Arcane Mage - What Setup should u play ?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
HailValhalla

Arcane Mage - What Setup should u play ?

Unread postby HailValhalla Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:19 pm

As the next Tier comes nearer and nearer, i am starting to think about how u should gear in terms of Tier-Set and Trinkets.

Should u go for T20 2p and T21 4p - but then without the legendary legs, or simply T21 4p with the lego legs ?
And what Trinkets should u aim for ? I am guessing probably the legendary Aman'Thul, but in combination with what ?
Swigswooty

Re: Arcane Mage - What Setup should u play ?

Unread postby Swigswooty Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:06 pm

If you look on simulationcraft for t21 atm, its looking like t20 2 pc with t21 4pc using double legendary rings will be the go to for pure st. Also its looking like charged up will be a good talent to take on st with that setup and youd be using amunthuls with owl for trinkets. I for one always like having to use new talents and change up my rotation so i welcome it instead of just auto defaulting to resonance. Of course those are just sims and your gear and leggos will change deoending on the fights. From what i understand there are few pure st fights in antorus. I'm peronally interested to see what tier sets people use with say soul/kilt setup, as well as if something like sheath of ashzara will replace owl at a certain item lv.
Cobalt314

Unread postby Cobalt314 Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:12 pm

From my own simming, a 930 owl is better than all other trinkets at 960 for pure ST damage. For AoE fights, or if you can't use owl, go with Injector or Decimator. Terminus Beacon is also good for big AoE fights (Eonar, etc).
Swigswooty

Unread postby Swigswooty Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Hmmm thats a shame. Was looking forward to some of the trinkets. Although with a stat stick in amunthuls and owl for your trinkets theres much less rng in terms of dmg output as opposed to whispers/ terror procs. Of course raids with more antorus trinkets will benefit most from amunthuls itll still be better i think.
Swigswooty

Unread postby Swigswooty Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:19 pm

Another thing i've thought about is AOE in antorus. Initial thoughts would be to use double 2 pc and mantle/kilt for Mistress type fights. This gives you basically 100% uptime on t21 2 pc considering how frequently you cast ABar. What im hoping is the case though, is a new setup revolving around maximizing the t21 4pc. It would still use mantle/kilt but you would talent into arcane orb and focus on fishing for t21 4pc procs. There are top parses on Mistress using arcane orb already and the t21 4pc helps it evrn further. Youd barrage and if mantle doesnt proc youd hard cast orb. In general youd spend more time at 3-4 charges making AE deal more damage and have more uptime on your 4pc. This is of course assuming adds are up for a lengthy portion of the fight as well as assuming arcane orb procs your 4pc. Arcane orb crits alsp help toward the injector trinket. This is all speculation though. Looking forward to see how Antorus plays out.

Return to “Arcane”