Arcane new spell animations

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Kalstrom

Arcane new spell animations

Unread postby Kalstrom Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:45 am

So after a couple of raids with the guild, they have been saying that the new arcane explosion is horrible to play alongside as the graphics of the spell are really lets put it, in your face too much... :s

My personal opinion on the new spell effects are that the Arcane Barrage is a lot worse, it feels and sounds weak compared to the old barrage which was a lot bigger, it also looks just like Flurry from frost, the missiles are neither here nor there, the blast is probably the only positive change for me.

Also my character seems to bug out and do a moonwalk, in which it freezes in place and nothing moves unless you die and re spawn, reloading does not work.. is anyone else facing this problem?

Also thoughts on the new spell animations?
brayden

Re: Arcane new spell animations

Unread postby brayden Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:50 am

I'
ve also been getting a lot of dislike from the guild for hitting arcane explosion too - although I'm happy it's not just me! I do feel as if they should increase the size of the barrage for every arcane charge you have?
Last edited by brayden on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ribbit

Unread postby Ribbit Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:09 pm

I've been getting the same complaints in raids when it comes to aoe packs. As the caster i don't mind it, but others complain about the new AE spam. As for the other things you say i have to agree, barrage especially looks weak, and i have had my character model get stuck in the explosion pose at least once.

The real killer for me though is the lack of noticable sound per missile fired.

If the made barrage larger, made missile sounds louder and made AE only visible to the caster (or at least very toned down to the raid), i know i'd be happier, and so would my raid.
Kalstrom

Unread postby Kalstrom Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:13 am

Yeah i would agree that barrage should be changed to amount of arcane charges you have when you fire it, the more charges, the bigger the barrage.
Arcane explosion needs to be toned down quite a bit, it doesnt help that the trait makes there be twice as many arcane explosions...
Missiles sound just so light and whispy, i prefer the old sound, i totally agree on the amount of sound per missile is lacking

Hopefully they make some changes, but as soon as i pick up fire bracers i may have to leave arcane for a while
Kataii

Unread postby Kataii Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:52 am

Ran a mythic + Tuesday after the patch and everyone was trying to get out of my explosion, thinking it was a new affix .. was pretty funny. I agree its over the top. I really like the new missiles tho, looks more like missiles than a beam.
Kelmor

Unread postby Kelmor Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:47 am

Hab the first Raid after the Patch yesterday, and the Raidleader screamed at me to go out of the CCgroup with that Effekt.^^ Very funny. I just love the new AE. Such a cool upgrade, maybe to load, yes. I noticed, that I started to hit the AE-Button after a jump, because it's a stylish landing. 8-)

Millhouse Manastorm is normaly with me on Worldquests, he has still the old Missiles, well he's still wearing T1, so I gess ist an Expression of his oldschool Charakter...
Mana,need Mana.
Clutchykins

Unread postby Clutchykins Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:16 am

I can't help but feel that they are Blizzard's way of telling us to play a different spec, so I'm already farming Fire legendaries. Explosion is too much, missiles feels weak, the new animations feel like wet noodles to be honest.
Greddy

Unread postby Greddy Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:31 pm

I like all of the arcane changes except the sound of missiles. Personally I think they didn't have to change it, I was happy as it was (dunno about others). The sound was pretty unique and it sounded powerful. The old sound could have been made even better probably, but the ''evolution'' just sounds weak to me.

I very much like the graphical style of new missiles, but the sound is like wet towels flying through the air, not some superpowered hard hitting spell.
I also miss when hot streak had sound the achievemets has, I felt like infernal furnace. But that's just me whinning:D
Ava

Unread postby Ava Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:21 pm

I like all the new animations and sounds, especially for Arcane, though I do understand there are concerns regarding health issues with AE for some. Regardless of that, I will continue to blast away.

Return to “Arcane”