Mantle of the First Kirin Tor Help

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
brayden

Mantle of the First Kirin Tor Help

Unread postby brayden Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:01 am

Hey! I recently received the [Mantle of the First Kirin Tor] and I was just wondering if I should be hitting arcane barrages during Arcane Power or just explosions? Also, during my conserve rotation, should I be attempting to hit barrages whenever I reach 4 arcane charges, or for mana conservation with kilt? Thanks!
testacular

Re: Mantle of the First Kirin Tor Help

Unread postby testacular Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:00 am

Losing your charges during AP without the ability to instantly regain at least 3 (e.g. 3 targets around) is usually a loss.

That being said, you can make use of 2-piece set bonus and save your POM to instantly gain them and continue burning AE. Basically, you can toss out barrage, and based on whether Mantle procs or not, you either just press more AE (untill barrage is off CD again) or you press POM and then AE.

Or, like I do (and I will say ahead of time that I do not have sims for this and cant be bothered to do them) - you take Arcane orb talent along with Mantle.
That way, you can Barrage and based on whether Mantle procs or not, you still have your talent + POM. This combo will let you stay at 4 charges most of the time while fully using Barrage during whole AP (unless you manage not to proc Mantle a single time - tough luck then).

And if you use Kilt on top of this, you basically never run out of mana (the AE casted at max charges will take approx same amount of mana as barrage recharges, depends on yout haste which is probably top stat in 4-target scenario).

NOTE: All of the above is for AOE situations, ideally with 4 and more targets, it still works with 3 targets, it's just a tiny bit less awesome. In any case, it's NOT a cleave.
Naustis

Re: Mantle of the First Kirin Tor Help

Unread postby Naustis Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:52 pm

If mobs will live for more than 4 gc always go 4x ae -> barrage with mantles. It gives more dps than just spamming ae during ap.

Return to “Arcane”