Arcane mage openers

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Kedokatoji

Arcane mage openers

Unread postby Kedokatoji Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:12 pm

Hey guys, I want to know which openers for arcane mage is more optimal for dps performances.

My Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... kedokatoji

Note: I do not have soul of the archmage nor do I have kilted

My Warcraft logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps

My rotation:
-MoA
-RoP
-Arcane macro ( /cast PoM , Charged Up, Berserking, trinket usage, Arcane Blast)
-Use AM when it procs to make use of RoP
- Burn mana until evo while holding 1-2 AM

I started to watch logs because raidbots says I should do about 1.9mil in a 5 minute fight, but I seem to always have 1.3 to 1.6 mil dps on average. I saw these top arcane mages replays and watched their rotations and I noticed that some seem to ramp up to 4 charges then begin their burns.
(My only bis legendary I have is the lust ring)

It made me thought whether I should do this rotation instead:
- Arcane Blast (x4)
- MoA
- RoP
- Barrage to fully utilize t21 2 piece
- Arcane Macro (this time I took out the PoM, /cast charged up, beserking, and trinket)
- Dump AMs / if none, cast a few arcane blast to reach 8 stacks of erosion then use PoM to fully utilize erosion and t21 2 piece proc to maximize dps
-dump all AMs during AP/RoP
- burn mana to reach evo while not capping AMs

What do you guys think?
What do you guys do?
Also, I heard about using rules of three to your advantage or some kind of trick, how do you do it?
Camermike1987

Re: Arcane mage openers

Unread postby Camermike1987 Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:28 am

how are you activating your sephuz in ST fights ? i ask because i finally got my 4 piece t21 and i'm trying the add 2+t20 and double ring. with either the shard or soul. which ever sims better.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:37 am

how are you activating your sephuz in ST fights ? i ask because i finally got my 4 piece t21 and i'm trying the add 2+t20 and double ring. with either the shard or soul. which ever sims better.
Isn't double ring shard AND soul?
Kedokatoji

Unread postby Kedokatoji Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 pm

I don't activate my sephuz unless there's interrupts or adds I can frost nova to benefit off of sephuz. Double ring is better but I don't have my soul ring that's why I use sephuz, my other legos don't provide dps boost.
Roku

Unread postby Roku Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:05 am

It made me thought whether I should do this rotation instead:
- Arcane Blast (x4)
- MoA
- RoP
- Arcane Macro (this time I took out the PoM, /cast charged up, beserking, and trinket)
- Dump AMs / if none, cast a few arcane blast to reach 8 stacks of erosion then use PoM to fully utilize erosion and t21 2 piece proc to maximize dps
-dump all AMs during AP/RoP
- burn mana to reach evo while not capping AMs
This is pretty much what I do except after AP I burn my mana with rune of power so I don't munch rune of power CD by the next MoA
Bhallspawn

Unread postby Bhallspawn Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:02 pm

If you get a lot of missile during your burn phase your damage will be way superior.

That's why try to save as much missile proc for burn phase as you can.

And that's why this opener is superior to others
- Arcane Blast (x4)
- MoA
- RoP
- Arcane Power
-Presence of mind
-dump all missile
-start casting Arcane blast and dump missile as they come

If your'e lucky with missile proc you can start your burn phase with 3 missile and 2 instant AB which is insane. And sometimes even those 2 instant AB give you 2 missile proc and then you are God among men (for a brief period that is ).

Of course sometimes you are unlucky and get 0 proc and then your damage will tank...

Return to “Arcane”