Tier 21

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Arindiel

Tier 21

Unread postby Arindiel Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:49 am

I know its still a bit early on the PTR but blizzard showed during Legion that they dont change/improve much when it comes to Arcane Mages.
I have been testing tier21 with all legendary combinations as well with all possible spell rotation options and talents.
Tier 21 as it is now does less dps for me than Tier 20(which is also a bad design)and on live servers i have -7ilvl and i still do waaay more dps.

Anyone else feels that they should change it so the 8%damage buff applies when we GAIN charges(instead of when spending them as blizzard has it at the moment)and that the haste buff should apply when we SPEND charges so it makes our conserve phase better?
This way we can utilize Charged Up in opener and gain +8% damage buff AND when conserving(4*Arcane Blasts and Barrage to spend charges)we will have the chance to gain haste.

Am i the only one that thinks that the way tier21 currently is,is the stupidest design Blizzard has done in Legion for Arcane Mages?
Cinderquill

Re: Tier 21

Unread postby Cinderquill Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:05 am

I know its still a bit early on the PTR but blizzard showed during Legion that they dont change/improve much when it comes to Arcane Mages.
I have been testing tier21 with all legendary combinations as well with all possible spell rotation options and talents.
Tier 21 as it is now does less dps for me than Tier 20(which is also a bad design)and on live servers i have -7ilvl and i still do waaay more dps.

Anyone else feels that they should change it so the 8%damage buff applies when we GAIN charges(instead of when spending them as blizzard has it at the moment)and that the haste buff should apply when we SPEND charges so it makes our conserve phase better?
This way we can utilize Charged Up in opener and gain +8% damage buff AND when conserving(4*Arcane Blasts and Barrage to spend charges)we will have the chance to gain haste.

Am i the only one that thinks that the way tier21 currently is,is the stupidest design Blizzard has done in Legion for Arcane Mages?
I lowkey feel like T19 2pc + T20 2pc + T21 2 pc will be pretty killer IF you have high enough ilvl pieces for the earlier tiers. Plus, T20 2pc with T21 2pc you can barrage then pop PoM then arcane power and start nuking shit
Naustis

Unread postby Naustis Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:59 am

T21...i hope they will change it soon. These bonuses are only not so trash when you are playing double ring because with then you barrage all the time :d
maynord

Unread postby maynord Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:10 pm

I hope they change it too, has there been a post on the forums about it?

2pc is fine IMO, just needs some QoL fixing -- your 8% damage buff will be replaced by a lower % buff if you happen to Barrage again after, with less charges.

4pc is garbage as usual, like every other set bonus this tier. The proc rate is so insanely low and 20% haste for such a short amount of time is hardly that great.

Would much much rather they keep 2 pc as it is, and make 4 piece based on Elemental T18 4pc: every Xth charge you generate will give you a 20% haste buff for a few seconds. This is much less RNG based and allows us to try and line it up with other CDs like a minigame. There's so much RNG in our kit as it is already.

Return to “Arcane”