[7.3.5] Arcane Mage M+ Guide

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Maeluri

Re: [7.3.0] Arcane Mage M+ Guide

Unread postby Maeluri Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:48 am

I just have a couple of questions.
1. How exactly does the magic DR work on prismatic barrier work when you are being hit with a massive magic attack like Hyrja's Arcing Bolt or Dantallionax's Shadow Bolt Volley; does the DR have effect on the entirety of the magic attack or just the damage that the barrier absorbs? (also what exactly counts as a magic effect).

2. Do you think Arcane Explosion relics deserve a heavier weight for M+ than in the sims you've linked? (this also goes for other multitarget relics)

3. I really enjoy your WA group for arcane, I'm wondering if you're using the glow on ABarr to track your charges or if you have your UI set up so class bar is easy and quick to see.

4. What do you think of Arcane T21 in dungeons specifically (same on PTR as in the adventure guide on 7.3 live afaik).

5. Lastly do you have any advice for handling use trinkets CDs? When swapping them on/off I often find myself not doing it at the right time and a lot of the time I'm wondering if it's even worth to switch them on/off in the first place.

This might be quite a bit to read through/respond to, so I don't see anything wrong in ignoring some of my questions as they are not all as relevant (I've listed them in the order that I'm most interested in getting responses)
Zayele

Re: [7.3.2] Arcane Mage M+ Guide

Unread postby Zayele Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:47 pm

Do you have any suggestions for Hymdall in HoV? I generally have issues sustaining good DPS on this boss due to the amount of movement there (and getting targetted by a blade in my opener. . .) ><
Bhallspawn

Unread postby Bhallspawn Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:52 pm

On bosses such as he you ALWAYS wait few sec and see where he will toss his crap then start with your burst rotation.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:48 pm

for hymdall drop your rop then go all the way to the right of it, then if you get targeted but the blade run to your left and you should be able to get the full use out of it.
Makz

Unread postby Makz Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:45 am

for hymdall drop your rop then go all the way to the right of it, then if you get targeted but the blade run to your left and you should be able to get the full use out of it.
Unfortunately the blade moves and has really poor animation(hits 1 or so extra yards outside of the animation). It might be easier to simply drop the rune right after the blade.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:06 am

On bosses such as he you ALWAYS wait few sec and see where he will toss his crap then start with your burst rotation.
It also gives you a chance to load up the 3 AMs and go full-out into the burn
kevin08

Re: [7.3.5] Arcane Mage M+ Guide

Unread postby kevin08 Mon May 07, 2018 11:52 am

Thanks for this wonderful guide.
rizog

Unread postby rizog Tue May 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Thanks for this wonderful guide.
Also check out Frost Mage..
david09

Unread postby david09 Wed May 09, 2018 2:40 pm

Huh, I was wondering about using missiles during AP. I have just been blast spamming during the buff because I figured less mana spent during that phase means I can fit more blasts in before conserve phase. I recently started at least using missiles at 3 stacks during the buff. Should I use all the procs I get during AP or use like normal to keep from capping?
Byzantine

Unread postby Byzantine Mon May 28, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi all,

Apologize if the question has already been adked, but

Should i cast second RoP under Arcane Power. If so, then I lose ~2 seconds of cooldown, but if not I lose ~ 30% additional damage for 2 seconds :)
Julia

Unread postby Julia Tue May 29, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi all,

Should i cast second RoP under Arcane Power. If so, then I lose ~2 seconds of cooldown, but if not I lose ~ 30% additional damage for 2 seconds :)
Cast RoP first and AP after. The value from AP is more important than the value from RoP. So you'd want as little time wasted from the AP buff.
Cobalt314

Unread postby Cobalt314 Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Hi all,

Cast RoP first and AP after. The value from AP is more important than the value from RoP. So you'd want as little time wasted from the AP buff.
I think you misunderstood the question. They were asking if, once the first RoP expires under AP, it's better to put a second rune in the AP or wait until afterward.

And to answer the original question, yes, there has been a discussion on this, and it was concluded that if you can get in at least three more Arcane Blasts after the second RoP, before AP ends, then you should place it. If not, then save it until after AP ends.

Return to “Arcane”