ST damage with new legendary

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Filone

ST damage with new legendary

Unread postby Filone Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:53 pm

Hello guys,

First of all i'm not a native english speaker, sry for my bad english. My name is Filone and i'm playing since mop wow and mage since legion. This is my first post in this forum, although i'm a silent reader since i'm playing mage. I decided to play arcane mage, because im not a big fan of frost and fire and feel like arcane is the most fun out off all mage specs.

But i have to admit it is the most complicated spec out of the mages. So i got a couple of questions, and i hope i can find sone answers here.

q1: i just got the soul of the archmage legendary. had the head+belt, now soul of am + belt (working on kilt + soul of am because it seems to be bis). but im running more often of mana. how does the conserve rotation change?

q2: my bomb dmg is quite high ( mistress and haj around 1,5 mil dps, kj is also quite high around 900k-1m dps) but all other bosses are quite low (goroth, sisters, maiden etc. 750k-800kdps) although i sim with 920k st dps at 915 gearscore. what am i doing wrong or how sould the st rotation look like?

i can post my armory and logs.

hope i can get some answers and find people which enjoy playibg arcane.

filone
Lazyhealer

Re: ST damage with new legendary

Unread postby Lazyhealer Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:43 pm

Post a link to your logs. Conserve is basically build to 4 arcane charges, using your missiles, and then dumping. You build with arcane blast on st and arcane explosion on 2+ targets.

The ring gives you extra haste so it becomes a thing of you having to conserve earlier like right after your evocation or your mastery is really low. What do your weights look like? I'd have to see your logs to see if you're properly using arcane power/rune and such.
Kalstrom

Unread postby Kalstrom Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Q2, your aluneth explosion at the end does aoe damage. So to get big numbers you use it just before adds spawn to make it explode on the adds
Filone

Unread postby Filone Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Lazyhealer

Unread postby Lazyhealer Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:46 am

One thing I've noticed instantly from looking at your log is that your ilvl parse is good. Which means the amount of intellect you have or secondary stats is a factor in holding you back.

It looks like you're either not getting any arcane missile procs at all or you're clipping them/wasting stacks of it. When you're at 2 stacks of arcane missiles and you're in the middle of casting arcane blast then always cast missiles after the arcane blast cast so you aren't put in a position of casting arcane blast with 3 stacks of missiles already. I personally keep 1 stack on me on some fights so I can use it for movement with slipstream but 90% of the time you just want to use it to kill an add or just throw out more damage.

If you're clipping your missile casts with other things then you have to pay more attention to not cast anything to interrupt your arcane missile channels or use a macro on your spells so they just can't clip.

This is my arcane blast macro.
#showtooltip
/cast [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Arcane Blast

What this means is that when arcane missiles is casting, when I press arcane blast it won't cast unless the channel is done.

I use the macro for arcane blast, arcane missiles, arcane explosion, and arcane barrage. There is a thing where you can "force" your arcane missiles to fire off the extra 3 missiles from the trait in your weapon. The macro doesn't let you do it since you can't "refresh" the arcane missile cast without interrupting it. It's a 1.9% increase to your overall dps to it but it's also hard to consistently do it.

Overall you look like you know how to play. Your rotation is probably different with spiral as mine also did when I used it. Your runes don't get wasted, you're actually using the rune buff. Arcane power lines up with runes and you're not recasting it in the middle of AP. Your arcane mage parses will get better with gear since you're playing well enough to parse in ilvl. And fixing your arcane missile play should give you a lot more damage. You can check the arcane guide that was recently updated to make sure you're doing the burn/mini burn/conserve phases correctly if you like.
Filone

Unread postby Filone Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:24 pm

thanks for the answer. i have an aditional question: do i use missles in my burst? it doesnt seem right cuz i want to burn my mana when i use ap and missles was for me like a "manareg" mechanix, because it doesnt need mana and i dont want to desinc my evocation. + when do i use evocation after my burst? i usualy use it at 20% mana
Lazyhealer

Unread postby Lazyhealer Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:13 pm

You want to use missiles if you are at 3 stacks. You can decide on instantly casting at 2 stacks after casting AB or letting your stacks get to 3 and risk wasting a stack if you're chaining AB's during your AP.

Return to “Arcane”