) I won't use that set up, but for you min maxers out there. .. i just enjoy the playstyle of kilt way more.

Return to “Arcane”