Lets talk about Arcane T21 and more

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Deax

Lets talk about Arcane T21 and more

Unread postby Deax Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:39 am

Hello everyone !

Well, first all i apologize for my fail english.

I wanna know your feeling, about the arcane spec with the T21 set + some trinket from the antorus raid. I personnaly feel like the Kilt isn't needed anymore due to the huge amount of stats/buff especially mastery buffs from some trinkets plus the bonus from our full set is a => go to destack as much as you can, ive done many test and find that RoP isn't that good anymore, the gameplay doesn't get better but the overall damages are awesome, it really feels like a good up on ST and 2-3Targets. Ive find an other good up from Unstable magic, since our procc of arcane missiles doesn't happen so often, the amount of master we gain from trinkets/set and haste makes it(UM) better on 1-2-3targets. The haste is even more important than it was before. Im happy about thoses changes even if the gameplay is going to be a lil bit more easier. I might be wrong but thats what i feel !
Marsel

Re: Lets talk about Arcane T21 and more

Unread postby Marsel Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:02 pm

actually, i think we got the best bonus so far.

Fires mages have a 6% increase damage on their combustion and it extended to 17 sec instead of 15...
Frost mages got an upgrade of flurry so the spell got 3 bolts, two bolts gain the set effect being an up of 16.6% damage on flurry (atm flurry is around 20% of their damages) and they lost the t19 2pc so -5% chance to proc brain freeze. And one ice lance at 25% after a flurry dont compensate for the reduction of Frozen's Orb CDs.
Their t20 2pc arent that good combined to the 4pc t21 but for mage arcane, that's gonna rock so hard.

Bonus of 10% damage during 6 sec, that's "generate" (litteraly that what s written on the set effect) so 32% chance to get your 20% haste, your conserve phase will always have a 16% damage buff, Mark of aluneth will have a 26% damage always up (due to the same cd on PoM).

And during your burst phase, always 76% more damages during 8 sec followed by 6 sec at 60%. I think that's more generous than fire mages bonus who dont have the damage buff outside their burst.

And at least, the 4 pc bonus... so when ppl are struggling to get 1% in a secondary stats, we have 8% chance to gain 20% haste...

So ppl are whining that's doesnt up really up our burst phase but that s incredibly boost the conserve phase who is the greatest weakness of the arcane mage.

That s what i think
Ilmarinen

Unread postby Ilmarinen Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:30 am

Well, I have played all the progress of ToS with 2p of T19 and 4p of T20. I'm very linked to the amazing bonus of 2pT19 (5% of luck of Arcanes Missiles).

For Antorus, i dont know if i need to remove the 2pT19, cause ilvl begin to be very low, compared of T21. (I have shoulder 890 heroic and gloves 910 heroic). I have an global ilvl of 931 with that.
So, for Antorus, 2p19 + 4p21 can be ok or i really need to remove that 2p19?
And a last question... Have you found a BISlist for Arcanes Mage for Antorus? (I play with the 2 legendaries rings)
HailValhalla

Unread postby HailValhalla Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:06 pm

Hey Ilmarinen,

i can only show u this link: http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T21_Raid.html
- scroll down and click on "T21_Mage_Arcane : 2249220 dps"
- scroll further down to "Gear" and u see with what gear the top sim was made

Keep in mind that this was on a patchwerk style fight, but it looks like we go for 4p T21 + Double Ring Legy. For Trinkets we still use Owl and Legy Aman'Thul
Abscond

Unread postby Abscond Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:54 pm

Sims are 100% irrelevant at this point of the patch.
Nothing will change except we occasionally cast faster in conserve.
Pants will still be better than double ring for AoE with shoulders and still double ring for st honestly wouldn't be surprised if st used 2p2p2p
Swigswooty

Unread postby Swigswooty Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:30 pm

I wouldn't say the only thibg that changes is casting faster. There are skight chablnges to the rotation to accomadate the t21 2pc as well as using charged up for ST. I would agree that you shouldn't look too much into sims atm. There will be a hotfix the week of or week after release for balance. After that gets released it'll be easier to get everything figured out.
Roku

Unread postby Roku Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:16 am

I just hope I don't need to run tier 20 anymore, it felt so messy lining up PoM correctly even with 4p sometimes, but I'm not a good arcane mage so I don't know really, I don't even know how the rotation will turn out.

Return to “Arcane”