When to use Norgannon's Prowess?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
E4gleScout

When to use Norgannon's Prowess?

Unread postby E4gleScout Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:32 am

Hello all -

I currently use a socket-ed heroic iLvl915 Owl and a heroic ilvl915 Terror from Below as my trinkets. I was fortunate enough to loot Norgannon's Prowess so the question is - when would Norgannon be viable? When I did simc - replacing Terror with Norgannon yielded the highest result by roughly 1200 or so. I understand the aoe benefit from Terror, but the overall damage seems beefier with Norgannon. When looking through current Antorus WarcarftLogs - almost universally everyone is still using Owl+Terror. Could be due to not having the trinket - but I am interested in other opinions as we will collectively be looting this trinket.

Thanks for your $0.02
Elvick on the Earthen-Ring server
Shazzio

Re: When to use Norgannon's Prowess?

Unread postby Shazzio Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:27 pm

There is no AoE benefit to using Terror-- the damage is split between all the targets, so it's pretty bad on anything other than single target. You would probably see more of a benefit from using Norgannon's, especially as it already seems to be outsimming your TfB. Norgannon's will also only get stronger as the tier continues, I would say replacing is a safe bet.

The reason why most logs show Owl+Terror is because most people don't have Aman'Thul's/Norganonn's/Acrid yet, or didn't when those logs were generated. That's legit the only reason.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:58 pm

you should replace instantly, it's a very good trinket that can proc back to back.
Abscond

Unread postby Abscond Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:25 pm

Really don't have much wiggle room with trinkets.
Bird for st
Bombard trinket aoe
I don't think injector is that good and until legendary trinket Norgannons is probably going to be perma equip in every situation unless you get high tf of one of the non on use trinkets. First boss trinket isn't actually that bad and you'd have to think since he's first boss mythic you'll see some nice tfs only issue is 40yard AoE.
Saiirod

Unread postby Saiirod Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:22 pm

Really don't have much wiggle room with trinkets.
Bird for st
Bombard trinket aoe
I don't think injector is that good and until legendary trinket Norgannons is probably going to be perma equip in every situation unless you get high tf of one of the non on use trinkets. First boss trinket isn't actually that bad and you'd have to think since he's first boss mythic you'll see some nice tfs only issue is 40yard AoE.
I've been using Terminus Signaling Beacon from high command with 930 ilevel lately and it outperforms my old owl 920 on pure single target by a decent ammount. And since its CD is 1:30minutes it lines up perfectly with arcane power which is very nice.

Might be from the trinkets buffs they did with last restart but garothi's trinket and high command's one are more than decent in my opinion
Combustive

Unread postby Combustive Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:13 am

Mines 950 now and still sims lower than my 900 Terror From Below. Want to use it but unsure

Return to “Arcane”