Log question

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Dontblink

Log question

Unread postby Dontblink Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:17 pm

So, we've been progressing through mythic and I find that I'm staying fairly consistent with the raid damage numbers but it seems like I can never parse too high.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HY ... &source=20
This is my log for goroth and it just seems like the DPS is low and I was wondering if I am doing something wrong or it's just gear.
I do not have the Mythic Nighthold 2 piece and honestly rarely find time for the miniburn because I'm trying to save POM for the next burn phase and I don't have enough missle process to securely get it back.
Any help would be super helpful! I know there's only 330 people parsing mythic goroth but if they are anywhere it's here lol
timmywitt

Re: Log question

Unread postby timmywitt Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:04 pm

I think you're doing fine for a ST boss on mythic. Your parse puts you just above 50th percentile of mythic arcane mages, and we are dead last on that boss at that percentile: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics ... dataset=50

I will say, for whatever reason, your damage spikes do not appear as sharp as other arcane parses I've seen. Might look into what order you cast for cranking into your burn phase? Here's the top arcane mage on our realm, you can see a bit sharper peaks? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hR ... e&source=9

You used both lusts, you lined up all of your CDs nicely...there's just no adds to arcane explosion. There are some theoretical gains with dual ring legendaries (debated) and the sims usually suggest Aegwynn's Imperative nowadays instead of Ethereal Sensitivity (though there's a movement argument in there).

I'd say hope Antorus has tons of adds. :(
Dontblink

Unread postby Dontblink Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:33 am

I can see that he delayed his second burst to align mark of aluneth and sentinel medallion go into it as well which I think is the main difference in the second spike and third spike because the first one is similar.
Thank you for your reply!
I just love Arcane and I don't want to let it die hahaha
Asirand

Unread postby Asirand Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:03 pm

Hello, 5/9M Arcane Mage here. Some thing that may help with your ST damage, is you should definitely be having a secondary burst in between each AP. How I typically like to do this is my PoM is coming off cooldown at about 30-45 seconds left on my AP. So once I have 10 seconds left on PoM cd, I start banking arcane missiles (good to save one or two anyway for movement), and make sure I have a RoP up. I keep 4 charges, pop RoP, I PoM, dump 2 missiles (they get buffed by PoM and RoP). then you AB x 2 and hopefully you got some more missile procs. if not you keep casting AB/AM until you get to about 60% mana or the RoP runs out. So in theory it would look something like this.

(PoM coming up in 10 seconds)
Barrage
Arcane blast x4
Rune of Power
PoM
Arcane Missiles x 2
Arcane Blast x2
AM when you get a proc or AB till mana=60% or RoP is gone
Go back to conserve phase.

The 60% mana break line is dependent on leggos and mastery. This can shift drastically and down even into 30% with kilt. Just need to be comfortable enough for you to figure out what exactly you break point is. Also if you are unlucky with procs and there's 35 seconds or less on AP do not do this, at that point it would be better to save it for that AP. It may be a good idea to use the AM proc chance relic, its definitely a significant boost for that.

Return to “Arcane”